Rhinoplasty - Atlanta, GA

I've never been very fond of my nose and finally...

I've never been very fond of my nose and finally decided to bite the bullet and get the procedure done. It has only been a week and I can not believe how good the nose looks and how well I feel. I attest this to the amazing surgeon I chose. So my best advice is do you research and trust your gut when it comes to the PS. I took a total of 2.5 pain pills after the surgery and an occasional dose of Advil for headaches, very minimal pain. The worse parts of recovery are not be able to wash up properly, having to mouth breath, having to sleep with HOB elevated and being cooped up inside - it gets boring! My best advice is to keep water and lip balm by your bedside, stock up on easy to eat/soft foods (soup, yogurt, smoothies, ice pops, frozen stemmed veg/rice, etc) and ice your eyes! I was given a great eye ice mask from the PACU which I would place very carefully on my face 4-5 times a day for the first three days for about 20 minutes each time. Instead of putting ice in the mask, I mixed vodka and water into the mask and folded it in half and let it freeze. The vodka kept the water from freezing solid, so it was more of a slushy consistency and much easier and more comfortable to form to the face. My BF thought I was a genius for thinking this up and then added, "What do you open it up after your done a drink it too?!" Don't do that! ;)

The price I listed is for the PS, hospital and anesthesia fees.

Your vodka/water idea is a stroke of genius! Great tip.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience on RealSelf. Have you had your splint removed yet for the big reveal?

Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

I had spent a ton of time researching plastic surgeons in the Atlanta area and I can not put my finger on it exactly but, Dr. Zaworski's profile stood out to me above all others, and believe me there are many! I booked a consultation with him and upon meeting him I immediately felt comfortable. He was friendly, funny, did not rush me, answered my questions and went over what I didn't like about my nose and how he could change those things. He also gave me his opinion about changes to my nose, which was much appreciate because I really did know exactly what I wanted or what would be possible to achieve. His staff are all very friendly. His nurse, Susan, is wonderful. Everyone I dealt with (pre-op/post-op) were great people. I felt very well taken care of and very calm through out the whole experience. Recovery was an absolute breeze. I made sure to follow his instructions, relax and eat well. It really was much easier then I expected and I believe that is because he really is a gifted surgeon. It has only been a week and I can not believe how good my nose looks. I went for a follow up appointment today, he put some pressure on my nose and showed me how to do so myself and it immediately made my nose look even better! I am very happy with my results so far and I would definitely recommend Dr. Zaworski.