Brow Lift - Atlanta, GA

To freshen my face, open up my eyes, get rid of...

To freshen my face, open up my eyes, get rid of skin under neck. I had experienced a divorce and my faced looked as weary as I felt. The doctor recommended a brow lift and the results were beautiful. However, read on to see what happened as a consequence of the surgery. My experience with the doctor was wonderful. He was caring, kind and very good. The follow-up care was good and initially looked like I had healed well. Unfortunately the procedure triggered in me an autoimmune response that brought me to my knees.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

I had an extreme adverse reaction to my brow lift. It TRIGGERED the onset of an autoimmune connective tissue disorder that manifested with non-healing lesions on my body and made my hair grow in crazy whirls trapped in an excretion of a keratin-like substance. I went to at least 7 doctors before I was diagnosed. The scalp, 5 years later, remains very painful and I continue to unknot hair where it has intertwined (a manifestation of my connective tissue problem) and is pulling at my scalp. I would urge anyone with a connective tissue disorder or related to STAY AWAY from any elective surgeries. I can still feel exactly where the staples were in my head. The doctor was wonderful and the outcome beautiful cosmetically, so my review is not a reflection on his work. I would never have had this done had I known how my body would react. In guess there's a useful lesson here in that even the best of surgeries can go badly.