Softform Lip Implants - Atlanta, GA

Hi, I had my lip implants (SOFTFORM) done back in...

Hi, I had my lip implants (SOFTFORM) done back in 1999. I orginally had one done on each side of my vermillion and then did another one straight thru the lip so I have a total of 3. I had this done and the results I feel were better in the beginning.

I am gay and have had other things done and was leary of silicone and never had that done. I have several transexual friends who have had silicone work in their face and lips and very good results. I have seen the other side to bad silicone work too so you have to watch out. I sometimes think I would have liked the silicone better than these softform because my lips almost dont compare to the results they got...my results are subtle but must be better than what they would be without the implant...I like how they feel though sometimes I question the placement of the one that goes through the center of my lip, it wasz supposed to give me more projection..but he did not go all theway accross and he said he did this to cause eveness overall//anyway I massage them and move them around ..but once again the results are subtle.. I usually have to tell someone I have had it done and i let them feel them..like I said the results are subtle compared to silicone injections but you have to be careful with those because I have read about people getting infections etc..overall i guess I am somewhat happy with these implants and after all of this time am somewhat disappointed i would have to have another procedure done I think to be happy again..

a plastic surgeon in Charlotte NC

Has anyone had SoftForm in for yrs & then got them taken out? If so, did the lips look really bad after? I'm wondering because I've had them in for 12 yrs now & want them out. I'm scared of how they will look afterward

Hi My,

Welcome to the lip implant community. I'm really glad you had such a positive experience. Your comparison of the Soft Form and the silicone is great for the community to know. Please keep us updated and thanks so much for the review.

Thanks,