Hello Everyone! My name is Ebony and I am...

Hello Everyone! My name is Ebony and I am embarking on a long but well worth it journey. After much research (years) I have decided to get the gastric sleeve. I am 28 years old and I weigh 382 lbs.

Honestly up until recently I really didn't think of myself as being that big until I actually saw a few pictures of myself and I was like Damn! What happened? How could you let yourself get to this point? Then I answered those questions, I know exactly what happened laziness, eating all the wrong foods, and just not caring about myself enough to make a change.

So in 2011 I gave birth to my first child, his name is Riley and I never knew that I could love someone as much as I love him. Let's fast forward well Riley is a very active 2 year old and I can barely keep up with, sometimes it brings tears to my eyes knowing that I can't be as active as I'd like with my son. This past February I had my gallbladder removed, and then I just found out that my hemoglobin A1C is elevated and I have an increased chance of getting diabetes, my knees hurt and I'm easily out of breath. I know having surgery isn't a quick fix and that it's only meant to assist you in your weight loss/healthy goal. That's why I am dedicated t o do what it takes to get healthy and get my weight back under control. I would love to walk into any store and be able to shop and not be limited on my selections, I would love to go on a run and possibly a marathon, I would love to be able to fit in a seat on the airplane and not have to ask for an extender or have the person in the next seat side eye me because my body fat is spilling over into their space, I would love to climb a flight of stairs and not feel like I'm about to die because I can barely breath, and most importantly I would love to run and play with my side without any restrictions and be able to keep up with him.

The time is now and I AM READY! With hard work and dedication I know I have this, I just have to strong even when I feel defeated.

So my consultation appoint is this upcoming Thursday with Peachtree Surgical Associates and I'm excited, this is the first step and the beginning of a journey and new outlook on life.

I will be uploading pictures and post of my progress and journey and I am excited to share my experience with the world.

I don't know how much this procedure is yet and will find out Thursday when I go for my consultation. Also I know my insurance pays 80% and I also have a secondary insurance which should pick up the additional cost so we'll see.

Hi there, welcome!

Good luck with your consultation, I hope it goes well and you like your doctor. My surgery is on September 25th, so I'm almost there. It's a hard process, but definitely worth it, to get our lives back!

Please do keep us updated with your progress.

Kirsty that is awesome! It'll be here in no time and I wish you the best of luck on your surgery and recovery. I'm excited to see your progress and transformation. Good Luck!

Picture

This is me on July 4th, 2013. I never take full body shots because I don't want to see myself so I did a half of body shot lol.

Hey Ebony, thanks so much! I'll definitely be updating my review regularly, so you'll get all of the (hopefully not gory) details! :-)

Shopping...Not so much!

Shopping for clothes really sucks because I can barely find clothes that I look nice in so I end up not buying anything at all. :-(

I wouldn't have guessed you were anything like as heavy as you are. I loved reading your review, you're 17 years younger than me and I wished I had done something about my weight sooner. Weight loss surgery is still quite rare and stigmatised here in the U.K and I always tried to diet, almost every day of the last 30 years, and I dieted myself up to over 300 pounds. What you said about Riley is so touching to me, Ebony he'll be the one who can't keep up with you! You don't look 28 and you're already very attractive, you have great skin, so once you are a good weight for you - well you'll be a Showstopper. I know that's not why you're doing it though. You have a great attitude and I'm going to be cheering you on all the way!
Hi Allie! Thank you so much! Allie you know it's never too late to improve our health. I was suppose to have this done a few years back but I didn't and I'm glad because I ended up having my son and gained a whopping 85 lbs. So let me ask you can you get the surgery in the UK or would it be difficult finding a surgeon to do it?

Gastric Sleeve Consultation

So this past Thursday September 12, 2013 I had my Gastric Sleeve consultation. It was pretty quick all they did was weighed me in and took my measurements and then I spoke with the Nurse Practioner and she explained the procedure and gave me the information packet as well as a check off list of everything I needed to have done. I do not have to have a supervised weight loss per my insurance. I have already scheduled my EKG, Nutritional Assessment, and PFT for September 27, my psych eval is this upcoming Friday September 20, and October 4 is my sleep study consult. I still have to actually have the sleep study, stress test, and EGD done. Also my insurance requires an essay of my weight loss efforts. Oh I've alreadt had all the required bloodwork so that's done. So I'll keep you guys updated on everything :-)

Disney World :-( Pictures

So I took my son to Disney World this past weekend and we took tons of pictures and I look horrible. I am just disgusted at how big I am but I am going to use this as motivation to compare when we go the next time after I've had surgery and lost all of my desired weight. Here's some pics..

Hey Ebony - VSG is the BEST option as far weight loss surgeries. I had my surgery last December (2012) and it has been the best decision of my life. I am no longer a slave to food. I can have a few bits of something an be satisfied.
Thank you I am definitely looking forward to it and can't wait for this change. I'm glad you are having such a positive experience from this surgery.

Psych Eval

So I went for my psych eval on Friday and it was cool nothing like I expected. Just a few questions and she wants to see me again. However after this second visit I'm not going back because I don't think it's necessary so I'm going to call my surgeons office and talk to them about it.

Hi Ebony , good luck on your journey. I had my consult lastweek also on September 19, I went in with the idea of getting the gastric sleeve but my surgeon recommended the Gastric bypass but said the decision is up to me. I became undecided after my appointment on which surgery. I have my pschological next week.

I also was initially supposed to have to bypass, but for me personally, I felt the risks outweighed the rewards. Especially when I can get very similar results from the sleeve. It all really depends on you though: how you feel about the surgeries, how much you weigh, how much you want to lose, if you have co-morbidities, etc.

Update on requirement process!

So I called my Patient Care Coordinator and asked did I have to see the psychologist for a second visit and she said no, to have her give her a call and she'd send her some paper work to fill out, my insurance company also verified it as well they said all I need was a claim on file stating that I went.

So here's a run-down of everything I have coming up.

Labs-Done
Psychology Clearance-Done
Nutritional Consult-9/27/2013
EKG-9/27/2013
Pulmonary Function Test (PFT)-10/4/2013
Stress Test-10/4/2013
Sleep Study Consult-10/4/2013

Things I have to do after that: My actual sleep study in which I won't know when it's scheduled until after the sleep consult. Personal Essay in which I'll be writing today or sometime this week before Friday, and lastly EGD in which they informed me that would be done prior to surgery so don't worry about it.

I definitely feel as though I am progressing which is awesome! Hopefully I can get this surgery done before the end of the year especially since I have met my deductible. So my fingers are crossed.

Another thing, this blogging is awesome! Hopefully, by me doing this it can help others no what to expect and look forward to although all situations are different they are still similar in many ways. I will definitely continue to update my profile because when I do finally have the surgery I can look back at this and say WOW that was me then and this is me now.

Just checking in, I think about you a lot, you're really progressing now aren't you? Is the sleep test anything to do with the insurance qualification, I know apnea can be a reason on some people's claims. The reason I ask is I'm in the UK and I'm wondering if they do it here. I have trouble sleeping anyway, how anyone can with wires etc, and in a strange environment I don't know.
Hey Allie, my insurance doesn't require the sleep study the doctor does and here in the states depending on which sleep testing center you go to, you can actually do your sleep study at home of you'd prefer. So ask if that's a possibility. They send you the equipment through the mail and the staff will walk you through it that night.

EKG and Nutrition Consult -DONE!!!

So this past Friday I had my appointment for my EKG and Nutrition Consult and those are done and good to go. This upcoming Friday, October 4th I will have my PFT (Pulmonary Function Test and Stress Done at the surgeons office and then after that I will be zooming over to the sleep study practice to have my consult for that, so this should be very interesting and BUSY! My EKG looked good and the nutrition consult gave me some great advice and tips as well as heads-up on things so I will keep you guys posted.

You will be busy on Friday! I'll be thinking of you!
Hello ..i just want to say congrats on ur decision and the progress u have made...like u i to made the decision to change my life and to reclaim what is mine.see i was headed for the wheelchair due to health issues by the time i am 45 ...i said no and here i am learning to be healthier ...i have a second chance. Ur a beautiful woman and the decision u made makes u even more beautiful bcuz ur strong and determined. Again congrats!
Hey Dawn! Thank you so much! Congrats to you as well for taking the necessary steps to become healthier and live a healthier life. Have you had the surgery or are you in the process of doing so?

