Promise This is my Last Nose Job! Atlanta, GA

After my 1st rhinoplasty to remove the hump I was...

After my 1st rhinoplasty to remove the hump I was still not satified with my nose. It seemed as if I had a huge bulbous tip. Even bigger than before. I asked the drs and they just said it was swollen and that it would go down. Well it didnt. So her I am 7 years later back at it. Well after this what they call " revision" the surgeon stated that I had an overwhelming amount of scar tissue and that why it looked like that. He said he cleaned it out and that if I continue to do my massages (which I was not instructed to do the first time) that I should be happy with the results. I hope so, I will not be going unde rthe knife again. Im 2 weeks post and I can kinda see a difference but again Im swollen. So I will be massaging and waiting. I hope I didnt waist my money. I will update.

distraught

Well I hate to say that my nose looks roughly the same before I went under the knife. Im kinda depressed about it. I financed it and to think that Ill be paying on this forever and for what? The tip of my nose looks basically the same. None of my family can see a difference and they are all like basically confused as to what I actually did. From everything Im reading, I think I might be swollen. But Im not very optimistic.

Still not happy

I think I can see a little difference but no way enuf for all Ive been through. I spoke with my doctor he say continue with massages and the swelling will continue to go down. I guess we will see. I will keep updateing hopefully it will get better. My tip is still really swollen. :(
Dr Connors

Doctor was awesome. Staff is exceptional.

I am so sorry to hear you still have not had any improvement post surgery. I tend to hold on to bruises and swelling as well and I have found that bromelien (sp) has helped me, still, close to a month out, in my layman's opinion, I would think that some of the swelling would have resolved. I know that revision rhino is more difficult, especially due to scar tissue buildup from prior surgery. Does the original surgeon say you still have a lot of swelling and he expects it to resolve? Here is hoping the swelling continues to go down, let us know how you are doing!
I truly hope this is it for you and that you love it in the end. Please keep us posted as you continue to heal!
Good luck...looking forward to your updates!
I hope you get good results this time around. Your story reminds me of my own in many respects. I originally had a hump which was removed and then ended up with a bulbous tip and wide base. I lived with this nose for more than 10 years before I finally had a revision 4 months ago. So far my nose looks nice and symmetric. My revision doctor told me when my nose was shortened it was left without any cartilage on the tip so that's why it looked weird and asymmetric. Have a smooth recovery and thanks for sharing your experience with us.