Face-lift, Brow Lift, Buccal Fat Pads Removed, Neck Liposuction - Atlanta, GA

Absolutely not worth it. I asked my well known and...

Absolutely not worth it. I asked my well known and trusted aesthetic dermatologist for opinions for facial plastic surgery docs and she did not hesitate to recommend Dr Maloney. He was recommended by someone I trusted and specialized in facial plastic surgery only - all this made me confident and excited to finally get work done that would correct a few flaws that made me self conscious.

I cannot begin to tell you how mortified I am. My brows: too high in the center, drooping on the lateral and touching lashes and the worst part is a huge indentation in my forehead. I've had botox and numerous consultations from other plastic surgeons who feel sorry for me and still can't fix it. My neck: I have neck sagging, jowels still sagging, and worst is a huge dent under my chin with irregular contour. Postop: I had a huge corneal laceration from the eye drying out during surgery, staphylococcus infection behind my ears and the worst ear infection that I was in the Emergency room and have it antibiotics and thought by 2 MDs to have an abcess. Dr. Maloney was contacted and I was being taken for a CT scan but he told the Emergency room doctor I didn’t need one... Over the phone... He was in Texas... The Emergency room doc cancelled the CT scan. I felt scared, in severe pain, medicated with iv pain meds. I was given high powered antibiotics and antifungal meds eye drops and pain meds. 2 weeks after my Ophthalmology MD said the laceration to the cornea was still there and couldn't believe an ophthalmic consult was not done in post op, that is standard medical practice with eye injury from surgery. Not doing so keeps the incidence of complications look lower.. But is against all standards of practice.

I could not hear our of my affected ear for 2 months.

As to the results of the procedures overall: it has been over a year since surgery, I don't look in the mirror, I don't take pictures. I'm growing my bangs to try and over my dented forehead, I cry a lot, I've gained weight. I feel depressed, swindled, foolish. I've seen 3 plastic surgeons since got consults to possibly fix the problems. I would love to have anything remotely close to the computer images Dr. Maloney gives you before scheduling surgery. However at this point I would be happy just to look how I did before the surgery. I absolutely look worse, obviously flawed.

Would anyone in their right mind ever allow the same surgeon to redo surgery when so much had gone wrong? I wouldn't let him touch me for free, or even if he refunded my money and gave me more.

I am now more scared than ever to have anyone try to fix it through surgery. Botox hasn't fixed anything.

The surgeons have all said the techniques Dr. Maloney used were extremely outdated and caused the volume loss, asymmetry and there is obvious laxity on my neck, cheeks and brows.

Also: I was only 42 years old when these procedures were recommended to me by Dr. Maloney. Every plastic surgeon I have been to has basically said it is ludicrous to have been recommended to have a full Face-lift at that age. I can't believe I was such a fool.

pictures

Trying to upload pictures

For some reason my pictures aren't loading.. Sorry
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

See above

Love to see if you can up-load. So sorry
Thank you for sharing your experience on RealSelf!
I am so sorry to hear your story. Thank you for posting, you are a beautiful woman to warn others. I hope that you find someone to help. Best wishes ans I will say a prayer for you.
So sorry to hear that. I am6 weeks post op a no problems. Dr Quiroz at Cosmed clinic came highly recommended and much cheaper than in the u s or canada and to me is better than most, you can google him and a Cosmed clinic in Tijuana which is state of the art and do some research. If you have any questions, please ask away . Good luck
I had a facelift about 5 months ago. While I have no regrets and am very pleased with the results, the underlying concern prior to the surgery is overwhelming and the greatest fear is having a failed result. You mention that you have consulted with 3 other plastic surgeons. Have you consulted with Seth Yellin, Marietta? I used to live in GA and was contemplating my f/l there as I have family in the area. I decided to have my surgery in my hometown instead but I did like Dr. Yellin's credentials. I believe he treats only the face and with his years of expertise, I would think he has seen some bad results and has done corrective surgery. Volume can be restored with filler. I wish you good luck, you certainly deserve it.