Never Use Vein Innovations! -Atlanta, GA

On the radio and newspaper. Acouple of years ago I...

On the radio and newspaper. Acouple of years ago I went to a consultation at Vein Innovations on Peachtree Dunwoody Road in Atlanta, GA for treatment of my spider veins on both legs. An assistant who took my medical history and then did an ultrasound on both legs. She even showed me how my greater saphenous veins in my legs are pumping blood in a backward flow and that the blood should be pumping in a forward motion. I ask her if this is why I have so many spider veins and she confirms this is the reason for my spider veins. She then tells me that they could definitely help me eradicate my spider veins. I needed a saphenous vein closure performed on both legs. I was thrilled!

For the previous ten years I have been to dermatologists for many spider vein treatments which ranged from saline injections to painful laser treatments. This assistant explained that the procedure was painless and simple with virtually no down time. All it entailed was making a small incision into the inside area of each ankle, inserting a small wire and collapsing the greater saphenous vein.

So I had both procedures done. It was painless and uneventful. I return to Vein Innovations for my follow ups after both procedures. The assistant does an ultrasound on each leg. I see the same backward blood flow that I saw on my first ultrasound. I tell her I don't see any difference and she ensures me that the procedure was good. I then tell her that I haven't seen any change in my spider veins and she tells me that I will see improvement as my legs heal. I make my last payment. The receptionist says I don't need to come back and I go home waiting for improvement to both my legs.

Nothing happened. Their procedure did not improve my legs at all. In fact, I have more spider veins than before I had their procedure. I can't tell you how disappointed I was.

This past April I decided to go to a specialist. I made an appointment with a vascular specialist at Emory University Hospital in Atlanta, GA. He examined me and took my history. I explained to him that I had a procedure at Vein Innovations 2 years before. I'll never forget his face and his reaction. He asked me if I had closure of both saphenous veins and I acknowledged that I had. He told me that he is certain that I did not have the procedure. He then tells me that I wouldn't believe how many women he has seen stating they had this same procedure at vein treatment centers that never happened. I was completely floored and embarrassed not to mention angry.

The following week he confirmed it when I had an ultrasound of both legs. I not only DID NOT have the surgery performed by Vein Innovations in Atlanta, GA, I didn't need that surgery then and I don't need the surgery now! I NEVER needed the surgery. ALL my saphenous veins are very healthy!!

I had both legs treated for spider veins at Emory with 90% resolution. This was the best treatment experience I have ever had.

PLEASE DO NOT use these vein centers you see on TV, in the newspapers, and on the billboards. Please use only vascular specialists. These vein centers DO NOT use vascular surgeons. They use surgeons that THEY train. When Vein Innovations did that fraudulent surgery on my legs, two different so-called doctors performed the procedure. I never met any doctor before either procedure was performed. I never knew the names of any doctor that did my bogus procedure. In fact, the whole procedure took about 10 minutes! They came into the room, did the procedure, then left the building. There wasn't even a doctor that stayed in that office. These non-vascular specialists travel from center to center performing procedures. There aren't any doctors on site!!!! Then Vein Innovations had the audacity to charge me $13,591! My procedure at Emory was $300 for the hour!!!!

Please learn from my experience! You people who have had the saphenous vein closure procedure at these vein centers, please have a licensed vascular specialist verify your procedure. My insurance covered my fees. Then report it to RealSelf when you find out you were scammed!

