Thomas Eye Group Uses Belotero and Disfigured My Face - Atlanta, GA

I asked Dr. Kenneth Neufeld of the Thomas Eye...

I asked Dr. Kenneth Neufeld of the Thomas Eye Group in Atlanta to inject Juvaderm in my cheeks as I had been doing since 2007. As he is injecting me he tells me he is using Belotero, a new product, instead. I was alarmed but he assured me that it would last longer. Several days later a large brown sac of fluid begins to form under one of my eyes. Dr. Neufeld injects hylenex into the puffy brown bag several weeks later. The bag doubles in size. Another plastic surgeon tells me that the bag is the result of getting Belotero too close to the orbital rim of the eye. His office will not use Belotero because of this. Dr. Neufeld has no idea of how to get rid of my black eye. The Belotero totally disappeared in three months. However, the black eye is still there after five months. I have been told I need a lower blepharoplasty to remove it. Dr. Kenneth Neufeld and the Thomas Eye Group will not return my calls.
Atlanta Ophthalmologist

Dr. Kenneth Neufeld is arrogant, unfeeling, unprofessional, and inexperienced. His staff is an absolute nightmare of disorganization. No one returns calls. He also did an upper blepharoplasty on me months before this procedure. As you can see, it's possibly the worst upper blepharoplasty ever done. If you look under his name and my review of Dr. Neufeld's upper blepharoplasty you can see my before pics. No, the pics aren't in reverse order: my upper lids looked better before the surgery. Yes, I am an idiot for letting him work on me twice- I figured he couldn't screw up Juvaderm injections. When I first called to get an appointment they told me he could see me at any time. That should have been my first clue.

I too had Belotero in my cheeks 18 months ago, this was done by cannula, i was lied about the product , when i asked about the product the Doctor told me they use the best products so i trusted her, that was my first big mistake . Unfortunately like you my eyes were affected , i had an edema on my left side and on the right right cheek , it looks awfull, so the doctor suggested Radio Frequency, this was an even bigger mistake and has changed my life , not only my eyes never came back how they were , but i have loose skin and still some puffiness where the edema was and have so much more wrinkles now too, but the RF melted the fat on my cheeks, chin and under my nose they call it Fat attrophy , this has destroyed my confidence and has made me very depressed. So what ever you do , research because it seem a lots of doctor lies about their products, i know my did and to make it worse, she told me that RF did not have any side effect at all, this was ofcourse another big fat lie and i am now suffering the consequences , i trusted her. Good like .
Hi I also had Belotero Filler on March 4, 2014 I went to a Plastic Sugeron asking for voluma . He talked me out of it and I agreed to have Belotero instead . He injected along the temple and the crow feet area , the corners of my eyes and along the uper cheek area . I developed two black eyes along with scratch like needle marks . I called him and he assured me not to be concerned he mentioned he hit a blood vessel and that's what cause the bruises . Im really upset its a week now and the bruises a fadeing slightly, this has keep my from wearing my contacts along with staying in the house I dont see any great improvement so far.I have tryed other fillers , Radiesse which wasnt worth the money lasted a month along with a side effect burning of the face with very high blood pressure tha lasted 24 hours . Ive had Juverdern which I like above the lip area, it lasts a year. These fillers were done at a spa and a dermatologist office , never had any major bruises like this. Bangela , of South Fl.
I have been told a lot of doctors aren't using Belotero anymore because of this problem. Sales reps are resorting to GIVING them samples of Belotero and that's why doctors are pushing Belotero- it's FREE to them and then they turn around and charge the patient $750 per syringe. I still have my Belotero black eye bag after 5 months.
Was your injection done with a blunt microcannula? Supposedly, that may make the difference and helps prevent swelling and bruising. Any product used would produce bruising but more likely with a needle injection method.
The Belotero was injected into my cheek area by needle. I have had many plastic surgeons look at the malar edema (bruise and eyebag) and they have all said that it was caused by injecting too close to the orbital rim. Having one black eye and eye bag is pretty disfiguring- I get a lot of stares and comments. I was divorced last year ( I got dumped) so what was supposed to help my self esteem has made it plummet. Dating was out of the question the last five months and I haven't left the house except work and the gym.
That is interesting. My doctor won't use it after the problems we had with the product falling out of the injection site and pooling below the eye, causing horrible bags. The only use for this is in the lip, but why bother when there are better fillers around? I often look on the internet for signs of a class action lawsuit regarding this product - believe me, I will join it. I hope that the bags are disappearing. Mine are finally going after six months.
I'm sorry you had such a negative experience with Belotero.
Thanks!!!