Annoyed!

So I get a call from my bariatriac coordinator and she tells me that I need to schedule my stress test somewhere else because she forgot to tell me that the machine they use has a weight limit REALLY!!! I have been waiting on this appointment for over a month if you'd told me, I would have gone somewhere a long time ago. Now I have to see a cardiologist before I get my stress test done. I can't stand when people don't do their job. That was critical information that she shouldn't have forgotten. So now I go and see the cardiologist on October 11. Just when I thought things were going smoothly here comes a bump in the road! Then the psychologist that I'd seen for my psych eval acts like she's dumb as a box of rocks because I told her she needed to send her evaluation to my surgeons office and she's like I don't know what to put in it, can you see if they can give me an outline of what they want WTH! You said you had done this dozens of times and now you don't know what to do. She's already creepy as hell and she's getting on my last nerve. UGH! Dummy!

it will be fine just a little road block but there is always detours. I am getting the sleeve soon. My insurance needed me to do a 6 month weight supervision before they approve me im getting close im at month 5 and now all the questions is starting. but i also had to do all them appointment in the beginning just stay positive and get ready for a need you. GOOD LUCK stay strong.
Hey Tiff! Thank you for the words of encouragment ;) My mother and I are doing this journey together and she also has to do the 6 month supervised weightloss. I'm just ready for all these test to be done and over with.

Unexpected...

So I called my PCP and she sent a referral to the cardiologist so I would now have to have a consult and I would just have to have the stress test done only on October 11, 2013 super excited!

Wow, what a journey but i can tell you, its all worth it and for you to be in good health. Making this decision was the best for me as well. I had my surgery last year in march and i have lost 100 since then. Actually i lost that in less than a year! You have to follow the rules, exercise and eat right for it to work to its full potential. You will love your new body and spirit. The plane extension belt was a goal for me too along with crossing my legs and wearing high heels again. Good luck to you and you may contact me for support anytime
I feel your frustration Ebony, I went to my scheduled stress and cardiac clearance on yesterday and I could not get it because somone in the clinic sent my information late and they coded the insurance incorrectly so the company wanted $456 from me for something my insurances cover at 100%. So today I have made so many calls and forth with my insurance UHC and the clinic. So finally I have a new appointment next week.
Oh wow, I would have been mad. I have UHC too, I'm glad you got your new appointment. Hopefully they get it right t next time .

Officially Done...So I Hope :-!

So this past Friday October 4, I went for my PFT and come to find out I could do my stress test as well. I was happy and annoyed because I had my scrubs on and I couldn't move like I wanted to but I got through it and it only took 6 minutes and all I did was pedal on a bike, with the EKG leads hooked up to me and a pulse ox on my finger. Depending on your age and weight that's how they determine your stress test where I'll be having my surgery. So after those test were done I zoomed wayyy across Atlanta to my sleep study consult and ended up getting my take home equipment that day because my insurance doesn't pay for me to do it at the onsite facility which is great because I didn't want to do it there anyway. So they explained to me what to do and I took it home. Later that night I got prepared, took a nice relaxing bath, fresh sheets, and got super comfy, oh and I stopped drinking fluids early. So I got all hooked up and went to bed, it wasn't bad the equipment wasn't uncomfortable at all and I slept great. I did get up once to use the bathroom but went right back to sleep. So Monday I have to bring it back so they can look at it. Hopefully everything is good with the tests and the psychologist get her evaluation submitted so my coordinator can get the packet together and submit it to insurance. My hopes and prayers is that I can have it done before the end of the year. Fingers Crossed!!!

Hey I'm so looking forward to everything. I as well wany to wear heels and get on a plane without having to worry about that as well. I will definitely keep in contact with you. Thank you so much!
Hey Dawn, had my sleeve on Oct 1st...what stage are you on food (soft)?? Trying to keep it together with this liquid!!! Although I did have doubt at first but thankful now I went thru with it... Ebony stick with it I had "roadblocks" as well...

Ticker Countdown

[url=http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com][img]http://www.verticalsleevetalk.com/tickers/70167-luvinmyself04/bodyweight.png?

Psych Eval Submitted

So I finally have my psych eval she emailed it to us yesterday however she had my date of birth incorrect but I corrected it and re-sent it to my coordinator. Now I'm going to fax it to her and the office just to cover all areas. I like to be safe than sorry.

Hey Ebony, do you have a date for surgery yet, or do you have to wait for all of your clearances to come back?

Hi Kirsty! I just spoke to my coordinator and she asked me what all I had done. I told her everything and she checked the system and said that all the test hadn't been uploaded yet so hopefully here within the next week everything will be in the system. I'm so praying that I can have my surgery before the end of the year because I have already met my deductible.

Prepping and getting mentally prepared....

So I went to Sams Club and bought done protein shakes and bars. The protein shakes I bought are Premier Protein they had awesome reviews and are being consumed by tons of weight loss surgery patients. I like this brand because it has 30 grams of protein, 1 gram of sugar and I bought the chocolate and vanilla along with the bars basically to get myself in the habit of eating better so I'll have one shack for breakfast, one bar for snack, another shake for lunch and another bar for snack and eat a regular meal for dinner. Or I'll switch it up and rotate so it won't get boring.

I'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed for 2013 surgery, there is no reason to wait once you've got everything cleared, that would only demotivated you. You've done so well, thanks for keeping us all in the loop so well too.

Submitting to Insurance for Pre-Approval!

So yesterday I called my bariatric coordinator because I like to stay on top of them and make sure they're doing everything they are suppose to be doing. So I wanted to go over everything that she has for me and see if she had all of my results in and the only thing they didn't have in was my sleep study results and they hadn't uploaded the PFT and Stress test which was done in the bariatric office. Well while doing so she informed me that I had all of the insurance company requirements complete and that she would go ahead and submit it for pre-authorization. While on one hand I'm happy and another I'm nervous as heck! Because you never know what may happen so I am praying, praying and maintaining my faith that it's approved because I really need this surgery!

Praying with you..
Thank you!!

Irritated...

So I called the sleep study facility for my results and they told me I had sever sleep apnea. I don't have no damn sleep apnea and said before she could clear me I would have to where a APAP machine for a week and then I have to wait 9 days for my insurance to approve it. If it's not one thing it's another, honestly at this point I want to just say forget it. I'm trying to have this surgery before the 1st of the years because my deductible is already paid but it does'nt look like that's going to happen. So I go to pick up the machine on Nov. 4th and they said they would remotely get the results from it instead of me bringing it in. Talking about I need to show compliance. IM DONE!

girl u sound like me. if its not one thing its something else and on my review i stated i was wishing for a 2013 surgery. The process can be frustrating but im sure it will all work out in the end. Rember the saying good things come to those who wait.
Thanks Tiff! Girl it's always something, then I see people flying through the process and they started after me. I thought I was done and then this happened lol ugh!!!!!

My Loves and My Motivation

This is my husband and son.

Im making an appointment to see a doc about getting surgery, what is the estimated time ,how long does it usually take?? I mean to finally gt procedure?
Ok I guess everybody experience different me and my friend start together actually I had my appointment first but she has gotten her surgery in September I'm like wow! But again everyone is different but we have to stay hopeful and calm.

Quick Update

So they have submitted the pre-verification for the APAP machine and said it should take 9 days and on November 4th I go to pick up the machine.

So here's a picture of me.

Pictures

Thinking of you!
Keeping you in my prayers and hoping that all of the tests, paper work and policies are worked out in time for your pre-new year procedure. I am scheduled to have mine done November 4th. Admittedly, I am a bit anxious. There are so many details to the recovery process. I only hope I can get them straight in order to help myself heal and lose weight as effectively as possible. But then am so hopeful for the new life all of it will bring, I know it will all come together and be worth it. Will look to follow your story and your future success. Good luck!
Thank you! How exciting your surgery is around the corner, I wish you the best and good luck! Keep us posted!

Glory to God!!! Woot Woot!!!

Guess who got APPROVED for surgery by the insurance company....this girl right here!!!! Super excited I could cry, I remained positive and maintained my faith and it work out in my favor thank you JESUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey! Did you have to find your own psychiatrist and nutritionist?
Congrats Ebony...So happy for your news...
Thank you!!!