I thought it was interesting when looking at VI Google+ reviews that they were all great and that the CEO was one of the reviewers. Interesting to say the least.
It was interesting seeing the great vein innovations Google + reviews. Especially since the president and CEO is one of the reviewers. I just thought some of you would want to know.
I wouldn't expect anything less from that guy. He's a piece of work and I wouldn't trust anything he would post. He's trying to make money.
lionsd2: I'm sorry that you went through that experience. I almost did too. After seeing a TV ad I went to a vein clinic in Atlanta to remove my spider veins . Doctor diagnosis: After the ultrasound the doctor told me that there were no major problems except later on one vein in my right leg would need treatment. For now it was ok, he said. The only problem he said that the spider vein treatment wasn't covered by my med insurance. I agreed to have the spider veins done and pay out of pocket. It would be $250 plus medications. When I arrived for this appointment, the technician, or whatever the specialty is called, had a drawing of 2 legs with veins marked in red. She gave me a long explanation about the saphenous veins workings comparing it to a photo in her procedures room of a gondola in Venice . She stated that the valves in your veins stop working and she stated that the procedure called for in my case was to have radio frequency ablation (RFA) on both legs. At no point was I told that the doctor's diagnosis had changed, nor that her recommendations were based on new discoveries in my ultrasound. She said excitedly that they checked with my med insurance and they would cover the procedures. I was floored - how could my legs be in such a bad shape? I was then given a series of about 11 appointments beginning in June and ending in September. An email confirming the appointments followed. The appointments were for the ablation of the great saphenous vein and the small saphenous veins on each leg followed by the treatment of the spider veins. I researched on several websites on the Internet and watched everal You Tube videos about the procedures. Except for the spider vein,s my legs look fine. No varicose veins, no pain, no swelling. In summary, other than the spider veins, I had no other symptoms. Why then did I need such a treatment? After reading your comments this morning, I cancelled all of my appointments. Thank you. You saved me. PS this is not the first mal that I have experienced here. I had one with a dentist, a cardiologist, and an internal medicine doctor. But those are stories for another day. What is going on with the medical profession... the Hippocratic Oath?
I am so glad you saw through their scheme. It's all about making money in my opinion. What I also found out is that this center isn't even owned or operated by any physician. So it is a crap shoot with the results or treatment anyone receives. That's the sad part of these shops going up every month and are they being regulated? My advice is to see a board certified vascular surgeon always! Do not take any chances with this center. Good luck to you!
I visited Vein Innoventions in the fall of 2013. I had closures on both legs, a flubectomy on my left leg and sclerotherapy on both legs, and my legs feel 100% better each month. My spider veins have faded and I have no "new" veins popping up. I can only speak for my own experience, and it was a wonderful one. The doctor who performed my surgery has been treated as well and has great suggestions moving forward. I followed their post op instructions to a T and have had no trouble whatsoever. My varicose veins are gone and my spider veins have faded. I would recommend them 100%.
That is so great! I wish when I went to them I would have had the same experience. But because of my awful experience with VI, I found Emory for excellent treatment and resolution of my spider veins.
I have had only WONDERFUL experiences and realized beautiful results at Vein Innovations in Sandy Springs. I received only the best care from licensed surgical Dr.'s with more years of experience than I have been alive. My procedures were very quick, painless and I experienced no down time. The staff made me feel as if I were the only patient and they were truly glad to see me every time I came to the practice. I was treated with respect and all of my questions were answered clearly and concisely. The results from the procedures I received have been absolutely incredible. All of my "ugly, bumpy" veins are gone and my spider veins simply don't exist. I am extremely pleased with the results, the surgeons and the staff. I have and will continue to recommend the practice to my friends and acquaintances. The folks that I have referred have experienced the same wonderful results that I have. Vein Innovations has the best practices in Atlanta!!!!
I am suspicious of your "WONDERFUL" review of your "WONDERFUL" experiences at Vein Innovations
I agree cherrysky. It is always interesting that these people who have wonderful experiences at VI don't write their own reviews but post to those who had horrible experiences! I am always suspect if these are actual patients or employees!
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I've been going for years having sclerotherapy treatments and would also highly recommend them. I notice a difference in my legs and a reduction of veins. I will continue to go and will be getting closure treatments soon. I find it hard to believe someone would willingly go I to a procedure blind, without meeting the doctor first. It's also your responsibility to do your due diligence. Don't be naive, ask questions. I met the doctor and I have a while before I will get my closures done. They were more than helpful and answer all my questions.
I saw Dr. Ravi Veeraswamy who is a vascular specialist at Emory University Hospital. He was very professional and very thorough.
Dr. Veersaswamy is a fine vascular surgeon, however he does not perform vein surgery himself. It is my understanding that two P.A's do all of the vein work, not standard of care for sure.
Did you do anything about the medical malpractice of vein Innovations? The also got thousands from my insurance company. Also, can you reccommend your Doctor?
You should seek a practice that is IAC accredited for vascular testing. If they do a 30 minute ultrasound or have temporary vascular techs run. The testing is as important as the physician they should have experience be registered (RVT) vascular and (RPhS) registered phlebology (veins) preferred.
Larry and Deborah Sheridan have a med mal case against VI in the State Court of Dekalb County--Cash Krugler are the attorneys. Do not reach out to VI's CEO or Carey Sipp as suggested below and DO NOT give them your name. David Martin, the CEO, will not help you but will harrass and threaten you to remove the bad post or be sued.
Do you have contact information?
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I do not work with Vein Innovations. Go to Emory vein center's website and you will see that all of the videos and such are by the P.A. My friend had laser done there and got a bill from Vereeswamy but the procedure was done by a white man, subsequently the P.A.
A white man and a laser....WHAT?
Yes, Laser (endogenous laser ablation). She is from La Grange and is a patient with the Emory Clark-holder clinic and likes her doctors. She was referred to Dr. V 3 years ago. She had endovenous laser ablation of her left leg, did not have an ulcer or wound before the treatment but developed one after the treatment. She received a bill with Dr. Vera swamis name and asked the doctor upon her post assessmen who had been treating her if he was Dr. V. He said yes and then she said that he did not look like the picture on the website, at that point the white man who was a PA told her that he was working as him. I don't work with her anymore however she was very upset and had planned to file lawsuit.
Dang AutoCorrect, endovenous laser
-:- Message from RealSelf staff -:-

I don't mean to be rude but I have no idea what in the world you are talking about. You have gone off on your own mission here. I would like people to comment on MY post about their unfortunate experiences. I don't need or care to hear about MY doctor, who I am a patient and have first hand experiences, because you know how to look at an internet site. You obviously have had experience with some vein center and I am thrilled for you. If you have walked in our shoes, tell me about it. Otherwise please create your own post and make ridiculous statements about any doctor or any center you want. This is your first comment on this site. Be useful and post your experience. You don't have enough knowledge to comment on my experience.