Male - Atlanta, GA

Went in to an Atlanta derm Brody for botox to the...

Went in to an Atlanta derm Brody for botox to the brow to ease creases; he suggested juvaderm voluma in the cheeks and undereye area. First time with voluma. Had moderate bruising under one eye, but it is slowly going away as is redness. I am happy so far with the added fullness to the cheek as it really does seem to lift the lower face slightly and subtly; thinking of going for more and hoping it can be used in the chin area. Used half a syringe; one reason I go to him is that he only charges for what he uses and won't over inject (or over charge). Great experience so far.
Thanks for sharing.  Was this your first time trying any sort of injectable filler (besides Botox)?
I have also tried restylane (sp?) and other juvaderm products. First time for voluma. Still have some bruising eight days out, but seems to get a little better everyday. I have thick blood so when I do bruise, it generally takes a long time to disappear. Not worried. The voluma does indeed seem to "lift."
Are the bruises really obvious?

Voluma side effects are very common

I had moderate bruising that surfaced one day after the injection of voluma under one eye. Ten days later about 90 percent of the bruising is gone. I have very thick blood so I attribute the longevity to this. I am still very pleased with the result and will regurn to Dr. Brody for more. It really provided a lift. As for any side effects, i read the results of allergan's clinical trial and learned 98 of the 100 test subjects experienced mild to moderate side effects ranging from bruising, lumps, redness and firmness to discoloration for two to four weeks after injection, so this is normal. If you have a mild to moderate side effect, which appears likely according to the results, wait two to four weeks for it to subside and it most likely will. If severe, immediately contact your surgeon or ER. Of the 100 test subjects, 92 experienced tenderness, 88 swelling, 82 firmness, 81 lumps/bumps, 78 bruising, 66 pain, 66 redness, 41 discoloration and 39 itching. My point is that this product seems to have side effects that take longer to subside than other fillers, but will likely go away by 4 weeks.
Atlanta Dermatologist

Very personable and seems to take a genuine interest in your skin and overall look. He is a dermatologist who I have come to trust more than plastic surgeons.