Mommy Makeover: StoriesWrite a Review
Looking Forward to a Flat Tummy and New Ta-Tas - Atlanta, GA
- posted 5 months ago
- updated 1 day ago
- scheduled for May 24
- Cost: $8,400
- Moises Salama, MD (Miami, Fl)
I decided to join realself.com because I have...
- 30 Dec 2012
- 5 months pre
I decided to join realself.com because I have become so inspired by all of the wonderful posts on here. I have been reading several posts and let me say that this site offers a WEALTH of information. I am looking to get a tummy tuck w/lipo and BA (silcone)
I am 33 yrs old. I live in the Atlanta, GA area. I am married and I have two kids. I have one boy who is 6 and one girl who is 3. I am currently a little over my normal weight because I have been out of the gym for a few months, but I am about 5'5 and 140lbs. However, my normal weight is around 130lb. I am now about a 34 A- lol. I never had big boobs. I was a 34 B before kids and breastfeeding.So, I was about 26 yrs old when I had my son and I was about 120 lb before I got pregnant with him. After I had him I stayed around 128-134 lb. With my second pregnancy ( 2009) I gained SO much weight. I was 180lb at the time of delivery. I worked really hard and got back down to 130lb. This year I have been up and down between 130lb- 140lb due to stress, work schedule, etc.
I have been seriously considering a mommy makeover for about 6 months.
I am tired of the muffin top and my flat chest. My stomach looks a bowl of chitlin's LOL! I HATE wearing bathing suits. I look like a boy or a big ass pear in bathing suits. ( I have some hips/butt) I dont feel sexy any more. I want to be smokn' HAWT like those chics walking around South Beach, Miami .
My husband is so awesome. He loves me the way I am, but he will do whatever to make me happy. So after complaining about my body for years he made me a appt with Dr. David Whiteman on December 27th. Honestly, he/we chose Dr. Whiteman because he did NeNe Leakes ( (real housewives of Atlanta) surgery AND because he has his surgery performed in the same hospital my husband works for. We love the fact that his surgery suit is apart of a hospital ( just in case ...) We did our research on Dr. Whiteman and he is a very well experienced PS. He was very polite, thorough, and very clear about expectations. I felt very comfortable with him. Im kinda sold on Dr. Whiteman :o), but I may see one or two other PS (maybe). But I loved Dr. Whiteman he was really helpful. He recommends a tummy tuck with lipo. He said that my belly button was higher than most women ( strange ?? lol). Also, for my BA he wants to go with a 390cc to 420cc. I THINK Im gonna go with the silcone. I am a little nervous about the size because I dont want to be too big. He said that would put me at a small D.
I am hoping to schedule my surgery for the 1st week in June 2013. I am hoping to secure that date by the end of Feb.but we will see how finances look.
I forgot to add that both of deliveries were natural.
- 2 Jan 2013
- 4 months pre
New Pics** So I am adding some post pics eeek! I...
- 13 Jan 2013
- 4 months pre
I am currently working out to shed those 10lbs I gained. I am hoping to go into surgery weighing 130lbs or less.
Its some hard work researching and looking for ps....
- 6 Feb 2013
- 3 months pre
I have lost 5lbs (my weight is slowly going back...
- 24 Feb 2013
- 3 months pre
I have been still shopping around for PS. As far as consults in the Atlanta area, I have had consults in person with Dr. Whiteman, Dr. Okoro, and Dr. Davoudi.
Let me tell you, if you are looking for a great down to earth ps in the Atlanta area, Dr. Davoudi is it! It was such a pleasure doing my consult with him. His suite is attached to Gwinnett Medical Hospital and like Dr. Whiteman they both do their surgies in the hospital. His office is just GORGEOUS! His staff very nice and helpful. He took his time with me and went over every detail of the surgery(s) I was interested in. He walked me through his photos showing me exactly what I needed know. He was very personable. What I liked most is he spend the entire time with me during the consult. Some PS will leave you in the room and have their PA's or nurses do a lot of the work, not Dr. Davoudi. He is very hands on. His prices are good if you are paying cash. 10K-11K (with lipo of the back included ;o))
Dr. Okoro office was very nice as well. His office was very hi-tech. I did my consult with his PA Uma. Uma was very informative and sweet. I like the staff and office ,but the prices were a bit on the high end. $14,000 for tt, ba (silicone), and extra lipo.
I love everything about Dr. Robles except that she is overseas. Her quote for me was $5900 for tt/ba.lipo. She would be my first pick however I am struggling with going out the country and am concerned about post care.
The cheapest in-state PS for what I am looking for tt/ba(silicone) is Dr. Salama (miami) $8300, Dr. Pinella (miami) $8000, and Dr. Hedden (Birmingham). I have been researching safety, reviews, location, follow-up care and prices and these three are best fit for the price. Dr. Salama is so packed I dont think I will be able to book with him.
I am narrowing it down to instate: Dr. Hedden, Dr. Pinella, Dr. Salama (if his schedule opens) and Dr. Davoudi. Over seas: Dr. Robles is still a possibility if I can muster up the courage and nerve...I am scared to go overseas.
*Dr. Hedden is around $8000
- 24 Feb 2013
- 3 months pre
Wow!!! It still has not sunk in!! I finally put...
- 21 Mar 2013
- 2 months pre
I have been mia due to have the flu for two...
- 21 Apr 2013
- 1 month pre
again once I receive my packet.
