Ultherapy for Not Looking 50 on my Next Birthday - Atlanta, GA

I am 49 years old turning 50 next October. I have...

I am 49 years old turning 50 next October. I have twin 3 year old boys and for the last 4 years have started to really notice my aging in my face. I get Botox on my forehead routinely. I have not used any fillers because I don't want to look fake. I am not surgery averse but felt a face lift is too aggressive of a surgery for where I am now.
My goal is to do little things to maintain and slightly improve my aging process by reversing those sags and bags that are starting to creep in. I don't want to look fake or stretched out. I just want to look like me 5 or 10 years ago.
After reading about Ultherapy and hearing about it at an educational event, I decided this is for me. I had my procedure done at Dr Beaty's office in Alpharetta because he is an expert and has been doing this for over 3 years and has great results and happy patients.
His new Aesthetician, Cherylyn did my procedure. She is super sweet and so nice. She really coached me through the procedure and took her time to make sure I was comfortable.
I have never looked my age until recently when I feel it's catching up to me. I'm excited to take just a few years off. I don't have issues with self esteem or vanity, I just want to look my best for any age that I am.

My procedure was 1 week ago today. The results are supposed to start being noticeable after 3 weeks and full results between 3 to 6 months. So I am very excited to be on my way.

The procedure itself is not comfortable to go through. They use nerve blocks and numbing cream and you can take a pain pill if you have one before the procedure or Motrin to help. As I said, Cherylyn coached me through and was able to move to another area if I needed a break which she did a couple of times. Overall, it wasn't that bad though.

For the last week, my jaw line has been sore when I press on it. So I just don't. I have to go over it easy when putting on moisturizer or make up but it's not that bad. Feels like a deep minor bruising but there is no bruising on my face. I haven't even taken any Motrin or anything for it, it's just not that bad and like I said is only uncomfortable if I press on the area. The only areas sore like that seem to be over the bones, my cheek bones, temples, and jaw right on the edge. I'm happy for that though if it means I got a good treatment because that was my biggest area I don't like.

There has been no change to my skin texture at all this last week. It was great to go have the procedure done in the morning, by lunch time I was at work and no one has known I've done anything. I like that the results will be gradual over the next few months. I'll just start aging backwards!

I'll post more pictures and see if I can get the before pictures they did at the office when I go back in so I can show their professional shots vs. my iPhone pictures.

I did my whole face and my jaw line. I had an option for my neck which I considered doing too but decided that wasn't as much of a problem for me at this point. If I see great results from my face, I'll go back and do it as maintenance. My Mom has a really saggy neck and if it's in my genes to get one too I'll do anything I can to fight it. My Mom hates her crepey neck more than anything and I'm sure I would too.

2 week update

So it's been 2 weeks since my procedure. The tenderness I felt is completely gone and has been since last week. I haven't noticed a difference yet and wasn't expecting to. One of my friends who didn't know I had anything done said my eyes looked more lifted and open and asked me what I was using or had done. I am looking forward to really start seeing results in the next few weeks and months

4 weeks out from procedure today

I had my 3 week follow up last Thursday. My results are starting to be noticeable around my jaw line, under my chin and on the outer half under my eyes. One of my friends told me today that she noticed my eye brows look lifted. I can't say that I notice any major improvement there but I see myself every day. I'll wait for more photos in a week or so.
I did get my before and after photos from Dr. Beaty's office today so I could post them.
Please remember these are 3 week photos and results are supposed to be at 3 months. It's not a lot of change, but there is definitely a difference already which is very encouraging for the results I am hoping to get in a couple more months.
I have no discomfort or anything in my face at all. That was all completely gone by 10 days or so after the procedure. Now, I am just waiting on the magic to happen.
Here are my photos. I do have a little eye makeup on in the follow up pictures but no blush or base make up at all.

9 weeks out from procedure

These are my pictures from last week, 9 weeks from my procedure day.  My face is looking lifted from my brow to my jawline.  People are starting to notice that I look "refreshed" and "rested".   I can see the difference in the mirror.  My jaw line is not as droopy and puffy as it was before.  My brows are lifted and my eyes are more open than before.

I still have several more weeks to go before I am at full results.  I'm about halfway to the full result time line they told me to expect.  The results are really starting to show now and I could not be happier.

I won't be going back to the doctor's office until my 5 month follow up.  I'll post some selfies next month though just to show the progress.