APAP Machine

So I went to pick up my APAP machine yesterday and used it for the first time last night and it wasn't too bad at all. I slept really good and it didn't bother me at all. I thought it would be a struggle to get use to but it wasn't. Thank goodness! My family was joking around saying I had a trunk like an elephant after I put the head gear on to show them, they think they're comedians but they're NOT!!

Pic

Hey, psychiatrist yes, nutritionist no my doctor had everything in his office but a psychiatrist.
Thanks!

The waiting game....

So I used my APAP machine for the week to show compliance and I emailed them to make sure the received the data properly and they did, I then got a call saying that the doctor wrote my clearance letter. I immediately called my bariatric coordinator to let her know and she received the fax so now she has to submit it for review and that's all I'm waiting for. Hopefully they'll call me with a surgery date!! Fingers Crossed!!!

I like your blogs, they are letting me know what I'm in for. I'm about the same size as you so knowing what your going through is helping. Don't ya hate people who don't tell you about weight limits. I had to wait 3 weeks for a dentist appointment only to get there and for them to tell me I'm too big. It sounds like things are going great for you atm. It's good you have such a good support system and your son is gorgeous.
Thank you so much! yes I was super annoyed with them not telling me about the weight limit, I knew there was one for certain machines because I work in healthcare however you would think because it's a bariatric surgery facility that they would have a machine that goes pass 300 lbs.I'm so glad that I could help you in any way. I know starting this journey I didn't see too many blogs or post who got down and detail so that's was my main goal of doing this so others can know sort of what to expect (I know everyone's journey is different) as well as for me to be able to look back after I've reached my goal weight and say WOW! Look how far I've come. So I'm excited and nervous about this journey.

And Waiting.....

So I thought I'd write a quick update, I'm still waiting to hear back from my bariatric coordinator. Last Monday the 11th she submitted my folder which included all of my test results and clearances to the Nurse Practioner for review so I think today I'm going to call her and follow-up I really need this surgery done before the year is up. I'm praying and keeping my faith that it's possible. I haven't heard anything from them at all. It's like COME ON ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm so anxious right now.

Hey My doctor submitted my folder in on 11-12-13. so which means 11-13 and he told me it will take 2-3 weeks but he stated that i can get a date as soon as the week before xmas or after if everything is approved so im sure your will be soon seeing that your process has been going really quick. Question are you getting cold feet. At times I be having a bitter sweet moment. Well I have my fingers crossed for you.
I am very nervous, every thought possible is going through my head, what if I can't do this? And working in the medical field doesn't help because I know the complications and risks. I'm hoping they call this week. I'm so nervous. Good luck with yours!

Woot Woot!

So i just got the call from my bariatric coordinator and she said hat the bariatric board has signed off on my chart. Now she said some lady would be calling me with my EGD date, Surgery date and pre-op instructions. I'm guessing I won't be hearing from her until probably next week since today is Friday but then again hopefully I hear from her next week before the holidays. I'm praying for it!

Hey Ebony I'm so glad to hear abt ur journey..u did an awesome job with detailing everything...and ur right u hv to be persistent abt this cause no one else will do it for u...I'm so excited for u as I know others were excited for me too...u r a beautiful woman no.matter what...definitely keep us posted as soon as u get ur date...I was just actually sleeved on Nov 20th and I went home on the 22nd and I hv been pain free since I've left the hospital....I wld love to keep in touch with u during and following ur surgery
Hi! Thank you, I will definitely keep you guys posted on everything. I am so glad to hear you are doing well and pain free, I hope that's me. i would definitely like to keep in touch as well!

And Waiting......

So here it is Tuesday 11/26/2013 and I still have yet to hear anything from Myra whom schedules all the patients for the bariatric surgery. UGH!!! I really need for them to CHOP CHOP!!!! I am so impatient especially with this because I really need for my surgery to be performed this year....I'm praying and remaining faithful I don't think I'll get the call this week especially with the holiday and next week is December. :-(

This is unacceptable call the office supervisor you should have a surgery date by now! You were approved a month ago...I received my date the same day of my approval! I'm rooting for you on your healthy journey I can't wait to see your pics!!!

I GOT MY SURGERY DATE!

Just got the call my surgery is December 11, 2013! I'm so excited I'm shaking right now. My pre-op is December 6 and my EGD is December 9. So, so excited! Just after I wrote the previous post I got the call, God was teaching me a lesson of being patient. lol

Yay I'm glad you got the call you are one day after me!!
Thank you! I know you're excited!!!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!!

Although I know many of you can't eat or can't eat the foods you use to I want to say have a Happy Thanksgiving. The most important thing is to be thankful for the things you have and family and friends.

I am so happy for you .I have mind on 12-05-2013. I need it for my self & my kids I was 341 on my two week liquid no I am 322 now . I have been going back in fw going to get it done not going to get it done I think it's the pain but I can got my self together.keep me in your prayers. In box me on vBulletin or e-mail me thomasgodinme@yahoo.com
That's awesome! you have a little over one day until your surgery! I am happy for you. I started my high protein diet yesterday. The good thing with my surgery is you can drink protein shakes and eat food high in protein I call it eating lean and green. Good Luck and keep us updated. My email is ebony_g3@yahoo.com

High Protein Diet

So yesterday I started my Pre-op Lean and Green liver shrinking diet. I drink protein shakes and eat foods high in protein and veggies.

So how's it going...this honestly is the easy part. ..the struggle begins after the surgery..I'm struggling with eating yogurt, pudding & soup everyday...ao I'm waiting til I can start on my soft foods!!!
so hows the pain! are you able to move around and or go back to work yet? So how much are u eating and drinking? I have no date yet but im getting nervous not sure y because i want this done alot. well congrats
It's going good so far, but not being able to eat what I would normally eat is a bit tough but it's definitely preparing me for what's to come after surgery and I pretty much still have it good being that I can eat meats and veggies and a couple of protein shakes.

Support Group!

Hey! To anyone on Facebook I want to invite you to join the Gastric Sleeve Support Group we are 5,000+ members strong and very informational. Feel free to ask questions, share your experience, give advice, get recipe tips and a host of other things. I absolutely love this group it's very active and I think you'll enjoy it also.

Almost there girlie can't wait to hear how it goes...we are a day a part so make sure you let us know how you feel.
You're one day before me, I can't wait to hear about your experience and successes to come!
This time last year, I was getting ready for surgery as well! You'll do fine. Also, if you want to switch up your liquids try making your own egg noddle soup, just boil some chicken broth in a pot of water and while its boiling crack an egg in there.

Pre- OP Class, EGD, and Liquid Diet Day 2

So this is day two of my liquid diet, I only have to do two days my surgery is TOMORROW!!!!! and it is a bit difficult because I am really hungry and I have dry mouth but I'm still pushing through!

Okay so o Friday December 6, 2013 I had my pre-op class and all we did is fill out a bunch of paper work, meet with the doc, get blood work, and weight and they talked to us about what to expect, diet, excercise etc. Okay so this past weekend I made sure I ate any and everything I wanted because I knew I wouldn't be able to do that anymore. So yesterday December 9 I had my EGD done and they started an IV to give me fluids, took me back and sedated me, and when I woke up I was back in recovery the EGD only took about 3-5 minutes, however they really hurt my freakin mouth, they almost took a chunk of skin out idiots! The doctor said everything looked good so just waiting on tomorrow. I'm nervous, and anxious slightly. I wanted to update my post just incase I don't get a chance to tomorrow.

ok wait. what hurted your mouth??? and how long do the sedate you for!!
I don't know what they did but, it literally looked like a chunk of skin could be removed and today there's a bunch of pus blisters inside my lip. I was sedated for I think 10 minutes, I don't remember anything because you're knocked out.

Well it's Official....

My surgery is tomorrow at 8:30 AM (12/11/2013) they just called I'm super nervous and excited! I'll try to update as soon as I'm feeling up to it, hopefully I remember but I know they'll be a lot going on so I don't know!

Good luck! Keep us posted. I'm next!
Congrats I read ur story and it funny I started my.journey around the sametime . I had let struggle but my hats off to u.for sticking with it that process can be frustrating. I was sleeved last Thursday. And I'm feeling good keep me posted
Well the wait is over! Tell your mind to chill out so you can get some rest... Good luck and your in my prayers and thoughts and I'm sure u will let us know the details when u feel up to it. Well congrats and best wishes on the new healthy u!!