21 Days to go #teamSalama... I am down to 130 lbs...
- 3 May 2013
- 21 days pre
11 days to go til I'm on the plane headed to ...
- 12 May 2013
- 12 days pre
Wow! My surgery is next Friday, May 24,2013 #mommymakerover #teamsalama #7days left
- 17 May 2013
- 6 days pre
Rambling session 1: I have read a lot of great reviews on tt recovery. So, thankful for people on here that keep it real and detailed. I thank you guys so much. I hope I can help someone too. However, this one chic was so negative. I am not going to name any names, but I really wanted to tell that her that maybe she should have talked to someone professionally before and after surgery for mental support. The review from pre-op to post-op was negative. I was thinking this chic is clinically depressed. The low self esteem was truly internal and NO SURGERY could ever fix what was in her head based on her review. I dont like my body and even hate it sometimes but I still LOVE myself. I kinda felt she didnt love anything about herself. Like that country song I like "Buzz Kill", her review was a BUZZ KILL lol, should have poured those beers out lol.
Ramble session 2: I am so broke! I have pinching pennies to pay for my surgery, plane tickets, hotel, etc in cash. No credit cards or loans. Thankful to God for blessing us. However, Im so broke I can't pay attention. Iam the point where I need to cash in cans to get my supplies to take with me lol j/k.
Ramble Session 3: I felt like I have read read read and now I feel like I am forgeting everything that I need to do, to get, to pack before the big day. I must start packing tomorrow 5/18/2103. I feel all over the place. Im not nervous it really has it kicked in yet that I am really about to get a mommy makeover. I just going through the motion. Besides, work has kept me extremely busy to keep my mind off the surgery.
Welp, thats enough rambling. Cant' wait until i have some juicy interesting stuff to post like post-op recovery pics. #God'swill :o)
- 17 May 2013
- 6 days pre
- Water Detox - (pre op) Try to include intermittent "water only" fasts to rid the body of toxins - the body is able to go into a rest mode from digestion, and is able to focus on healing (especially the liver & kidneys) and restoring thru cleansing (especially the blood). It is good preparation for surgery, as less toxins are in your body while your body is trying to heal. I personally plan a 3-5 day fast per month for a few months, followed by 1 day fasts per week...drink drink drink.. *Not recommended if on medication*
- Arnica Montana and Bromelain for fluids (and swelling)
- Ice, elevate
- Fresh pineapple with cottage cheese (Daisy only - natural)
- More water - more water helps you to lose extra water weight - also carries toxins out of the body
- Less sodium (Low to no) - Sodium causes water retention
- More protein (leans) - Less Carbs (and keep carbs separate from fats & proteins at least an hour or more, to allow the enzymes to break the food up more efficiently)
- Wear compression garment religiously and only take it off for showering if possible
- Don't eat as much - eat smaller portions more frequently if possible - snacking
- Don't get the cardio up - this gets you swelling more - Stick to keeping it slow paced for a while. As your body rests it can focus on healing.
- Lymphatic massage - light rhythmic massage with circular strokes and some pumping techniques. Light strokes circular toward the heart and down toward your lymph nodes in your thighs.
- Endermologie (LPG) - Treatments are performed by a professional using machines. (rolling & sucking) Stimulates the venous and lymphatic systems, eliminates toxins - It also enhances scar softening/maturing.
- Rest - when in an upright position, the lymphedema cannot cross the fresh incisional scar to drain into the inguinal lymph glands in the groin, so it tends to get "hung up" in the lower abdomen, producing more swelling above the scar. At night time, while lying down, the swelling drains dependently around to the back, but the cycle resumes when the sitting up/stands up the next day. *Chronic lymphedema (swelling) can turn into chronic fibrosis (scar tissue) resulting in a bulge or step off above the scar. Avoid any bouncing or twisting for several weeks…Don’t try and exercise too soon…Just do gentle things
- **My personal thought - Have drain tubes coming out of sides of incision to collect fluids traveling downward and resting on incision scar while sitting upright. This makes the most sense to me..
- Massage the scar to produce blood flow and release tension on surrounding skin
-Honey - spread honey on incision scars and cover with sterile strips/coverings
-Silicone sheeting strips
-Scar Guard or Mederma
Regain feeling in abdominal after TT:
-Gently massage abdominal area to help stimulate nerve feelings
A couple other pointers to remember:
-Be sure to get up and walk shortly after surgery to decrease chances of blot clots forming in legs. Also, getting massages on the legs is another great option while laying in resting positions.
Tip for keeping swelling down
- 19 May 2013
- 4 days pre
"drink a whole pitcher of juice 3-4 times per week. You dont wanna drink it everyday cuz you'll start losing lots of weight, and you're not supposed to do any type of diet the first 2 months after surgery. I blend a whole pineapple, 1 cucumber with the skin, 1 apple with the skin and 2 celery sticks and add some honey to sweeten it, NO sugar".
benefits of the pineapple and cucumber juice
- 19 May 2013
- 4 days pre
I went ahead and researched the benefits from pineapple and cucumber and it's really good for you after surgery. I went to this website. http://www.hailmerry.com/blog/2012/12/raw-cleansing-recipes-pineapple-pear-cucumber-juice/
pre surgery pics taken 5-19-13 (lost over 10lbs)
- 21 May 2013
- 2 days pre
My Doctor: Moises Salama, MD