A Few Things to Help out - Atlanta, GA

So I have had the liners for about a week. The...

So I have had the liners for about a week. The hurt like hell the first couple of days. The teeth movement was not near as bad as the liners cutting my tongue and gums. So a few things if you are considering or just starting out.

Buy retainer brite. It's on Amazon for super cheap and has excellent reviews. It works like a charm cleaning the liners. It makes them super clean in about 15 mins. Use it once a day and no smells or scratches.

I opted for the AcceleDent that cuts my time down from 20 months to 10. Yes it is 900 extra dollars but it sure beats doing this for double the time. Reviews are great on some blogs if you google it. It's a machine that vibrates the teeth into place quicker, for 20 mins a day. We'll worth the extra money if you are already paying for the treatment.

Get your ortho to trim the trays if they are hurting your gums. They were killing me at first, a quick trip and I am good as new. My liners actually feel better with them in than out. They showed me how to do it with very sharp scissors and then smooth with an Emory board.

Oral hygiene is the key. Brush, floss, rinse with listerine after every meal. Hey you have to plan your meals but it is a sure fire way to loose weight.

I am happy with it so far. Especially since I can change my trays every 7 days with the acceledent device. They don't get near as dingy and gross changing them every 7 days. Ask your ortho about it.

I will only drink a couple of beers and water with mine in. I will not eat with them. So much invested it just does not make sense.
Dr Gluck