34 Years Old, Breast Cancer, Double Mastectomy with Implants for Reconstruction - Atlanta, GA

As part of my breast cancer treatment plan, I...

As part of my breast cancer treatment plan, I needed to have a double mastectomy with reconstruction following my chemotherapy. I interviewed three plastic surgeons, one of which was Dr. Mark Codner. Dr. Codner is the only surgeon who offered me the "direct-to-implant" method while also considering my breast size preference. The other two surgeons informed me that I could go direct to implant only if I wanted to remain an A-cup. Otherwise, I would need to go through the expander process followed by the implant placement surgery. By selecting Dr. Codner and his "direct-to-implant" method, my reconstruction was over after only one surgery and I am now a D-cup when I was previously an A-cup. My breasts look absolutely fabulous and I am able to exercise every day with no pain at all. If I would have selected one of the other surgeons, I would still be getting my expanders filled, have the implant placement surgery hanging over my head, and possibly not be able to exercise at 100% effort. I am thrilled to be able to put breast cancer behind me, take care of my very young children and move on with my life three months sooner than I expected. And for those ladies who enjoy exercising on a regular basis, I was able to return to my normal exercise routine (i.e., weights, running, spin, yoga) at 100% effort six weeks post-surgery. I was exercising at about 50%-75% effort four weeks post- surgery. Thanks Dr. Codner!
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Codner is very personal and is a perfectionist, which is exactly what I was looking for in a plastic surgeon. He understands that I am a mother of two young children and he was very excited to offer me the "direct-to-implant" method for my breast reconstruction in order to cut down on the process time. The nurses and staff members at Dr. Codner's practice are also wonderful. I would highly recommend Dr. Codner to others.