And off I go....

Well everyone the day has arrived and I'm off tothe surgery center, I will try to update later on today depending on how I feel, I want to thank everyone for they're encouraging words. Please keep me in your prayers.

Pls keep us posted..God has stationed His Angels around ur bed so ur is His care...all will be well when u wake up...pls update us as soon as ur feeling well enough...

I'm here!!!

Just a couple of .pics

Can't wait to see u on the other side...lol
Many blessings...
I know you did fine today. Congrats to you. I know right now you're tired but when you feel up to it, plz tell me about your experience. My surgery is next Wednesday December 18th 2013. Again, i'm so happy for you. Sending. You many blessings.

I made it!!

So everything hasn't been peaches and cream. I honestly don't remember anything about the surgery because they knocked me out as soon as I got in there. I woke up in recovery and could barely keep my eyes open. I was super tired and weak! It was freezing in there and I was ready to go home! Ready to be in my warm and cozy housr. Last night was rough, a lot of nausea and vomitting. The pain is under control though. I've been popping gas strips like there's no tomorrow. My family had taking very good care of me. I'm just now feeling a little better. I'd say about 30%, somethings better than nothing. Thank you all for your prayers and encouraging words, I appreciate it! I'm about to take my antibiotic and take a nap. I'm exhausted.

That was an amazing post. I would love to know how you are feeling now.
Glad to hear you are home and being well taken care of!
Awwww, I kept checking on your page to see if had posted. I'm so happy that everything turned out well for you. Many blessings.

Hey y'all!

Friday was my two day post op appointment and they just removed my bandages and left the steri strips. I took a shower on Saturday and felt a little better. But this exhaustion is kicking my butt! I'm no longer taking pain medicine or the gas strips. I'm drinking my water and apple juice only since surgery and I'm going to try and incorporate some other things today. I'm walking not as much as I thought I would because I'm a little weak of course. I had a bm post op day two. Its been tough I'm not going to lie. I find myself thinking what did I do? was it worth it? But only time will tell. I sleep so much its ridiculous, I never slept this much when I was pregnant :-) I'm going to stay strong and keep my eye on the prize. Thank you all for checking on me, I appreciate it more than you know. I'll keep you posted.

Hi are you doing Livingston04 just see if you are doing good let me know how things are going for u .Have a bless DAY.
Hey Eb how are you doing?? just checking on you!! hope all is well happy holidays!!!
wow i thought i was the only one suffering from fatigue! it is rough but my thoughts are if you're tired then sleep it allows your body to heal. How long were you in the hospital? Did you have to drink the magnesium citrate to clear your bowels before surgery?

Quick Update...

So honestly, I've been regretting my decision of getting the sleeve only because I can't eat what I want lol. I know it won't last long but I seriously want a bacon cheeseburger, some Chinese, a whopper something. So this past week has had it's ups and downs, sometimes I'll stand up and get really light headed, ears ringing, especially when I shower. Next I've been suffering from insomnia, like I can only sleep for a few hours never in my life have I been like that. Another thing and this might be a tmi but I'm here to tell you like it is my urine has always been clear like water because I drink tons of water after surgery it's been nasty looking yuck! I have not weighed myself since surgery. Other than that I've been getting fluids in well, I've also had chicken noodle soup, and today I'll be making some chicken chili, I've also had a little tilapia and mashed potatoes and when I say a tiny a mean just that. I've been walking and that's about it. I'll update as soon as I weigh myself. Have a great day.

Merry Christmas to ever one & a Happy New year.Have a bless year.
I did that to like what have I done to my self but I get oven it in think how go I will look after loss 130lb in you have to say this food get me here so I do not need it that s what help me try it. I loss 40Lb. How do u get your water down I can not get all my water down I need help.

Hey Y'all!

I know it's been a while since I've updated but honestly I have been just enjoying my time off of work, spending time with family and adjusting to my new lifestyle. So let me give you guys a quick update so as of today I am 350 pounds, my start weight was 382 pounds I had surgery on December 11th. I took a month off of work and I returned to work yesterday, I'm a nurse so I see patients all day in which I was nervous that I might get tired and I have to say I didn't I did get sleepy after lunch but that's because I'd gotten use to taking a nap around 1PM lol and since I was at work I couldn't do that.

So let me give you guys a little insight to how I'm feeling. Well I feel great, I feel as if I'm back to normal especially since I'm back to work now. I walk everyday, I eat breakfast, lunch, and dinner with snacks in between. Now as far as the protein shakes they make me sick so I have been trying to get my protein in through food, in which my doctor said that's fine. I am almost 4 weeks out and I am on regular foods.

So I joined MyFitnessPal to keep track of my calories and weight. So this morning I woke up and immediately started drinking my water, I ate one piece of bacon, 8 almonds, 5 red seedless grapes and that was over a 2 hr. period as well as drunk water and that was 111 calories, my daily calorie intake is 500 since I am unable to exercise and I'm just walking I want to make sure I'm not consuming to many calories. Week 6 I'll be cleared to really exercise, work on my core muscles and just tighten up this skin as well as water aerobics. For lunch today I'm not sure what I'll have but I'm definitely going to keep it light! So maybe some soup or a chicken breast or we may have a catered lunch at work who knows! I'll definitely keep you guys posted on what I'm eating.

I'm trying to think of anything else I need to tell you guys.......Tick Tock Tick Tock lol!

Important I drink water all day and I'm going to post a picture of how much water I consume, now this is only at work not including what I consume at home, I'm going to post a before picture and after picture after I've drunk them all lol. I don't drink any sugary drinks at all, no high fat foods, and honestly this morning when I ate breakfast even though it was spread out over 2 hours that little bit of food was actually too much for me. I could fill it after I ate that last grape lol.

So that is it for right now...Oh the grapes and almonds that I had for breakfast I will be using those as my snacks throughout the day. Have a great day guys! I'm going to try and get better at posting and updating you guys on my progress. So I just checked my family doctors website and the weight they had for me prior to surgery was 383.6 today my weight is 350.0 which equals a total weightloss of 33.6 lbs.

Snacks and Water

Yes I'm going to post one.
So do u have any pics of yourself with ur current weight loss...

Hey Y'all!

So I weight myself every Monday and since last Monday the 6th I have lost 9 lbs.which gives me a total weight loss of 42.6 lbs since surgery on December 11th! I'd been stalled for a little over a week and then BAM! 9lbs. down!

Pic

Face before surgery and face last week.

Update Labs

I am happy to report that my Hemoglobin A1c went from a 6.3 borderline diabetic stage to a 5.7 within a months time. I'm pretty sure here in the next few months or less it'll be completely normal.

Congratultions!! Its been nice to read you review keep it up!!!

Before and After

This is what a 50 lb. Weight loss looks like. Woot Woot!!!!

You are doing great..congrats

Good Morning! Weekly Weigh-IN

So here's a quick update. I just did my Monday weekly weigh-in and I now weigh 341.3 lbs. my starting weight was 387 lbs. surgery was December 11, 2013.

Okay so I had been extremely exhausted and tired so I had a co-worker draw my blood and I found that my iron was critically low and my Vitamin D was 8 also I had a really bad UTI. So I went to my family physician and she put me on 50, 000 units of Vitamin D 1x weekly for 4 weeks and then we'll check it again and let me tell you after just one dose I feel better. She also prescribed me an antibiotic for my UTI and I switched my multivitamin to prenatal pills because they have everything in them that I need and I don't have to take several medications a day (Womens One A Day). So besides that I'm doing well. Sometimes I have to remind myself to eat because I don't really feel hungry. I also found that I don't enjoy eating as I once did and honestly I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing after about 2 bites I'm done.

I'm really trying to keep up with this blogging/updating thing because I don't want to be one of those ones who start out reviewing prior to surgery and after surgery they no longer update. That's the whole point of doing this so you can help others out and try and let them know what they may expect and of course we're all different but it'll definitely help someone out. So I'm going to continue to update and post pictures as much as I can.

Right now I'm on regular foods, I had a spicy chicken wrap from Wendy's minus the tortilla and it was really good I at the entire half chicken breast with nothing else and I was full and satisfied. I pretty much only eat chicken breast. I made some ground turkey tacos and ate them with the multi grain wheat scoops and that was really good. I've eaten tilapia that I bake season with old bay and pepper add some onions and that was delicious. I've had shrimp (spicy) that was really good. I only get ,my protein in through food I don't drink protein shakes because they make me sick and I'm not about to continue to waste money on them and then I can't drink them not happening.

