Want to Have a Face Lift - Atlanta, GA

Dr. Colgrove said that I should have a full face...

Dr. Colgrove said that I should have a full face lift, fat transfer to under my eyes, glabellar muscle reduction and laser resurfacing. Another PS said all I needed was fillers.

I have sun damage on my face & all over. Lots of time in the sun & Tanning beds over the last 20 years. I was a Tan Mom. Addicted & now my skin is ruined. My derm is considered one of the best in Atlanta but he will not address my cosmetic concerns. Seems he is busy with skin cancer & Mohs. I went out on my own and tried dermabrasion & Skin Classic Treatment but not much improvement. I need an ATLANTA derm or PS willing to help with my severe sun damage. Under eyes fat pads are also a problem.

All of my photos didn't upload the first time..... this is the only way I could find to add photos.

Typo revision

Martina2998 is 100% right. I look at my flaws also bit when I look at tmcdowell, I see her gorgeous smile, her big bright eyes, and an overall very pretty young woman. Why would a doctor recommend surgery? He probably has a large mortgage, a boat, and has private tuitions to pay for. Anyone who would operate on her should be reported. martina2998, thank you for putting it so well.
Anytime! And if anyone needs an ego boost or any help with self esteem I will be more than happy to help with words of encouragement. I am always amazed at what us women will do to be accepted I accept everyone! As the saying goes you've got a friend.
It is a sad commentary on our society. By 40 women feel they need to look 20 again. If only women could see themselves as others see them and not by what they zero in on when they look in the mirror. I remember how much I loved touching my grandmother's arms and feeling her soft skin. Thank goodness she did not think she needed an overhaul. Now I am a grandmother and my grandchildren love to play with the loose skin on my hands. Do I love seeing myself looking older, no. But we can't look like girls forever. My friend and I complain about our necks or the fact that our eyelids are getting more difficult to put eyeliner on, she always says to me, "Oh well, we had it when it counted" which always makes me laugh.
Are you sure that people aren't looking at you because your pretty? I think your beautiful and have a beautiful smile and I consider myself pretty critical. I think we see our own flaws and sometimes point them out when really there's nothing to see here folks .
I keep looking at your photos and your skin is tight and I see absolutely no loose skin or wrinkles. Really.
I hope you did not have a facelift because you are very beautiful and young looking.
Thank you. I struggle with the reflection in the mirror everyday. I feel like my strange looking face is what causes people to stare at me. I am seriously going to have a melt down!
The flash and distance does me good........ Truth is that people (especially women and kids) tend stare at my strange melting face. Sometimes people even have a hard time looking me in the eye. Thus the reason a rarely go out in public now. Thank you for your sweet comment though!
You are a beautiful woman. I don't know if people are staring at you or it is part of a psychological problem. Do you have any family and/or friends to turn to for a reality check. I urge you to seek he help of a very skilled therapist. Interview a few until you feel she or he is the right fit. I am so sure your problem with your so called melting face can be helped, but not with any cosmetic procedures because you have no need for any. You look very pretty as you are. Trust me, this is in your head. Please seek help before you find a plastic surgeon or dermatologist that will take advantage of your vulnerability? I feel very badly that your self image is so skewed.
I think you look great, and in order to hold back the aging clock a face/neck lift is our future, when the time is right. All the way back in my 20's I knew someday I would have a facelift that I had no plans to age quietly but rather fighting it all the way. For the last several years, I watched and waited and lost a good deal of weight, then one morning I looked into the mirror and knew the day had arrived, my face had fallen I had jowls and for the first time, a wrinkly neck. It was no longer a question, but now a situation how fast can this be done....So what I am saying is if you are not sure, it may be a little early, maybe faxel for the fine lines, or fillers, but I would wait on the big surgery. When you do, have it done, go for the real deal, don't settle for one of those mini, quickie lifts, that don't last... And I know I said it before, but you are beautiful...
