So Angry About the Price I Paid! - Atlanta, GA

I am ridiculously angry at the Gardner Medical Spa...

I am ridiculously angry at the Gardner Medical Spa as of this morning. I forked out a load of cash for laser tattoo removal at their clinic that was extremely ineffective and left me with huge, bloody gaping wounds that I had to cover with bandages for 2 weeks after each session. The nurse was always worried about scarring too because it just looked so awful. I just paid half of what I did at the Gardner Medical Spa somewhere else and received WAY better care. Included in the much lower price was free numbing cream (Gardner wants 50$ for it even if you pay a lot for just the laser) and salve, and the doctor herself took care of me. Their machine is also an Alexandrite machine, yet of a different, much more effective sort. My tattoo, after one session at the new place, looks astoundingly different, lots of patches missing and it looked as if it shrunk by a whole 1/4, and I was told not to expect to bleed everywhere and no bandages are necessary. I am so disappointed in the Gardner Medical Spa. I feel like they gave me poor service for a high price and only wanted money. If you go to them, expect your tattoo to take literally forever to disappear.

Hi, I am very surprised by this review and there are some things in the review that are actually not accurate about our practice or the procedure. We are very sorry if you were unhappy with your experience at our office. If you would like to contact management, we will be happy to speak with you as we want all of our patients to be happy when they leave our office. We pride ourselves on our patient care and customer service and have one of the best medical spa continuing education programs for our staff. I am very surprised to see this review, as we are one of the top laser tattoo removal offices in Atlanta. We do not typically receive complaints about this procedure and have been in practice over 25 years. We usually in fact are told quite the opposite. Patients who have been elsewhere and had a bad experience before coming to us tell us that they are much happier with our laser and our licensed technicians. We have all the latest technology and newest lasers, and the most top of the line and state of the art machines. Our doctor is always on site when we do laser procedures, reviews all laser charts and signs off on them and all of our licensed aestheticians/certified laser technicians are well trained and very knowledgeable. Many patients do not require topical anesthesia at all for laser tattoo removal. We also do not charge $50 for topical creams so I am not sure that you are talking about the correct office? We do offer numbing injections if it will make the patient more comfortable, depending on the size/sensitivity of the area to be treated. Blistering is very normal with laser tattoo removal, and in fact expected with most treatments on darker pigments. Tattoo removal with a laser does take several treatments, which we always prepare patients for during the initial consultation and first time treatment. Anytime you are having a laser procedure that is to this level, there can be some bleeding. Each person responds differently, and the response will change as the tattoo begins to fade. The key to tattoo removal is consecutive treatments, (yes, several), and a top of the line laser, which we have. Our prices are standard and comparable to other board certified plastic surgeons and board certified dermatologists in the metro Atlanta area. We do however offer packages with significant discounts. We are always happy to work with our patients and their budgets when discussing treatment plans. Please contact us if this is in fact where you had your laser tattoo removal treatments so we can discuss your treatments and have some resolution to your satisfaction. Yes Megan, you are correct, when you research laser tattoo removal treatments you can see that blistering, bleeding and several treatments are almost always what you can expect.
So are you going to give her a refund?

Sorry to hear you didn't see as much change in your tattoo as you had hoped. From what I have read, it seems it can take quite a number of treatments.  What colors are in your tattoo?

Atlanta Dermatologist

He doesn't really have anything to do with his tattoo removal patients. But his assistants at the clinic are very kind and helpful.