Congrats...I am a nervous wreck but your picture just helped me alot thanks and keep up the good work
Thank you! Why are you nervous Tiff?

Snacks for Work

Grapes, water, apple slices, peanut butter oat meal bat.

Fingers getting smaller

Ring adjuster needed

Surprise For Hubby....

My husband has been so supportive of me through everything, from day one so I wanted to do something for him. Romantic evening and I hired a personal chef. I just want him to know that I appreciate him.

You look great keep up the good work! I had surgery the day after you doing well I haven't lost as much as you currently at about 30pds down. I recently have been having some problems with constipation so I'm waiting for my next apt to disgust with my doctor. Again keep up the good work and keep posting your an encouragement to us all.
Hi! Thank you so much for your kind words, 30 pounds is a huge accomplishment! For constipation I took some stool softeners (Colace) and milk of magnesia to help with that and it went away that day! Again thank you and keep up the good work!!!

Weigh-In

So yesterday was my weekly weigh-in and I only lost 2 lbs. last week but I totally know why. I kind of had a slip up and ate a few chips and a couple of cookies last week also I wasn't getting my water in as I should have. However I am not going to beat myself up about this is a new week and new day and I'm jumping back on the band wagon. 2 lbs. is more than I would've lost had I not had surgery and also I look at it like I would have normally eaten the entire bag of chips or had 5 cookies and a glass of whole milk but I didn't. So hopefully this week I have a little bit more weight loss maybe 5 lbs. I'm hoping.

I'll also be updating you guys on the protein drinks and smoothies I make myself no store bought for me because I can't tolerate them at all and it's better knowing what I'm putting in my body.

Please join RealSelf or sign in.

Protein Smoothies and Snacks..

Stay encouraged girl!!!!

Quick Update!

So yesterday I bought new scrubs I am now a 2X before surgery I was wearing a 4X. I'm super excited! My goal is to be an Extra Large by summer.

I'm so happy for you! Buying a 2X is exciting and a XL will be even better by summer I can't wait to see you!!!

Quick Update

All is going well I'm still learning and adjusting to my new lifestyle and still maintaining a steady weight loss of an average 3-4lbs per week. I'm pretty happy with that.

Hey ! interesting story! I'm in kennesaw ga right down the street from atlanta and I had survey december 18th.
Hey! How is everything going so far? I know it can be a bit challenging making this big of a life change.

Hey Everyone!!!

So I know it has been a little bit since I last updated. However I will say this things are going GREAT!!! so my last update I let you guys know I was losing between 3-4 lbs. a week so since then it has been between 5-7lbs. these past few weeks have been great I have cut back on my eating a little and increased my water intake. I have to say I was honestly snacking on chips y'all (I know, I know) bad girl. But I needed something different than and I actually enjoyed those chips too. But now that it's out of my system I'm back to eating my protein bars, fruit, and eating my lean and green meals in which I never stopped doing that I just incorporated the chips with it. So this week 3/3/2014 I plan on losing another 5-7 lbs. which means I will be very strict with my eating and going hard with working out. I really need to increase my strength training to tighten my skin. Honestly despite the fact that I can't eat certain foods or drinks as I use too, this was the best decision I have made yet. I feel so much better being over 70 lbs. lighter in less than 3 months. My knees aren't hurting anymore my clothes are so much looser, I have to buy smaller clothes, I no longer have to by wide shoes, I'm not as out of breath as I normally would be, my hair has grown from the increased water and vitamins and just eating healthy, my skin has a beautiful glow, I no longer crave or want fried foods or fast food. It's an overall great feeling. My doctor said that I am exceeding his expectations. My short term goal is to get under 300 lbs. which I am almost there and to lose 100 lbs. by summer.

Even your shoe size has changed, how cool is that!
I know Allie so excited!

Starting Weight

So my starting weight was 387 lbs. today I am officially 316.6 lbs that equals a total weight loss of 70.4 lbs. My surgery was December 11th 2013. I am 16.6 lbs away from being out of the 300's I haven't seen that in 10 plus years y'all my goal is to be under 300 lbs. by April 1st. I am about to go hard in the gym and eat 100 % right in order to achieve this small goal. After that small goal is completed my next small goal is to be down 100 lbs. by summer and 150 lbs. by fall. Y'all don't know how happy I am.

Ur doing such a great job ur my inspiration.... do u hv any recent pics
Thank you, I'll be posting some soon. I have a few before and afters a well as some I took to show how big my pants are on me now that I'm to share.

Update

Weighed myself yesterday for my nutritionist and I was 314 lbs. That's 73 lbs. Down since December 11th..299 here I come. I think I'm going to cry when I make it out of the 3's. My goal size is a 10 and I think I'll be good with that. I don't want to be too skinny honestly. I love my curves but I also don't want to be obese anymore.

Thank you so much! I'm not going to say oh you should get the surgery because it's not for everyone. However I honestly think it's a great tool for weight loss if you're willing to put in the hard work. There are going to be some people who are totally against Bariatric surgery and tell you not to do it. But answer this: Have they had any weight issues? Can they relate to your everyday struggle? Do they have to live in your body and battle those daily struggles we as over weight people face? This is your life and you do what you feel is necessary. My mom is 45 and she was 270 lbs. 5'3 and we had our surgery one week apart from each other and she's lost about 40lbs.

Update

Just weighed myself and I am 311 lbs. I am 11 pounds from being under 300.

Wow! You just go girl!!!!! You are doing the damn thing, so happy for you keep up the great work! And keep posting to keep us all encouraged.
Thank you so much, I'm trying to make the most out of this sleeve. LOL

3 Month Surgiversary!!!

Today is my 3 month surgiversary and I am down a total of 76 lbs. since surgery December 11th, 2013. I have not weighed myself this week because my monthly started and I know that affects my weight while it's here so I'm going to wait until it's gone and then I'll update you guys. 11 pounds away from my short term goal of being under 300 pounds WOOT WOOT!!!!!

Yay!!! Wow - can't believe it's already been three months! How are you feeling? Do you constantly check the contents of your food (calories, carbs, sugar)? That's where I'm at now - trying to slim down as much as possible before the surgery in July. I'm so happy for you!
Im at my wits in! Finding this page was a life saver. Im over 225 i know that. Not sure how much i weigh. Ive been meal prepping. I walk a couple times a week. I just want the weight off most days im too tired to so anything i ztay upstairs after work. I no longer go to my kids games or practices. Both my grandmother and mom have diabetes! My friend had the sleeve done and at first i was like no way. But ive spent about $700 on trainers and gym memberships to only go maybe 3 x's . So i vowed never to do that again. Ive tried weightloss supplements nothing stuck. The only thing i keep up with is my eating right but i only lose about 10lbs. I try to jog my shins hurt and i have to wear 2 knee braces. I feel like crap i dont have insurance but ill pay for the surgery. Thank you for the updates i feel a little better now!
Congrats! I'm almost 3weeks post op, long ways to go.

Lab Results

So I am proud to say that my Hemoglobin A1c has gone from a 6.4 in December to a 5.7 in January and as of March it's back in the normal range of 5.6. I'm excited!! That was the only lab besides the Vitamin D that was abnormal but my doctor has me on 50,000 units of Vitamin x1 week and it has gone from an 8 to 19 so I still have a ways to go but I know within the next couple of months it'll get there.

I know it has flown by, I definitely check everything on the label and like I said I have my cheat days but I never go over board. I don't even look at food the same anymore, I actually find grocery shopping miserable now because a lot of foods I can't eat. But trust you'll get there and I can't wait to read about your journey.
Hey Misses! Please don't be discouraged even with my weight topping at 387 lbs. I still tried to keep my spirits up because I have a son and a husband but I'm just a happy out going person all around. Even though some days I would just be miserable with the fact I couldn't fit clothes, my knees hurt and my neck had disappeared LMAO!!! Seriously!!!! But I knew it was time to make a change when like I said we went to Disney World and my A1c was 6.4 and I was almost a diabetic. That's when I then went back to researching and taking all the steps to prepare for this surgery. I know in my heart that I couldn't have done it without the surgery I literally tried everything. The first step I would say is to weigh yourself and see where you are, secondly get some lab work to check your cholesterol and you sugar because it seems as if diabetes runs in your family also check your thyroid to see if that may be an issue with you not losing weight. Another thing I'd like to mention since you don't have health insurance is to check into going to Mexico I know that may sound crazy but I know tons of people who have done and has had Awesome experiences and it only cost then $4-5,000 including EVERYTHING! It's too expensive here in the US. Just don't give up on yourself! I know how you feel trust me and even though we don't know each other we're in this together. If you ever need someone to talk to feel free to inbox me about any questions you may have because remember just 3 months ago i was in your shoes!

