My NEW Life, Thanks to Lap Band - Atlanta, GA

As I was approaching my 40th birthday I knew, deep...

As I was approaching my 40th birthday I knew, deep in my soul that I needed to make some changes in my life. Life was passing me by... I was sitting on the sofa wishing, hoping and dreaming instead of taking action.

I was 325lbs and miserable with my life. I saw an ad for a local bariatric clinic and went to a Lap Band seminar. I knew it was for me! After 4.5 months of insurance hurdles, I had my surgery. Since then, my life has changed so much. I started following a passion and dream of becoming and actor. It's still a scary journey and I have my hurdles and challenges, but I have this little device inside me to keep me in check. I'm down 110lbs since 2009!

The hardest thing about my journey has been...

Christopher Hart

He was awesome! Very to the point and real with me and my expectations.

Hey there!!! I'm from Toccoa Ga and was thinking about doing this. I look in the mirror and just feel disgusted and start crying because of what I look like.... Can you please tell me the place that you went to.
Surely, yes it was $450... out of pocket costs to me. My insurance covered almost all of my surgery as well as my after care.

Surely not $450.00?

Hi Sherry, that may be what he had to pay out of pocket. Since the insurance paid for surgery, that may have been his part of the costs.

Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, you're photos are awesome and you can definitely see how much hard work you've put in to this journey!

If you don't mind sharing, what is/has been the hardest part of this experience, for you?

(just updated the post too!) The hardest thing about my journey has been overcoming emotional hunger, and really eating when hungry. I've always been an emotional eater. I am thankful that part of my insurance approval process was counseling which made me realize I was an emotional eater. Even though I am several years out from my surgery date of 2009, I still have to think "Am I hungry, or am I EMO-EATING". Now I know how to identify the signs and stop it.

I definitely have the same issues. I'm an emotional eater as well, which is something I really have to get a handle on, especially because I'm going to be having surgery in a couple of months.

Having counselling seems like it worked out for you, but I hear ya, that's it a lifetime of really having to think about why you're eating!