Buttons, Pegs, Whatever - Atlanta, GA

The buttons were not discussed in detail, so I...

The buttons were not discussed in detail, so I wasnt aware I would be wearing them for the duration! They are pretty invisible with the trays on...during lunch meetings, etc., I dont have the trays on, of course, and I look like I have food stuck to my teeth!

I have 6 right now and I'm not happy with this part of the process! My teeth are moving am the results if pretty phenomenal. Lastly, the gluing of the pegs was ridiulous! I had jagged edges on my teeth and thougt they had craked my teeth! My ortho spent a good hour removing adhesive from my teeth and apologizing.

What's with all these buttons........pretty goofy set up if you ask me....I am wearing my trays about 18 hours a day, they recommend 21-22 hours a day....just wondering if anyone knows if I will get less result in this or not?

There was a question posted in the Q&A section that basically asked what the buttons/attachments are for. You can click here to read what 5 dentists said about them.

There was also a question that touched on not wearing the trays for the full 22 hours as recommended. You can click here to see what the dentists said about that.

Hope this info is helpful! :)

I am now on tray 8 of 29...moving right along! i
I am getting grat results, but today guess what! I have to get more buttons on the button! Joy!

Glad to hear things are moving along, but more buttons? What a bummer! Did the Dr. say if there would be any more or is this the final amount you will have to have placed?

Final amount I hope...the results are amazing for just six months wear. The bottom teeth was where I had the most crowding and bite problems.

That is awesome that you are seeing so much change - would love to see some pictures!! :)

I didn't know I was getting buttons/pegs as well...funny how they don't tell you that part, I hate them as well and am not impressed that my dentist didn't tell me about them either....in my experience they fell off twice in a week and had to have them put back on twice....then when
I put the second tray in my mouth....a week later it split in front. I've been wearing them about 18 hours a day and my dentist said it split because I'm not wearing them long enough....I don't quite buy that comment.....so far I'm not impressed and would rather have had braces....I think this is a lazy way to fix teeth and braces give more accurate results....not impressed at all and I don't expect great results in the end. I think I would get better results with braces not plastic liners but this is what my dentist chose. What a Mickey Mouse Way to fix a person's teeth that's all I can say....

You are definitely not the first to say you didn't feel like the buttons/attachments were fully explained to you. Its never fun to realize after the fact that what you received was different than what you expected.

I hope after your orthodontist removed the adhesive the buttons felt ok (less jagged).