Upper/Lower Abs and Back (Bra Roll)

My surgery is scheduled for September 14th and I...

My surgery is scheduled for September 14th and I am so nervous. I keep trying to debate the surgery in my head trying to decide if I actually need it. I am so unsatisfied with my body that its a real viable option for me.

I'm small, 5'2, 130 lbs, 20 lbs of which I have gained within the past 4 years. In my smaller size, I was comfortable to wear certain things (like a bikini) and not feel insecure about it. Now it shames me to put on a bathing suit. I have bra rolls that seem to have come out of nowhere and I am ashamed to even show skin or wear tight shirts because of them. My confidence has definitely went down. I exercise, diet and have completely changed my eating habits in the past 3 years, however, my stomach and back remain the same.

I have been researching smartlipo for a while now and finally decided to schedule a consultation last week. After my consultation, they told me that although I had a fairly decent body shape and size, that I was a perfect candidate for smartlipo. After a few days of thinking, I made the decision to go for it. I want to feel happy with my body again. I am so, so, so nervous about it though. Everyday I have a different opinion about it. The slight mention of the surgery to my friends has gotten me unwanted reactions. My friends think that I am crazy for wanting to do it, but I do have some that are very supportive and tell me to go for it.

I will keep you guys posted on my surgery and after results. Attached are my "before" (current) pictures.

Tomorrow is the big day! Still a little nervous. I...

Tomorrow is the big day! Still a little nervous. I had a pre-op appt today with the doctor. He took a look at my body and assured me that he could definitely take care of my problem areas. He suggested that I consider getting my waist done for better results. I am debating on it. They also gave me Boiron Arnica to start taking today. I will post an udate tomorrow after my surgery.

Well I had my surgery yesterday. I was semi sleep...

Well I had my surgery yesterday. I was semi sleep during it. It was not painful, but during some of it, I felt a little discomfort. After the surgery, I didnt feel hardly any pain at all. I came home and went straight to sleep. By the time I had woken up, I realize that I had been asleep for 6 hours. The pain had definitely come. I could not get out the bed and had to have my friend help me out of it. Once I was up and walking around, I was fine. When I sat down, and tried to get up, it was hard for me to get back up.

As for my results, honestly, I can't tell much of a difference. My stomach looks a little flatter, but there is still some bulge. Probably from the swelling. My back still kind of has a roll, which kinda made me sad when looking at it last night. I will post pictures today. I'm hoping that it is due to the swelling too. So far I cannot really give a good comment on my results until the swelling goes down I guess, because I don't see much of a change.

Just posted some pics…I don't know if its jus...

Just posted some pics…I don't know if its jus me, but shouldn't my back rolls at least look like they been touched or feel swollen? I can actually grab my back roll and still jiggle it and feel no pain. I literally cried this morning because I feel that my surgery was in vain and that nothing changed. I'm going to call the doctor today just to ask questions. I really want to be patient for my results, but I honestly feel like my back roll will still be a problem for me.

Day 4 post op and I am starting to see my body...

Day 4 post op and I am starting to see my body start to change. My swelling is slowly starting to go down. I have been drinking tons of water and per my doctor not eating too much salt and wearing my garment 24/7 (except when I shower). I haven't had any problem with my compression garment until yesterday, Yesterday was my first day back to work, I ended up only working a half a day because I felt very uncomfortable in my chair with my garment on. I pick up my new garment next week at my first post op appt on Tuesday. The only thing that I noticed that was not mentioned by other people is, well for me diarrhea and constipation. The first day after the surgery I had diarrhea, which my doctor told me was normal. After that I have been constipated. the doctor told me to continue to drink a lot of water to help with it. I may have to get a stool softner. Sorry for the gross out, just thought that some people may want to know that this may be something to look for after the surgery. I posted some day 4 pics.