Very very happy that I did this for myself.  I would highly recommend Dr Beaty and his staff if you are in Atlanta.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cherylyn was great. Couldn't ask for a nicer person to do the procedure. She really coached me through it and was great to be with for the hour or so it took. Dr. Beaty is incredible. Such a nice doctor that really listened to me and my concerns with my aging face and made a great recommendation for the procedure. The office is really nice and clean and very professional and comfortable. Also very easy to get to in Alpharetta right off GA 400 and Old Milton Rd.

I am still holding my rating as Not Sure at this point because I don't have my results yet.  Worth it to me says I got what I was expecting based on the procedure and what I was told to expect.
I have seen my photos at 3 weeks showing some early results of tightening around my eyes and jaw line.  I am pleased to see those early results. I am definitely feeling that I see even more early results in the last 2 weeks since those photos were taken.
I truly expect that my rating of this will be WORTH IT.  However, I still want to wait to see my results before I make that recommendation for anyone else considering this procedure.

Glad for you. Ulthera did absolutely NOTHING for me. Not even temporarily.
I sort of forgot the treatment after I got it, because it takes so long to kick in. I was pleasantly surprised starting at 4 months though. It improved month by month, little by little, thereafter. 1.5 years in I still believe it's well worth the money. Best of luck with your 50th.
That is awesome to hear.  I'm forgetting about it now too.  It's been 5 weeks today since I had it done and that just surprises me.  Time flies way too fast!  I'm so glad to hear that even a year and a half later you are still pleased with your results.  Thanks for the encouragement
I"m glad you recently experienced good results. It's an uncertain thing, a procedure which takes so long to kick in, and one which doesn't show dramatic change. People have posted to me that they can't see the point in paying so much money when a facelift would be better value, but I don't think some people get that not everyone wants to take that pathway, but would be happy with subtle results. Often the appreciation of subtle results is a personal thing.
Jay_Ski,

I definitely don't want a facelift.  I've seen a friend go through a mid face lift at 42 and her face be as swollen as a pumpkin for a week and in a lot of pain.  Plus now 8 years later, she needs something else done again.

1.  I have 2 small children and can't take that down time
2.  I have a business to run and can't take that down time
3.  I like subtle vs. "oh you had a facelift"
4.  I still want to look like me, I think a facelift always changes the vectors of your face and no matter how good the surgeon, you'll never look just like you again.

I have subtle results at this point, but I am not even at 3 months out yet.  I've seen more and more dramatic result photos at the 6 month mark.  I won't give up on getting the more dramatic results until I am beyond 6 months.

Final point, even if I did this AGAIN after 6 months to get more results, I would still be WELL under the price of a facelift add to that the cost of me being out of work, hiring childcare so I can recover, dealing the pain, wearing bandages, looking like a pumpkin for a week, risk of infection, risk of anesthesia, risk of nerve damage, etc etc.  I'll take Ultherapy any day!!!

I agree. I don't people factor in the true cost of major procedures when they look at only the end result. I hope one day though, that ulthera will become cheaper and more accessible to more people. It's a fair bit on the expensive side right now.
You should try Eva Fraser's facial exercises too. They help lift your cheeks, and firm up the skin under your chin. They really work, I do them. I am almost 60.
There is a video on YT of a lady getting this procedure who had some pretty noticeable immediate results, I was really impressed. I know every person is different and gets different results. Im trying to find things that I can do which dont cost a fortune and give results. I find this site very helpful.
I'm looking into this too particularly for my neck so I look forward to seeing your results.
So I am 2 weeks out from my ultherapy procedure. The tenderness I felt is totally gone and has been since last week. I don't see any difference yet but one of my friends who didn't know I had done anything commented on my eyes seeming lifted and more open. She asked what I was using or what I had done because "you look great". I am hoping to really see that difference in the next few weeks and months.
Can you post a few pictures?
Sure. I will take some without makeup and post them tomorrow. I don't see a change and its too early by what they told me to expect to see anything noticeable. Happy to post progress pictures though
Yes please.
Kathy, as the Ultherapist at Beaty Facial Plastic Surgery, it is so rewarding when I see a patient's review such as yours. I'm glad the different techniques I used were successful in keeping you as comfortable as possible, and look forward to your full results! Please call with any questions. ~ Cherylyn
Thank you. You were great to work with. I was so happy to have you taking care of me and doing my procedure
Hi! Thank you for sharing your story. I'm considering having it done too so please let me know how your doing in a few months.
Thank you for sharing with us on RealSelf.   I can't wait to see your results so please keep us up to date.