76 lbs. Down Before & After

Before & After Pic

Girl, you look like a brand new person! How many dress sizes have you dropped?
Girl yesterday I wore a 18-20 I almost fell out. Lol

Guess who wears a 18-20???

This girl right here! Starting size 28-30 pushing a 32 depending on the brand.

Outstanding!!! Size 18-20 :-D Congratulations Girl!!
Thank you!!

Something I've realized.....

It's funny how no regardless of how much weight I've loss it still hasn't registered to me that I actually have. When I'm in the store shopping I still find myself picking up 28-30 and trying them on in the store lol. It wasn't until the lady in the store said to me sweetie I think you're about an 18-20 and then I said oh I forgot I have gone down in sizes. I definitely think it's going to take sometime for me to process it all. I am so grateful for this opportunity. I just thought I'd share that with y'all

Look at you!!! You were always gorgeous but now you look absolutely stunning, the body is fitting the face lol. 18-20, that's amazing, the top you have on for bowling is very cute. I'm really happy for you Ebony, you've been an inspiration throughout. No worries about keeping up with your little guy now!
Thank you Allie! You're so sweet! !!

Woot Woot! Stall Gone!

So I reported a couple of weeks back I was 311 and hadn't lost anything in a couple of weeks well I put some pants on this morning and I am officially 306 I have lost 80 on the head since surgery December 11th. I'm so excited!!!!

My loves.....

My familia...

80 lbs! We all are so proud of you! Thank you for being an inspiration for us and posting your progress :-D
Thank you so much! I love posting on here and knowing that I'm inspiring someone that's why I do it!

Ordered a Protein box from Star Bucks

13 Grams of Protein

OMG!!!!!!! Other than he Bible I have not rad any thing this good in a long long long time!!!! I love how you have shared your self with us I am going to share this with my sisters who are my teamlosingit!!!!!!! I read your entire post series tonight. I am just beginning my journey and I have been so encouraged!!!!!! Lov lov lov your honesty and strength!!!!! Thank you for sharing. I hope to be able o share as you have soon!!!!! Losingit
Riley is sooooo gorgeous. But then with a beautiful Mummy and a handsome Daddy he would be! You're doing so well, it makes me so happy for you.
Thank you Allie!! You're so sweet!

Good Morning

Okay y'all so I think I must be at some sort of stand still because of course I didn't reach my goal of getting to 299 by April 1st however I just weighed myself and I am 304 so it must be catching up with my. Four more pounds and I will be at my goal (short term) which is to be under 300 lbs. I will definitely keep you guys posted I'm hoping I can lose those 4 lbs this week lol.

Let me start by saying you look amazing thank you so much for this, I've been looking for something that is not making me have seconds thoughts. I'm am 29 years old 5'2 348 pounds , I have been this way most of my life but I am having my surgery done on May 20. I wasn't sure if I wanted the sleeve are the full bypass but your story inspires me not to worry. Thank you so much and please keep us up to date!!
Hi! I am so glad that I could help you in some way. Honestly the sleeve was the best choice for me. I had my second thoughts as well but I said hell I won't know until I try and boy am I glad I did. Good luck with your journey I know you'll do fantastic! Happy Easter!

Happy Easter Everyone

Hope you guys enjoy your holiday in about to get to cooking. We're having lots of family and friends over so they'll all be hungry and I'll even have a little as well I'm actually going to splurge a little and feel no regret. Lol

Happy Easter- wow, more than 80 pounds!! You're doing GREAT!

I finally broke my stall!

So today I went out on a limb and weighed myself and I have lost two pounds which being me to 302 lbs. I so can't wait to be under 300 lbs. So that brings my total weight loss since December 11, 2013 to a total of 85.4 lb weight loss I went from a 60.7 BMI to a 47.3 BMI as of today! I'm super happy!

wow! thats amazing!! gurllll keeep up the good work!
Good job!!!! I'm so proud of you!!! You're so close to your goal!

Out tonight with my love....

Dinner and a movie

I'm starting the surgery process. Went to info session and weighed in at 318. It's time for a change and I need the surgery to help me. I'm 31 and want to start living my life. Thank you so much for sharing your experience
Hi! Good luck and I wish you much success on your journey I remember just last September I was were you were and now I'm finally working on my weight loss and succeeding. It'll be no time before you get a surgery date. Keep us posted.

OMG!!!!!! IF Y'ALL COULD HEAR ME SCREAMING! !!

I am officially under 300 lbs. As of today I weigh 297.4 lbs!!!! I literally want to cry I haven't been under 300 lbs. Since high school. I have reached my short term goal of being under 300. Love my sleeve!

That's amazing. I could burst I'm so pleased for you, I can't wait for it to be me telling you how well I'm doing. Fingers crossed. Ebony, you're gorgeous!
Thank you Allie! Your day will be here before you know it and I can't wait!!!!

A little shopping....

So I don't want to buy new clothes but I need some so shopping it is. I'm down 90 lbs since surgery December 11th. My pants size is 24 and my top is 18-20. My starting size was a 30. Shopping courtesy of my mom ;-)

Congratulations! I just read your entire journey and am soooo stoked for you!!! WOOO HOOO!!!!
P.S. Would LOVE to see more before and afters! So inspiring!

Before & After Pics

90 lbs. Down

SERIOUSLY! We are LOVIN' the new pics! You like AMAAYYYYY-ZING!! Congratulations!!
I just saw your updated I Pics and you look great!!! Inspiring..
Thank you so much!

Hello Everyone!

http://www.realself.com/blog/moms-groove-back-before-and-after-makeover-photos#.U24iF9MpDFq would love for you guys to check me out in the featured Mothers Day blog post by Real Self. Here's the link

Happy Mother's Day

Just took the pic with the pink shirt today. Size 18-20 top and 24 bottoms. 95lb. Weight loss surgery December 11th.

Happy Mother's

Before and After

Happy Mother's Day!!! Looking fab, lady!
Thank you! Happy Mother's Day to you too if you are a mom.

Mother's Day Blog Post Feature

Hello Everyone!

I just wanted to post that I was feature in Real Self's Mother's Day Makeover Blog, I would love for you guys to check it out!

Here's the link: http://www.realself.com/blog/moms-groove-back-before-and-after-makeover-photos#.U3IdVXa0PUt

Working Out and Tightening Skin

So started today I will be posting my work out routines as well as some videos of the work outs that I do to tone and tighten my skin. I know that I myself was not use to working out prior to surgery but now that I am I can share some of my routines with you guys in hopes to help someone else out who may not know where to start. Initially I started off walking and then I eased myself into strength training and toning.

So I'll be posting periodically...

Awesome!!

I love the new me....

My face has gotten so much smaller and my skin has cleared up and is so much more vibrant now. I LOVE IT!

Work Out!

So yesterday at the gym I worked out for an hour, I split my work out in to intervals. I did 20 mins. on the treadmill, 10 mins. on the elliptical working my arms and legs, 10 mins. on the bike and it works your legs. After that I went and did strength training on the weight machines for 20 minutes various ones (sorry I don't know the names of them) they work your legs, arms, butt, and tummy. I was exhausted!!!!! Despite being completely drained I'm excited to go work out today and will update with pics and hopefully a video. I actually recorded a video to post on here but then when I watched it I didn't like it lol so I didn't post.

Ebony today you made me cry. You did it with one picture and one sentence. The picture was you in the changing room with your new jeans, the look on your lovely face, I KNEW how you felt. The sentence was 'I can't tell you how happy I feel'. We've been together on all of this journey and you are now and have always been, my utmost inspiration. Bless you! Well done.
Great job!!!

Saturday Morning Work Out

Good Energy, Motivated and Good Music...