Researching

I'm happy that you've been seeing some positive change as your body swelling reduces! Keep us posted and the pics are looking good!
Thanks hrtb84! I have to admit, I was a little discouraged initially right after my surgery, but patience is definitely key! When is your surgery?! Is it today or tomorrow?
I would be discouraged too! I'm a little antsy and would want to see results asap! At least I know what to expect now... Patience is not one of my strongest qualities. My surgery is tomorrow!!! Nervous/excited!
Don't be too nervous, I promise, the surgery is the easiest part. Get some rest today, and if you haven't already, do a little prepping. I prepped my bed, went to the grocery and bought fruits and light foods to eat for after, lots of water, and get some babywipes, neosporin and itching cream (I do tend to itch around my entry points, especially with the garment on). I didn't get neosporin until after and I wish I had thought to buy it before. Good luck tomorrow and let me know how it goes :)
So I had my surgery yesterday and I felt like you right after... Where's the change on my thighs?? But I read your post again and saw your newest photos and know that I must be patient. You look great and I made sure to have all the things I needed beforehand like you suggested. Your updates have been key because I'm just a few days after you in timeline! It's like a peep into what I can expect in the near future :)
Do you know how much he took out of your body and specifically your back roll? When I look at your day 1 results to day 4, it looks so good. I want the same!! It will almost be a week for you soon! Hope you are well :)
You will be fine by Thursday. :)
Thanks Belladonna Atlanta, that definitely makes me feel better. I'm gonna wear my compression garment 24/7. I also just ordered another and am waiting for it to arrive. I will also buy some neosporin, thanks for the tip! I have a business trip to take Thursday of this week, so I hope I am feeling better enough to travel by then.
Hey! So happy for you. I am about 3 weeks post op. I know the feeling. The swelling will make it seem like there is no change. But try putting on some clothes like 4 days after you will see the change. I know I have dropped one dress size. I am not as swollen, but still kinda numb in some areas. I use cocoa butter belly cream and arnica cream to massage my belly twice a day. Some days I feel really good and I feel my stomach looks flat. Other days I feel the total opposite. But overall it was worth it. One more tip. Use neosporin on your incision points. It will help it heal faster and less likely to leave a mark. Also I can't stress this enough. Wear your compression garment 24 hours a day except when in the shower. I sleep in mine and wear it all day. I have two. So if one is in the wash, I have one to wear. You will be fine. I tried working out last week, but I felt my body was not ready. So will attempt again this week. Take care.
Hi there...I am sure your results will come...I would DEF give it some time..but I know how ur feeling and I would feel the same way. I am having Vaser Lipo in about 2 1/2 wks and so scared about results. What made u semi-sleep...was it the pills they gave u prior to procedure...I really want to be some what out of it....think GOOD thoughts and give some time to heal...are u still draining??
Yea, i'm def going to give it sometime for the swelling to go down. I guess I expected to see some kind of change even with the swelling. I kinda gave myself a pep talk this morning to just wait until the swelling is down before I can make a determination on my results.

The pills that they gave me made me sleepy and kinda out of it. They gave me 2 vicodin, 2 xanax, a pill for nausea, and another pill that I can't remember, I think it may it have been my antibiotic. It made me feel almost drunk, if I can think of something to compare it to and I'm no drinker. Although I was out of it during my surgery, I could still feel when they were poking me and telling me to roll over, etc. And it didn't hurt, the most pain I felt was comparable to getting a shot or something.

I am no longer draining though. I changed my bandages last night before going to bed and when I checked this morning, besides the bandage I put over my belly button, none of them had drainage. My belly button hasn't drained today since I changed it this morning.
Hey GettingConfidenceBack, Just wishing you a great day tomorrow! Hope you'll get some great rest tonight and excited for your results and updates.
Thank you hrtb84! I will let you know how everything goes tomorrow!
GettingConfidenceBack,

All the best on your surgery! You must be nervous/excited with only a week left to go!!!! I am having mine 5 days after yours. I know what you mean about friends and their reactions! I told only one that I trust immensely and she thinks I'm crazy too, but at least she is supportive. Have you done a lot to prepare? I don't even know where to start! I'll be looking forward to your updates and to see your results!
Hi hrtb84, I am still nervous, yet excited. I think my nerves have calm down a bit, but will probably be back up by the time of the surgery. Just 4 more days! I haven't done much to prepare. I did go out and but some baby wipes and pads for extra protection from the drainage points. I will be putting some cheaper sheets on my bed so that I won't ruin the pricier ones I have on my bed. I have done a lot of research and will probably be doing that up until the actual surgery Friday. Im excited to see my results. I will post an update and pics on Friday or Saturday after my surgery. Good luck with your surgery as well!
So excited for you!! I will definitely be looking out for an update on Saturday :) Less than 3 days to go!!
My procedure was $4500. My consultation was free. I went to wifh because my friend used them. The doctor that owns the practice is Dr. Kulkin. He has called to check on me a few times since.
Please let us know how it goes. I'm still on the fence myself.
Will do!
I just did mine today and it was not bad at all. I was nervous too. But I chatted with my doctor and nurse through the whole thing. Even sent out a few text messages. I am actually at my sons football practice just 2 hours after the procedure. You'll be fine :)
Thanks for letting me know your experience! That definitely puts me at ease a little bit. How are you feeling today? What did you get done and do you like your results?
My doctor does upper/lower abs and love handles as a package. So that's what I did. I am in my way home from his office now. (my sister is driving me) They had my drains removed. I feel sore like the way I feel after I've done an intense abs exercise but that's it. Not bad at all. :) my stomach is flatter. No fat. But I am still a little swollen. I go back on wednesday for another visit. So glad I did it. I cannot wait for the swelling to go down.
Belladonna Atlanta,

How much did your procedure cost? Which doctor did you use? Also was your first consultation free? Ive recently been researching get Smartlipo for my lower/upper abs, love handles, and lower back but I am unsure what a reasonable price is and whether or not most doctors charge for the consultation. Thanks for your help!
Hi CharlotteBelle;

Sorry for the delay, just noticed your comment. I went to Sonobello and my surgery was approximately 3800; my consultation was free. I had my upper/lower abs and back (bra roll area) done. I think that most doctors offer a free consultation, most that I looked at did. Good luck!
Well, now I noticed your comment wasn't directed to me, but hope it was helpful lol :)