yes!!! -Atlanta, GA

I know the surgery saved my life. I had my surgery...

I know the surgery saved my life. I had my surgery at 325 pounds. The procedure was in Atlanta. I am now 42 and weigh 150 pounds. I am trying to lose 25 more pounds and then have a tummy tuck. It hurts, it is so worth it though. The drain removal was the worst part. Keep on the binder as long as required. I had to come home with a leg bag because I could not urinate when they sent me home. I did get a revision four years later. My weight started to come back. That is a different story.
Celio Burrows

Very good, even over cautious

My mother died 9/2012 from being malnourished from bypass surgery 20 years or so before. I couldn't be with her, I was dealing with the same thing. My bypass was in 1999. Thankfully, I have a degree in biochem and the ability to research it when I could and access to nurses to help me research it. I've been on a nutritional regimen I worked out 1/2012. I am improving and treating the remaining symptoms. Can you die from gastric bypass? YES! My mother did, I almost did. If it wasn't for my studies in Kreb's cycle, I'd be dead by now, too. I finally found a doctor that accepted I just might know what I was talking about - I was "pain-relief-seeking", not "drug-seeking". I'm still in extreme pain from nerve damage, but it is getting better and Dr. S. has been wonderful helping me with pain and other residual symptoms. I do look much better and mostly healthier, but it wasn't worth it. Size 6 looks much better than size 26, but I had to retire and I can't even get to church (I was soloist & organist for 20 years or so.
Hi there, welcome and thanks so much for sharing your journey with us!

Congratulations on your weight loss, that's a huge achievement and you should be very proud of yourself! If you don't mind me asking, did you have more of your stomach cut away with the revision?