Mommy Makeover Scheduled for 11/21/2013 - Atlanta, GA

Hi! I am a 34 year-old mom of 2 sweet children. DS...

Hi! I am a 34 year-old mom of 2 sweet children. DS is 5 and DD is 2. After breast feeding and pregnancy my body needs some help. I am scheduled for a breast reduction and lift, tummy tuck, liposuction and permalip implant on 11/21/2013. I'd love to find a surgery buddy and hear about what to expect from those who have had these procedures.
Dr. Byrd

My surgery was yesterday. Strangely, the darn permalips are the worst part. Living in my recliner with ice on my lips. How are you doing?
So my doctor told me she prefers me not to take anything before the surgery...including bromelain pills, arnica, vitamin c. She said it really isn't necessary since I eat healthy and should start it when the procedure is finished. She said to eat fresh pineapple a little each day before. As far as the milk of magnesia I am going to take it the day before just to prep my stomach. We only have one week away....going by so quickly. I just got my percocet, antibiotics, and phenergan filled so I think I am prepared. You working the day before the surgery?
Hey there. My TT and breast lift is scheduled for the 21st also. You getting nervous yet?
I am getting nervous! Excited and nervous. How about you?
Yeah, I am so far more excited than nervous. But I am going to try to stay busy at work until the last minute. I know that Wed will be rough for me getting it all organized and then I am sure I will have no sleep Wed night. Have you started to take any vitamins or anything for the surgery? I hear of people taking vitamin c and then stool softeners a few days before.
I am doing the same thing. I do not want any loose ends at work while I am recovering. I want to be caught up and have a week of peace and quiet (e.g., turn off iphone). My doc prescribed a sleeping pill for the night before suregery- ask your doctor about that. Might help with the pre-surgery jitters. I have started Bromelain, vitamin and vitamin c. I am going to start arnica montana on Thursday. I also bought fresh pineapple and have been eating some each day. I need to do the stool softener thing- I watched youtube videos of people talking about their procedures and they all complained about constipation. Do you have any kids? I have 2 and am worried that my husband will not know what to do with them while I am recovering.
So I am going in tomorrow to pick up my packet with my prescriptions so not too sure what her recommendations are going to be. I have the arnica and bromelain here but I hear mixed responses from doctors on whether to start it pre or post surgery. So I will have it for after unless she tells me it is ok to start before. I have seven year old twins and of course I am worried that things won't get done. But I think that is my insecurity and my controlling personality. I know he is capable of it and I need to make sure I let go of the reigns and allow him to do it. Are you getting there pain pump or exparel?
The pain pump..not there;-)

Thanks for starting your story on RealSelf! Have you checked out the surgery calendar so you can find others getting mommy makeovers on or around the same day as yours? I know that can be a big comfort. Please keep us posted!