Never Use Vein Innovations! -Atlanta, GA

On the radio and newspaper. Acouple of years ago I...

On the radio and newspaper. Acouple of years ago I went to a consultation at Vein Innovations on Peachtree Dunwoody Road in Atlanta, GA for treatment of my spider veins on both legs. An assistant who took my medical history and then did an ultrasound on both legs. She even showed me how my greater saphenous veins in my legs are pumping blood in a backward flow and that the blood should be pumping in a forward motion. I ask her if this is why I have so many spider veins and she confirms this is the reason for my spider veins. She then tells me that they could definitely help me eradicate my spider veins. I needed a saphenous vein closure performed on both legs. I was thrilled!

For the previous ten years I have been to dermatologists for many spider vein treatments which ranged from saline injections to painful laser treatments. This assistant explained that the procedure was painless and simple with virtually no down time. All it entailed was making a small incision into the inside area of each ankle, inserting a small wire and collapsing the greater saphenous vein.

So I had both procedures done. It was painless and uneventful. I return to Vein Innovations for my follow ups after both procedures. The assistant does an ultrasound on each leg. I see the same backward blood flow that I saw on my first ultrasound. I tell her I don't see any difference and she ensures me that the procedure was good. I then tell her that I haven't seen any change in my spider veins and she tells me that I will see improvement as my legs heal. I make my last payment. The receptionist says I don't need to come back and I go home waiting for improvement to both my legs.

Nothing happened. Their procedure did not improve my legs at all. In fact, I have more spider veins than before I had their procedure. I can't tell you how disappointed I was.

This past April I decided to go to a specialist. I made an appointment with a vascular specialist at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA. He examined me and took my history. I explained to him that I had a procedure at Vein Innovations 2 years before. I'll never forget his face and his reaction. He asked me if I had closure of both saphenous veins and I acknowledged that I had. He told me that he is certain that I did not have the procedure. He then tells me that I wouldn't believe how many women he has seen stating they had this same procedure at vein treatment centers that never happened. I was completely floored and embarrassed not to mention angry.

The following week he confirmed it when I had an ultrasound of both legs. I not only DID NOT have the surgery performed by Vein Innovations in Atlanta, GA, I didn't need that surgery then and I don't need the surgery now! I NEVER needed the surgery. ALL my saphenous veins are very healthy!!

I had both legs treated for spider veins at Emory with 90% resolution. This was the best treatment experience I have ever had.

PLEASE DO NOT use these vein centers you see on TV, in the newspapers, and on the billboards. Please use only vascular specialists. These vein centers DO NOT use vascular surgeons. They use surgeons that THEY train. When Vein Innovations did that fraudulent surgery on my legs, two different so-called doctors performed the procedure. I never met any doctor before either procedure was performed. I never knew the names of any doctor that did my bogus procedure. In fact, the whole procedure took about 10 minutes! They came into the room, did the procedure, then left the building. There wasn't even a doctor that stayed in that office. These non-vascular specialists travel from center to center performing procedures. There aren't any doctors on site!!!! Then Vein Innovations had the audacity to charge me $13,591! My procedure at Emory was $300 for the hour!!!!

Please learn from my experience! You people who have had the saphenous vein closure procedure at these vein centers, please have a licensed vascular specialist verify your procedure. My insurance covered my fees. Then report it to RealSelf when you find out you were scammed!

I thought it was interesting when looking at VI Google+ reviews that they were all great and that the CEO was one of the reviewers. Interesting to say the least.
It was interesting seeing the great vein innovations Google + reviews. Especially since the president and CEO is one of the reviewers. I just thought some of you would want to know.
I wouldn't expect anything less from that guy. He's a piece of work and I wouldn't trust anything he would post. He's trying to make money.