You look absolutely lovely. I can see why a Dr. would tell you to wait. BUT, if you want to take the short drive to Columbus, Ga, Call Dr. Pagadala. You could have a consult and be set up for surgery at 1 time. You could rent a motel for a few days, to be handy and for the 2 day out visit and save a lot of money. He will tell it to you straight. He did my breast ift & mid face lift on same day. It's Columbus plastic & cosmetic surgeons. (706) 327-577 Tell him Anita (the truck driver)
Thank you - I am thinking of giving him a call. Post some more pictures when you get a chance.
look at my profile picture again..... Not so tight. I look like my face is melting off and my body is not much better. Lots and lots of time spent at the beach and in tanning beds. My skin looks terrible but I sure do miss having some color. Getting old is not for the weak...... Thank you for kind words :) By the way, you look YEARS younger. Simply beautiful!
You may not have said it, so I don't know your age. But run like the wind from Dr. Colgrave. I find his "diagnosis" alarming and cynical. Obviously we all examine ourselves very critically; you may not be the 25 year-old you once were, but you are a lovely looking woman with no serious or obvious signs of aging. Find a doctor with some integrity. When I was 52 I went to see a PS who said "go home and enjoy your beauty and come back to see me in 5 years." That's what I did. (plus 3 years...I got cold feet.) but I knew he was an honorable physician. If you think you really do have body dysmorphic, plastic surgery is not the solution, because there will always be something. Fix that first or you'll be looking at a future of endless surgery and chronic dissatisfaction. I say this in kindness.
Amen. Well said. Leave your beautiful face alone!
I look much older than my 44 years. I do not believe that I have BDD. My face is melting and I just hate it. Dr. Colgrove said that I have pretty features but need to be tightened up a bit. I went in feeling like I looked pretty darn good for my age but left feeling like a monster. Some days I just want to give up. What is the point? No matter how much I go to the gym, eat right or pile on makeup....... I fighting a battle that I just will not win. Society is much more accepting of beautiful people.
Then guess what?? He is NOT the plastic surgeon for YOU. He maybe for alot of people but if he makes you feel like crud thats a bad feeling right off the top & you should move on to someone else!! Trust me I was there, I walked out of one well known PS's office in tears!!! Heck no way that man was going to get me to pay him big bucks to touch my face. He actually yelled at me for not accepting his female hormone treatments!! I was sad, then I got furious! Research other Ps's in your area but be prepared to travel (as I am).
Dr. Colgrove also told me that most Face Lift patients need touchups and a 2nf lift. I'm not sure how I fell about that. He acts like aging is a disease. You look amazing - What procedures have you had and do you find yourself wanting more?
I had upper bleph, silikon 1000 in my lips. The picture was after a liquid facelift which usually last on me about 9 months. I am going to have a neck/midface lift in 2014, I am 50. PS's aren't one size fits all, it sounds like you need to find one who isn't going to make you feel like crap & will suggest some minor tweaks to get thru till you need to bring out the big guns. You can always post your photo's to the doctors on Real Self, but take front & side views non smiling for their honest opinions (fun right? LOL). You might even find one you would like to make a consult with! :)
I have posted on here before and their honesty makes me want to jump off a bridge! :) I thought about fillers but I am scared of what I will look like when it wears off.
It just goes away very gradual, no worries, just goes back to the way it was before. But it sounds like you really want a facelift and being our own worst enemy I know what that feels like. Research, go to a few interviews then plan on 2014 being the "year for you"!!! Like many of us! :)
Interesting Suite If only we could step back & see what others see.
I was gonna ask where are the before pictures? You look like you had everything done already. I'm not kidding. You look gorgeous.
Thank you - I do have some pictures posted on the original post with no make-up.... All my pictures didn't not upload on the original post so I added some on using the review link. I really hate my face! I look so much older than 44 and I feel like people look at me like I'm an old hag.
I thought the exact same thing.