Botox First-timer - Atlanta, GA

I had Botox on Saturday for the first time. I...

I had Botox on Saturday for the first time. I didn't know what to expect, but I have been thinking about it for about a year now. I am 27 years old and my forehead horizontal lines are becoming more permanent fixtures on my face, likely from sun damage and staring at a computer all day. I had a very strong "1" and a slight "11" according to the doctor, and she said that since I am younger, Botox would be a great option for me to help with the horizontal forehead lines. It was $8.00/unit of Botox and I had 43 units administered. I had a $50 coupon for it though, so it was $294 for 43 units.

It felt like 5 little pinches on my forehead, two between my eyebrows, and one a bit lower between my eyebrows that was more painful, but definitely tolerable.

yesterday, (one day post-botox) i had a very light bruising sensation near the injection sites, but no bruising. I had a few reddish dots at the injection sites too, but again, nothing that concealer couldn't handle.

so almost 3 days out, i can see a slight difference already in my forehead wrinkles and am pleased with my decision to get Botox.

So, with this being my first time, anyone with advice or info on what to expect in the next few days or weeks I would love to hear it!!! :)

Oh, so you are at 5 days now - are the areas completely still??

My areas are NOT completely still, but I can definitely tell a difference. I can still raise my eyebrows, more so on my left side than right, and when i frown I still have the major "1" in front of my left eyebrow. I'm considering going back to ask for a touch-up. Is that reasonable to ask? Any thoughts?

I think it is totally reasonable. From my experience most offices want you to come back after 2 weeks to check things and do a touch-up if needed. Do keep in mind that each office can have different policies around who pays for the touch-up, so it might be worth asking when you call to schedule it.

Here is a Q&A that gives some insight into different policies:

Do You Have to Pay for Botox Touchups?

It has been 10 days since my Botox, and I think it...

It has been 10 days since my Botox, and I think it needed a 7-8 days to take full effect for me. I can move my forehead a bit and move my eyebrows together, but not NEARLY to the extent I could 5 days ago. my forehead lines are almost gone and my skin looks great. I could have probably gotten a bit more on my left side between my eyebrows or gone for a touch-up, but with it being my first time I opted not to and just see how this went.
botox takes about a week after the injection to fully paralyize the muscles. botox in the frown lines area won't make your '11' go away if the lines are already deep set, which they appear to be from your pictures. the collagen there has been worn away, so you'll need a dermal filler too.
thanks, Megan!

I decided to call the clinic and go back for a...

i decided to call the clinic and go back for a "touch up" today, as it has been one month since I had botox and still have a strong "1" in between my eyebrows.

Dr. McKenna said i have a great forehead result but i should have come back within a week vs. a month. Their "touch-up" policy is that they will do up to 10 additional units within 7 days after the injection for free.

He injected 10 additional units between my eyebrows and charged me for 8 ($64). he said to come back in may or june and it should be fine and on schedule. I posted another picture to show what lines I am referring to, again... this is one month out from original botox injection and before the 10-additional units injected today. I will post another photo in a week. The total cost of the botox is now $358 for 53 units of botox.
It's interesting that you had to wait so long to see results. When I had mine done about a month ago I saw results the very next day. I posted a review here with pics but apperantly it takes some time nefore the site will post it. Good luck with your results and keep your eyes opened for my review.
thank you for the insight! i asked the doctor about a filler, but he said he thought i just needed more botox between the brows and would re-evaluate in June. I had an additional 10 units added today.

Hi everyone! after the 'touch-up' administered by...

Hi everyone! after the 'touch-up' administered by Dr. McKenna, I can REALLY tell a difference. the '1' is now gone and it still looks pretty natural... I don't have that "freshly injected" or completely expressionless. I am so far happy with my results!

Also, I never bruised or had swelling at the injection sites
yes- i agree! but hopefully this time will work for a few months. thanks for your feedback! looking forward to keeping up with your reviews... its always helpful to have a wonderful community like RealSelf for insight & experiences!
Shape Wellness Center

I chose to come to Shape Med because I have my laser hair removal done here and they have received the Black Diamond distinction from Allegran (maker of Botox), which is great considering how affordable it is.