Chin Implant Nerves - Atlanta, GA

I'm having a chin implant done on the 3rd of June,...

I'm having a chin implant done on the 3rd of June, and I'm growing extremely nervous. Can anyone tell me their experience with the surgery, the amount of pain that I should expect, the recovery time I should need, and any other things you wish you knew before the surgery? Are you happy? What size did you get? Any info would be helpful.

Who did your surgery? I am also looking to do an implant in ATL. Did you like your results? Does the cost include anesthesia?
I just had my chin done this past Tuesday. I have been in non stop excruciating pain. Pain killers do help but it's just temporary relief. I see my doc this Tue for my 1 wk post op visit. Anxious to find out what is going on & why I was not warned about all his pain. My implant must be sitting on a nerve, that's he only thing I can think of because the swelling is not real bad.

I wouldn't do it. In my opinion, my chin wasn't that bad but my doctors kept on pushing it. I want it taken out but my doctors are strongly against it. It's been a year and my left side is still tingly. It was hard for the first week to eat and was fed soup and soft food. Horrible. But I also had lipo done on my double chin so that added to the pain.

I had a chin implant done over a year ago (medpore) and I still feel tingly. I want it taken out but my doctors say it'll make my profile less pleasing. I will sacrifice aesthetics for feeling in my chin. I wouldn't do it. The recovery was pretty bad because I also did lipo. I was fed soup and soft food for a week because of all the numbness in my chin. My left side is still tingly.

I had mine 7 days ago...my minor nose surgey was more painful then my chin. I was only able to eat small amounts of steamed vegetables for most meals and some small cut up chicken. I have to say a chin implant is pretty easy.
I just had mine done 3 days ago. I had mine done intra oral under general anesthesia with a medpore implant. For me waking up I was about a 6/10 for pain. It wasn't the worst pain I have ever felt but it certainly is uncomfortable. I still have a large amount of swelling. I never had any bruising and I think that's because I had it done intraoral. I also used Arnica gel right away on it. The only real complaint I have at this point is the numbness and tingling in my lower lip and chin. For me, it's worse than the pain. I'm hoping this will subside soon. I can't tell if I'm happy with the results yet because I'm still so swollen. My dr never gave me any compression bandages because I didn't get chin lipo have no visible wound. H was told to put ice on for 10 mins every hour and try to remain in a semi-reclined position as much as possible. Hope this helps! Good luck with your surgery!

Best wishes on your upcoming chin implant, keep us posted with your pre-op appointments and what you decide on!