Too Premature to Rate Results; Painless Recovery - Atlanta, GA

46 y.o. 5'8", 145 lbs.,formerly a 36dd. Had the...

46 y.o. 5'8", 145 lbs.,formerly a 36dd. Had the reduction on 11/9/12. My pre-op instruction to my surgeon was 'they can't be too small or too perky". I would love to be a scant B, but though it has only been 2 weeks and there may be some residual swelling, it looks like I'm a C. I decided to post because (1) I appreciated the candor of the women who posted here and reviewed them closely prior to scheduling my surgery and (2) most reports of post-operative discomfort did not mirror my experience and I wanted to give a different perspective.

To set the stage, the most unpleasant aspect of this entire experience has been the doctor's reluctance to clear me for participation in spin classes. I had the procedure on a Friday morning and had a considerable amount of nausea afterward. Was sore Friday and Saturday, but NOT in pain. Perhaps it's because no muscles were cut and my dr used the lollipop incision, no drains. I haven't taken anything for pain relief stronger than acetaminophen. Not because I was being a martyr....because it simply was not necessary. I walked a couple of miles on Saturday and Sunday, worked from home a half day on Monday and was back to work, at a stand up desk, on Tuesday, 4 days after the surgery.

On most of the 12 days since surgery, I have either walked 3 miles at a quick pace or done lower-body yoga. I am very frustrated that I haven't yet been cleared to go back to my spin classes because I feel like I've healed, but I've decided not to take a chance even though I think the likelihood of an adverse event is less than remote. I have a dr visit next Weds and intend to get cleared for my pre-surgery activities.

My purpose in sharing this information is to let the more physically active women considering this surgery know that this is not a procedure that necessarily keeps you out of commission for more than a few days.

Welcome to the community.

I understand that sitting around and waiting is hard...but it is necessary to heal properly.  Even though you feel great and pain in minimal; you are still healing.  You will be back up and running/spinning soon enough.  Hang on and you will get there.

I am in the same situation, only missed one day of exercise, that was the surgery day. I walked the very next day being sure not to bounce too much. I cannot wait to be cleared for spin and full body yoga BUT not willing to mess up the excellent work of my PS!