My Breast Reduction Journey - Atlanta, GA

Hello, I recently had a breast reduction done....

Hello, I recently had a breast reduction done. This was the most horrific decision I have ever made. I knew I had to have it done one day but not this soon. This was something I thought about for years but did not have the financial stability in the past, so I knew I could not afford the burden of the procedure. Well let me tell you ladies this has been the best decision of my "LIFE". I was a 34G (yep, I said it). My bras were ridiculous over PRICED. what was a girl to do? $68 for a half bra (Wacol (sold only at Dillard's) is the best for those that can't afford the procedure or doesn't have health insurance). My Dr was beyond helpful from beginning to the end( she has a great staff may I add). I went in to be examined on April 26 ( 2 weeks after my 30 b-day) two weeks later the office called with the most exciting NEWS of my life to date" Blue Cross Shield of Georgia( individual plan) approved my procedure". I scheduled my surgery July 9. Excited was not even the word to use. I was thrilled and overjoyed with joy. These 34 G's were about to be the past. I went in for surgery last Tuesday shaking in my pants but refused to let it show in front of my family. The procedure took exactly 2 hours boy was I up for a rude awaking. The pain hurted so freaking bad the first couple of days, I thought my life was about to end. Please do not be fooled people this is major surgery and it's PAINFUL but totally worth it 9 days later. 1st day I slept because of anesthesia( it didn't last long so I was taking my pain medication every 4 to 6 hours). 2nd day was still bad but manageable. 3rd day I rolled over on right breast and all HELL broke loose, the pain was so bad I cried for hours. Be advised you will have to lay on your back for awhile until the breast start to heal. 4th day I was actually moving around slowing & lounging on sofa. 5-9th day OK only sore and stiff nothing outrageous. To be honest I have been without medicine for the last 3 days. This has been the best grown up decision I could of made. I would recommend others to have this procedure just know it's uncomfortable at the beginning but will definitely be worth it in the end. Any question feel free to ask.

2 weeks

Now, I can breath!! I'm now past my 2 week PO I have never felt better since procedure. Still sore to touch but nothing like it was. The only issue I'm having now is insomnia for reason. But I have an idea where it's coming from. I purchased my 1st sports bra and it was a huge relief from hospital compression bras. I will update again after my 3 week check-up Monday. I'm excited for this appt. incision tape removal ( which will probably be applied again) but I'm excited. Oh yea, left breast( I call it exhibit A) is still much swollen than exhibit B. Lets see what happen

24 day

So far, everything is going great! No, intense pain, no soar shoulders or back I'm well on my way to a successful recovery. Things I hate about procedure: itchy sensation wearing tape over incisions, can't do upper body exercises, sleeping at night is still uncomfortable, & last swelling ( which I knew would exist). Other than that, I can't complain. Overall, I want to believe I made the right decision. In 60 days, I will let you know I verdit.

1 day away from 30 day post surgery

All I have to say is " I feel great". Exhibit A & B are healing great no pain no meds. What I don't appreciate is not being able to get a nice bra ( but I'm patiently waiting). I still have to wear tape around incision other than that everything is healing as planned. My posture is phenomenal now. Models look out I'm coming for you. The boobies are a little itchy at times but I'm sure that's comes with the healing process. I can't complain.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

My Dr. was extremely helpful and honest. I would definitely refer her.

Hey Solara08. Am happy to hear your story always. Sounds just like mine. Am 10 days post surgery and yea, I have no pain, no meds, apart from the nutrition vitamin program. Am happy and loving it. Looking fwd to shop for bras in the Fall. Am happy about this forum. it gives me a lot of encouragement especially you. Quick recovery sis!
Good to know everything went & going well.
No Pain, No gain. Am scheduled for the 30th of July and my PS and the Nurses must be sugar-coating this pain aspect. Whatever it is, am nervously looking forward. Good luck to you as you continue to heal! Cant wait to be in your shoes ''9 days PO' lol!!!!
Thank you & good luck on your surgery. It's definitely painful so be prepared. My 11th day has me on my back last night was terrible one for me. Don't know if I over did it day before but I'm paying for it today. Again good luck with everything
Thank you dear!!