EYE SURGERY

I asked Dr. Kenneth Neufeld of the Thomas Eye...

I asked Dr. Kenneth Neufeld of the Thomas Eye Group in Atlanta to inject Juvaderm in my cheeks as I had been doing since 2007. As he is injecting me he tells me he is using Belotero, a new product, instead. I was alarmed but he assured me that it would last longer. Several days later a large brown sac of fluid begins to form under one of my eyes. Dr. Neufeld injects hylenex into the puffy brown bag several weeks later. The bag doubles in size. Another plastic surgeon tells me that the bag is the result of getting Belotero too close to the orbital rim of the eye. His office will not use Belotero because of this. Dr. Neufeld has no idea of how to get rid of my black eye. The Belotero totally disappeared in three months. However, the black eye is still there after five months. I have been told I need a lower blepharoplasty to remove it. Dr. Kenneth Neufeld and the Thomas Eye Group will not return my calls.
I too had Belotero in my cheeks 18 months ago, this was done by cannula, i was lied about the product , when i asked about the product the Doctor told me they use the best products so i trusted her, that was my first big mistake . Unfortunately like you my eyes were affected , i had an edema on my left side and on the right right cheek , it looks awfull, so the doctor suggested Radio Frequency, this was an even bigger mistake and has changed my life , not only my eyes never came back how they were , but i have loose skin and still some puffiness where the edema was and have so much more wrinkles now too, but the RF melted the fat on my cheeks, chin and under my nose they call it Fat attrophy , this has destroyed my confidence and has made me very depressed. So what ever you do , research because it seem a lots of doctor lies about their products, i know my did and to make it worse, she told me that RF did not have any side effect at all, this was ofcourse another big fat lie and i am now suffering the consequences , i trusted her. Good like .
Hi I also had Belotero Filler on March 4, 2014 I went to a Plastic Sugeron asking for voluma . He talked me out of it and I agreed to have Belotero instead . He injected along the temple and the crow feet area , the corners of my eyes and along the uper cheek area . I developed two black eyes along with scratch like needle marks . I called him and he assured me not to be concerned he mentioned he hit a blood vessel and that's what cause the bruises . Im really upset its a week now and the bruises a fadeing slightly, this has keep my from wearing my contacts along with staying in the house I dont see any great improvement so far.I have tryed other fillers , Radiesse which wasnt worth the money lasted a month along with a side effect burning of the face with very high blood pressure tha lasted 24 hours . Ive had Juverdern which I like above the lip area, it lasts a year. These fillers were done at a spa and a dermatologist office , never had any major bruises like this. Bangela , of South Fl.
I have been told a lot of doctors aren't using Belotero anymore because of this problem. Sales reps are resorting to GIVING them samples of Belotero and that's why doctors are pushing Belotero- it's FREE to them and then they turn around and charge the patient $750 per syringe. I still have my Belotero black eye bag after 5 months.

Thomas Eye Group

Thomas Eye Group successfully corrected all problems with my eyes
Your new post says that all your problems have been fixed up. I'm so happy for you. What did they do? Do you have a photo? Your story is compelling as it highlights the "substitution without consent" issue with injectables. When I go to the hairdresser she doesn't choose the colour or cut - I do and rightly so. I don't know why these doctors think they can use the product they want without any discussion or consent especially when a patient has been happy with a different product in the past. It happened to me and I'm not happy about it either. I also have ONE puffy eye only. It's disfiguring and draws comment. I would be grateful for an update as to what was done to correct your issue. Thanks, KP
Thank everyone for posting these comments. I was thinking about having Belotero injected in my eye hollows, before reading them. My hollowed out eyes was caused by Ulthera and a C02 laser treatments. Please don't let anyone talking you into either of these treatments.
Atlanta Ophthalmologist

Dr. Neufeld corrected all my eye problems satisfactorily