Awww Allie you are so sweet. We have been going through this journey together since day one. I am so happy for you. I can't wait to see your progress. I remember when I was where you were. So I can relate to that. I will definitely be keeping an eye out on your profile. .

Enjoying Memorial Day

Hope everyone is enjoying. Salute to our troops and veterans!

The top left is my favorite! Lol Anyway Mz. Gorgeous you look so happy and fulfilled! Isn't this line the VERY BEST gift you've ever given yourself! Hub, these surgeries give us back our lives!!! Enjoy to the fullest!
Yes Ma'am I totally wish I'd done it sooner, but I guess it wasn't time. Thank you!!!

Confession Time....

So I have to be honest, I am becoming a bit obsessed with this weigh loss thing. I honestly feel like the weight is coming off fast enough or I'm doing something wrong. I feel as though even though I'm at a 95 lb. weight loss my clothes size should be smaller. I am seriously tripping y'all I really want these thoughts and obsessions to go away but it's not. I never thought I would be like this, do any of you feel this way or no someone who has had the surgery feel this way? My husband keeps saying you're going to lose it just relax but heck he doesn't know my struggle because he's already fit lol. I need to get it together.

Okay so this past weekend I was off for 4 days and didn't go work out not one day and I have no excuse smh! But today I will be back in the gym however I did lose a 1 1/2 lbs. over those 4 days so that's a good thing.

So here's an update:

Starting weight: 387.5 lbs
Today's weight: 292.0 lbs.

Starting BMI: 60.7
Todays BMI:45.7

My goal weight is to be around 175 lbs. give or take so I have to lose another 117 lbs. to be at my goal.

I do feel the same way getting a bit irritated I'll be 3 weeks out tomorrow how I see that scale go down.... It's so hard
The first 3 weeks you're definitely going to lose especially since you can barely eat, when I went in for my 3 week follow-up I think I was down 30 lbs. or so. Also how's everything going? How are you feeling? etc.

Yoga and Pic update

Yoga was great it was very relaxing and calming I thought I'd try it after it was recommended by a community manager name Chako. I am officially down 99.5 lbs. Since surgery December 11th. I am almost at my short term goal of losing 100 lbs. My next short term goal is to be down between 40 and 50 lbs. By September 1st. So I'm going to do what it takes to make that happen. I'm excited and I'm ready.

Thank you for posting your journey I just had the Sleeve surgery a month ago and this really helped me. I am missing food and not liking that I can only eat a few bits. You do look awesome my starting weight was 310 and im down to 263 I had my surgery on April 28th. I am super excited for the future. Thanks for the help!
You look awesome!!! I see you add protein to your smoothies... have you heard of the Project 10 Challenge? It's protein powder that you can add to any smoothie... and it TASTE GREAT!!!
Look at your WAIST!!! You look so pretty with your little guy at the river, your skin glows. So. Proud. Of. You.

Hey y'all!

So I just wanted to stop by and write a quick update. Everything is going well, yoga was great this week still getting use to it. I also noticed that I get bored easily if I try to get my excercise in through walking now is rather be doing an intense work out instead. I've started back on my green smoothies for breakfast. Also I just wanted to show you guys a side by side before and after pic. Oh and I will be glad when I lose this .5 lb so I can be at the 100 mark so I'll keep updating. Have a great day everyone!

You are doing an amazing job! When I grow up, I want to lose like that!!!!! DO NOT get frustrated or disappointed! You're an inspiration!
Is this the same girl who was worried the weight wasn't coming off fast enough?! :) look at you, you look amazing. I am well over three hundred and I look at it this way; it took me twenty years to gain all this weight, I'm not going to lose it in a few months. It may take a little while Ebony, but every time you see a weight on that scale, you will never see it again. Look at it like that. In other news :) I was inspired by your water regime and I've bought myself a 1litre, not sure of oz size, mason jar that has been made into a glass with a metal straw. I already suffer from chronic fatigue because of my muscle wasting disease, I can sleep 13 hours a night, I'm concerned I won't have time to drink enough. We'll cross that bridge when we get there I guess.

Pic

June 7, 2014 287 lbs. I have lost exactly 100 lbs. Since surgery and it was our son's birthday so I was pretty excited

Wow...Congratulations!! So exciting!

Facial Comparison

107 lbs. Down

Ebony!!!! I'm sleeeeeeeved :)
Omg! WOOT WOOT!!! I am so happyfor you Allie I know this has been a moment yyou've been waiting for and I'm just overjoyed for you! Look out world here comes the new Allie! I hope you are feeling okay and remember it's going to be tuff these first few months but it gets better. Keep us posted!

Before & After

Pic

How much was the surgery n wow girl u look amazing good for u
Ebony.....100lbs! Congratulations girl!!! I'm so proud of you!!! LOVE the side by side views. You've come such a long way. What a Blessing!
Thank you! I paid 2100 out of pocket.

Side by side

Still glowing I see :) I want your skin so much lol. I love those side by sides.
Amazing journey! You look great and mostly very happy!! Will tell you my version in a month when I will have mine..can you please tell me why you went on pre op protein diet?? My dr didn't ask me so....
Hi souss, I can't wait for your review. Some drs do ask you to diet before surgery, mine did in the UK, I had to lose 5% of my weight to show I was willing to make changes. They all seem to be different though :) only a month huh! I'm eight days out and so pleased I did it.

Quick Update

i am so happyfor you my husbandandi are goingtohave it done in three months i cant wait
That is awesome you guys are doing it together and can experience this journey together. That is going to be amazing. I wish the both of you the best.

More Pics

Side by sides

Wow you look really good ur face is super thin!!!! Great job u got this
I've finally scheduled mine. It's in august! I love reading your posts. You're gorgeous and already look so good... Remember us woman are hard on our selves so as we start to look better we notice other things wrong with us as well. Believe me, I do it all the time. You're doing great though. Stay positive!
That is awesome! You'll have surgery in no time.

Good Morning!

I was so tired yesterday and it was my monthly and I didn't feel like going to the gym but I did anyway and I worked out for an hour and a half. Sometimes I'll be really tired after work and I'll have second thoughts about working out but then I have to over shadow those thoughts and say "GET UP AND GET MOVING". Stay strong and encouraged everyone we are in this together.

That motivation and determination of yours is something else and it proves it's not just about what we eat but our level of activity. I was telling my MD about you today, she was amazed at how much you'd lost! She probably thinks there's hope for me yet LOL.
Thank Allie! I have to stay motivated because if I don't I would totally fail at this opportunity and end up back where I was before.

Flipagram

Quick Post

Junebug I think you are right on schedule with 17 lbs. In 3 weeks that's fantastic. At one point I stalled for a while because I started solid foods or let's say soft foods but then one day I stepped on the scale and is lost 9 lbs. In a week. You definitely have to watch what you're eating and make sure you're exercising in your case it would be walking right now I'm not sure if the doc cleared you to really work out. Drink plenty of water, right now in at a stall because I'm building muscle I can't believe I have actual muscles now I can feel them I am so happy! Just take it one day at a time and the scale will move. I had started obsessing over the scale in the beginning lol. Just take it one day at a time.
Your progress is inspiring and motovational!! How were you able to lose upto 5 lbs in one week. I am at my 3 weeks and not sure if I hit a stall or maybe over eating. I have lost 17lbs since surgery but now my scale is just at the same weight. Any tips?

Strength Training and Toning!

So I have been in the gym working extremely hard! With one day off a week and I am seeing results! I am so excited I have muscles now and can feel them I even have some definition in my arms! I am excited to see the hard work paying off. Another thing I noticed is that along with the muscles the scale is moving up only by a few pounds because of course muscle makes you gain but it's a good gain and I'll take that. I just wanted to share with you guys my progress.

So another thing I think I may have gone too hard in the gym because my neck hurts and I have a headache so I need to relax and take a little break meaning I won't do as much as I normally do in the gym. It's funny because my family told me I was addicted to working out SAY WHAT???? Me! LOL! Just to think 6 months ago I never look the gyms way and not I can't stay out of there I LOVE IT!! I did this surgery to get healthy and fit and have a more productive life so I am going to take advantage of this opportunity and utilize every bit of this entire life style change.

Sorry about your neck! Hope you can rest and take care! How's the yoga going?
Yoga is great! I only go on Saturday mornings.

