One Year Later: Tummy Tuck Revision and Necrotic Tissue Excision from Breast - Atlanta, GA

Last February I had a full tummy tuck, with muscle...

Last February I had a full tummy tuck, with muscle repair and breast lift. I ended up with a serratia infection, separation at both hips and a mass of necrotic tissue in my left breast. I had a 9lb flap removed from my tummy - I would say about 2/3 of the way around, so I have some dog ears around on my back as well.

Over the year, the skin has loosened (it was much tighter) and needs to be repulled and additional lipo done to perfect the results. I will also have some additional lipo done on the mons area, as well as a lift. I have skin the amount of a small, wrinkly dog in my inner upper thigh, but I'm not to the point where I'm willing to deal with any possible complications to mess with it.

I have been seeing the ps for the last year and they knew some revising would need to be done. Originally, we though it might be able to be done in office, with just local anesthesia, but with all of the areas to address, she decided it would be faster and easier to do in a surgery setting. They are not charging me anything for the revision. I'm only paying for the surgery center fees. I felt a little foolish (and am still convincing myself that I need to go throughou this again) but she has made me feel very confident that I should be really happy with my results and that she, herself, would want all of the issues I have addressed.

I had the revision yesterday. Swollen and sore but...

I had the revision yesterday. Swollen and sore but can already tell how much flatter! Boob is fixed. Drains seem to be really slow, so hopefulu won't be 4 weeks again. It was much more anxious and nervous than I needed to be. Hoping I heal beautifully this time!

Day 4 post op. Reaction to the tape. Took it off...

Day 4 post op. Reaction to the tape. Took it off per ps instruction. Some relief already. New a/b, as I seem to be having a reaction to the keflex. Post op Wed. Praying incision continues to look so good.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Hey there, how are you doing? Are you healing well from your revision? Can't wait to see your before and after pics. I am researching a revision as well and looking for inspiration that I can get better results the second time around!

Hang in there!!  I am sure now that the tape has been removed that irritation will heal up.

If you get a chance post some of your revision pics!