I'm on my Waaaaaaay - Atlanta, GA

Youtube video channel: atldymeztamikaa (yes with...

Youtube video channel: atldymeztamikaa (yes with two a's) Soooo, hey everyone! I am 5'1 and 225lbs... this height and weight, my BMI is 41. I have high cholesterol, but not many medical problems. I do have alot of physical problems though! My knees hurt, my back, I get tired SUPER easily and when I walk (on flats) my feet even start to hurt! Sex has become more of a hassle (can you imagine?) and dancing? Dancing makes me feel like I am running a 5k. This is ridiculous!

I will be turning 29 on August 26th and do NOT want to go into my 30's looking like a baby whale. Although I do feel sexy at times, I have the HARDEST time finding clothes to fit me. NOT because I am big, there are plenty big girl clothes, but because I am BIG and PETITE! The nerve of me right. Sooo, after months of trying to get surgery with Peachtree Bariatrics in Atlanta (tragic fail, do NOT go there) I have found a great team at Emory Bariatrics working with Ms. Tracy Greene.

Right now my surgery is scheduled and the insurance company has already approved it (I'm with United Healthcare) and I am excited that I have to pay 10% only, insurance covers 90%.

Hey ya'll I dont know if you have been watching my...

Hey ya'll I dont know if you have been watching my channel on youtube, but I am down 23lbs and I am about 7 weeks out. Im eating WAAAY less but I am on my way to good health :) Thanks for your positive words!

Emory Bariatrics

Forgot to add you look great !
Hi tamika , thanks for the vids. I'm new to the forum . Surgery date 6/19/13 . Like to know what problems you had with Peachtree bariatric . My surgeon is Titus Duncan . Was lol about the pole dancing. I want to sign up with "vertical joes" ! zumba classes are my favorite ! If you keep up with those classes your weight will change from 180 quickly !
You're looking amazing! Keep @ it. Blessings

Awesome videos Tamika, thanks for the updates!

Hey Tamika,

Your latest photo is awesome, you're doing so well! You must be proud!

Good luck in your journey boo!!
Congrats! I'm thinking about doing this because like you I'm 5'1 and 244 lbs,trying to get clothes that aren't made for tall people. Good luck with your journey. :)
You are just a little heavier than me, but same height :) You will be glad that you did it. I'm now at 165 lbs. I have about 20 more to go!!!
where did you get it done? i know your insurance paid 90 % and you 10% do you know what the total was? also was it hard getting there?
i listed where I got it, the total i paid is listed as well above and it wasn't hard working with my hospital... but you do need 6 month weight loss attempt.
How long after your surgery did you go back to work.
I work from home, but a friend of mine went back to work after a couple weeks. With me, my surgery was horrible and excessive because I had my gall bladder taken out too.
Thanks for the info I'm really happy. I had surgery Nov 20, 2012, starting weight was 296 my weight today is 245. I'm so happy and everything went great.
Hard to imagine that in a couple weeks my new life will begin ( October 25, 2012). My only hopes is to be successful. You look amazing!!!
Thanks babe, how's it going for you? Welcome to the Life of a Sleever!
Hi Tamika, first of all Luck Good, u will do fine, I also got the sleeve done, one of the best thing i did for my self, I was weighting 230 when i got it done, and down to 165lbs! its been two years since i got it done, haven't lost or gain in a year and a half, im very happy, as soon as i figure out how to post picture i will, good luck again!!
Thats awesome news! I bet you look sooooooooooo good!
Good luck Tamika!!

Good luck!! I am excited to hear how everything goes!

Hi Tamika, thanks so much for sharing your journey and videos with us! You must be getting excited for your surgery! Please keep us updated with your progress and good luck with everything.