Speechless, Tommorow is the SMALL day (1/26/2012) - Atlanta, GA

Since the age of about 13 I have had overly large...

Since the age of about 13 I have had overly large breast, now at the age of 25yrs old I 'am a size 38N- yes as in Nancy! After years and years of insurance denials, chronic back pain and self consciousness, I have finally gotten approved to receive a breast reduction on 1/26/2012.

Words cannot express how happy and blessed I feel. My only regret is that I have not lost the weight I set out to lose before time. Within the last 3 years I have picked up about 55lbs. I 'am a shapely woman regardless and I desire to be about a 12/13, I'm now a 16/18.

My fear is that if I lose the weight post surgery the results of my breast reduction will change? I only want to lose about 55lbs. If possible I would love some in sight about weight lose after a breast reduction? I also do not know what size I'm going to, I hoping maybe a big C or 34D. I'm assuming this is something the Doc discusses last? Not sure but my surgery is on this Thursday. Comment welcome! I will be staying overnight and return to work in 10 days...... I have a office job I hope everything will be ok. Please give insight.

I need to go to sleep have to wake up at 4:00am,...

I need to go to sleep have to wake up at 4:00am, scheduled to arrive at 5:30am. I'm soooooOooooo excited. Well check in soon enough!

I showered a couple of days after my surgery and didn't have any problems. My PS recommended antibacterial soap...I used Antibacterial Safeguard...and at first I did nothing more than just stand with my back to the water. Then a couple of days later I used the soap on my body being very gentle with my incisions. I healed wonderfully and the shower really helped me relax!
Glad your boobs are great. Post pics if you don't mind.
Everything went well and I love my nuboobs. The pain is almost nonexistent, however my throat is still sore and I've had a 24 hour headache. Doc says I'm a d and my surgical bra says 38. Although to me that look like a C cup. My doc also said it was ok to take a shower and put water on them. I'm afraid though.
Hope everything went well!
Welcome to RealSelf! This is a great place to get lots of information and support. I am 5 months post-op and very happy that I finally did this.

Did your insurance company set a minimum as to the amount of tissue that has to be removed? When you met with your surgeon did you discuss the size you wanted to be? Right before surgery he/she will mark you and you can readdress your desires at that time.

I had started at a 34H and am currently a 34DD. I'm still a bit bigger than I had wanted to be but do have to admit that I have put on about 5 pounds since surgery. I don't know why, as most people tend to lose weight since they are so much more mobile without all of that weight and the pain the breasts caused. I am determined to get this off and will hopefully lose at least another cup size when I do. You can check out the Review by Kimmers. She has pictures of herself and I know she lost a signifcant amount of weight after her breast reduction. That may be helpful to show you the change in shape that she went through. Unfortunately diet and exercise seem to be the only thing that works to take off the weight, and for some reason I have taken to baking in the last few months and boy am I enjoying it too much!

Good luck as your date approaches this week. If I can be of any help just give me a holler!
Thanks so much for your response! I actually spoke w/ my doc today and he said I will probably go to a Large C or Small D. I won't know the exact size untill afterwards, I guess. I also expressed that I wanted to lose about 50lbs and he said it will not effect the results because of the way he is doing the procedure. I'm very excited!
Good luck with your surgery I hope it goes well, you sound so positive. I had my op on Sat 21 Jan and was a 34H and am now a 34C, can't believe the difference I'm amazed that a D cup is now too large for me. I'm still recovering and taking one day at a time.
Best wishes.