Quick update

So everything has been great, I'd been at a stall for a few weeks because I was choosing to eat a few of the wrong foods however I was still working out but not burning enough calories to lose. So this week I got serious and went back to the way things were when I first started and I lost 3 lbs. This past week. So I will be eating clean and working out like crazy to hit my 30 lb. Weight loss by the end of summer. Wish me luck!

Here's some photos from this weekend.

Pic update

Photos from this weekend.

Loving in that little denim jacket! You've done brilliantly for over seven months now, it's inevitable to hit a bit of a bump in the road sooner or later. The most important thing is you know what caused it and you know, and are more than equipped, to get past it. What's more you've done all this with zero support from your doctor. I know you'll be getting that 30lb very soon.

Before and After Pic

Side by side

You look amazing!! Keep up the great work- you are my motivation!!!
Thank you so much! You keep up the great work as well.

Update

So last weeks weigh-in I was down 5.1 lbs. bringing my total weight loss to 115.5 lbs. lost since surgery so since June 7 I have lost 15 lbs. my ultimate goal was to be down 30 lbs. by the end of summer I still have some time so we'll see. I know if I give it 110% I can make it happen. But if I don't reach that goal I 'll be proud of what I did accomplish.

I want people to know this surgery is not the easy way out! I literally have to work at my weight loss if I find myself eating the wrong foods or not exercising I notice that when I step on the scale. This surgery was only an assistance to help jump start. It's hard work! So for anyone considering having bariatric surgery because they think it'll help them lose weight with the proper diet and exercise or for anyone who may say it's the easy way out. It's far from it. You have to put in the work to get the results you want.

Thank you for not giving up and continuing to post your results and frustrations! You are a beautiful woman and I've totally enjoyed reading about your journey. Also, thank you for your honesty about how hard it is.
I really enjoyed reading your journey through all this - thanks for sharing. I've just started the process and if all goes well, I hope to have my surgery in January 2015. I must admit its scary and I question myself often if I'm doing the right thing. However at the same time, I know I have to do something for my health is paying the price. Thanks again - and you're beautiful!!!
Good advice. You've done brilliantly.

Size Update

I am proud to announce that I have gone from a size 4X scrubs to an X-Large scrub. 7 months Post-Op

Your journey of truly inspiring. You look amazing! My journey Is only beginning but thank you for sharing your experience with us from the good to the bad.
Thank you so much! Good Luck on your journey and before you know it you'll be half way to where you want to be.

Good Morning!

Quick Update: I lost another 3 lbs. last week which brings my total weight loss since December 2013 to 118.1 lbs. I was pretty shocked because I've been doing a lot of weight lifting trying to tone and strengthen my muscles and MI know sometimes you tend to gain as you build muscle. Eating wise everything is good I've noticed that I am addicted to wheat thins I literally eat them everyday as my snack, however I only eat the recommended portion of 16 which is plenty.

congrats!! what an amazing jounery thanks for sharing step by step. My husband is looking into doing this but I like getting all the info I can get. You nearly answered all my question. I just have one I know you said you working out. how is your skin after the surgery?
WOW. I read ur post like it was a novel. I am just starting my journey and I just decided a few weeks ago that I need the surgery. Thanks for posting and blessings to u on reaching ur goals

Quick Update!

Good Morning! Yesterday I got on the scale in which I normally don't weigh myself until Monday but I decided to do it yesterday and to my surprise last week I lost 4.6 lbs which was pretty awesome! I totally didn't expect that but I have been on my best behavior. My total weight loss since December 2013 is 120.9 lbs. and at this point I am 8 months out. I feel great except sometimes I do get a little light headed which I know that if I don't get enough fluids (water) that could cause that so I am definitely working on it. So another thing I mentioned before is that my doctor put me on 50,000 units of Vitamin D because it was critically low and now that has been decreased to 1,000 units once a day so I'll see how that goes. Last week I did take a break from the gym but I will resume all work outs TODAY! I had a lot going on so I wasn't really able to go everyday like I normally do but I will be there today! My clothes are getting looser and looser and these are the new clothes that I've bought and that's okay with me because it's to be expected. I feel so much better I can't even begin to tell you.

So I am apart of this Gastric Sleeve Support Group on a social media sight and I just asked them a question because for some reason I was feeling like I should have lost more weight by now and the feedback was great. I was comparing myself to others and not thinking about the great accomplishment that I've achieved thus far. So I am very happy with my 120 lb. weight loss for some reason I was thinking I should have lost at least 130-150 lbs. so far but like my mom has told me "it hasn't even been a year yet" lol and she's right. I don't know why I've gotten so obsessive compulsive over weight loss it's crazy.

Pic Update

So I've been using this app to track my weight loss and BMI called Monitor My Weight and I'm going to upload a screen shot from day one.

Hi! Thank you so much! I am so happy that I could be of some sort of help throughout this time for you all. As far as the skin I do have some, of course after being over weight for 10+ years and my skin has been stretch do to that. I have excess skin on my arms, my stomach, and my thighs. I am going to get plastic surgery once I reach my weight loss goal. So that is something that he should consider as far as the excess skin because there will be some.
Hi! Thank you so much! I am going to tell you that this was one of the best decisions that I could have ever made. My life has change in so many way I absolutely love the new me. I will tell you I have zero regrets and I would do it again in a heart beat. I wish you nothing but the best throughout your journey.

Weight loss tracker app

Monitor My Weight App

Side by Side

120 lbs. Lighter

Face Comparison

120 lb. Difference

I love your review and all your pictures. The pictures tell the story for sure. You look amazing. I'm kinda surprised with the amount of weight you wanted to lose the doctors didn't look at by-pass surgery. You have worked extremely hard to get to this healthier place for sure. Is your husband supportive & happy for you? Don't want any of those jealous hubbies out there worried you'll be moving on now that you're thin. Keep up the great work plus keep posting those pictures....can't wait to follow your journey.
Thank you so much! The by-pass was totally out of the question for me because it has so many complications and I'd done sooooo much research on the sleeve and saw people lose 200+ lbs I knew this was the surgery for me. My husband is very supportive before and after this surgery. He's always love me no matter what and always tell me I'm beautiful and support me 100%. I have read of some people getting a divorce because of jealous spouses so that can really happen. Again thank you so much!

Another Pic Update

Pic

Your pictures really tell your story....a success story at that.

A slight hiatus.....

I have been doing well and I am at a stall right now which is okay and I'm still working hard to break that. I notice since the weight loss I had something pop up on my arm and I had been procrastinating on getting it checked out. Now I'm not saying it has to do with the surgery but I went to the dermatologist and they did a biopsy so I'm just waiting on the results. I will keep you all posted and have a great week everyone!

You're doing so great!!!! I see a huge change in you! I am so happy to hear that your hair and skin are strong and even better than before because I had some concerns about nutrient absorbtion.
Hi! Thank you! I have had no issues besides low Vitamin D but I'm taking supplements but besides that I'm fine!

Quick Update!

As of today I have lost a total of 129.5 lbs. since surgery and I am now wearing an X-Large, also I will be doing the 5K Breast Cancer run with my office and I'm pretty excited and have been prepping for it. I'll keep you guys posted!

your and insperation im just starting my journey as of 06/2014 so im doing the visits and blah blah lol but im through the roof excited keep those pics comeing you look STUNNING
I'll definitely post videos and pics, this is my first 5k so pray for me because I'm not sure if I'll make it lol!

10 Month Progress

Body and face

I really needed to see your post today! Thank you so much. I've been down in the dumps - the six month medically supervised weight loss part of this journey is frustrating!! I just want to have the surgery and start my new life! patience...

Face

;-)

Keep up the good work....I am currently going through the process to have the gastric sleeve surgery. Right now my surgery date is going to be sometime in February 2015 due to the 6 months supervised week loss program the insurance is requiring. I too have chosen Dr. Titus Duncan to be my surgeon. Again you look good girl....keep doing what you are doing because it is working!!!!
You look great. I'm very inspired by your journey.
You look beautiful!!! Keep up the good work!
Dr. Titus Duncan

Honestly I only met him twice and it was really quick maybe a couple of minutes and then he was gone. Would I recommend this doctor or practice no, he was friendly the couple times I did see him. But overall I would have gone some where who was more attentive to their patients. The name of the practice is Peachtree Surgical Bariatrics Buckhead