Botched Rhinoplasty- 35 Year Old Female- Revision Rhinoplasty on Horizon with New Dr. 12 Years Later - Atlanta, GA

I had rhinoplasty done by Dr. Burnstein and 12...

I had rhinoplasty done by Dr. Burnstein and 12 years later I will be having revision rhinoplasty performed by another Dr. this year. My nose is quite a mess. Visible scarring, very visible asymmetry, deviated septum, breathing problems and all-and-all not a pretty or well-functioning nose. Having surgery is quite a big deal, I will now be paying thousands of dollars more to try to fix what has become of my nose. It is very unnerving and very scary to go through process again, knowing that secondary surgeries are more taxing. I am a 35 year old female and I had my surgery in 2002. The surgeon I am going to now (I had consultations with multiple) said Dr. Burnstein was aggressive in what he took out of my nose, leaving it to continually change over the years, the internal support structure is not in tact lost integrity over the years and will continue to do so as I age. I would have done revision earlier, but it is obviously costly, time consuming and after knowing that it can turn out not well, a very scary venture.
Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dear Ali5420, The main goal for our rhinoplasty patients is to address both function and aesthetic concerns while providing the utmost quality care. We are sorry that we are just hearing about your dissatisfaction with your results. Rhinoplasty is considered an extremely involved surgery and one of the most difficult and complex facial procedures. Because of the intricacies of the nose’s contours, over time as the nose heals and surgical swelling subsides, bones and cartilage may cause an unplanned change in the shape or structure of the nose which is why follow up appointments are of utmost importance and it is crucial to know about these changes when they occur. We always maintain an open door policy and if you would like to discuss any of your concerns further, we would be more than happy to talk with you. Please give us a call at (404) 256-1311 at your earliest convenience.
Who have your consulted with? I am needing major repair from a previous surgery. I feel very lost. Every time I think I've found "the" surgeon I find bad reviews :-(
Good luck with your revision! I have seen some excellent outcomes from revision so know that there is much hope :)
I am sorry you had to go through this. Please know you're not alone. Actually your story is very similar to mine. I had my primary in 2001 and next week I am scheduled for a revision with another surgeon. My nose is also a mess except that I don't have functional issues. Good luck to you and I look forward to your updates.
Thank you. I plan to have the revision surgery on April 10th and will post pictures. It's taken years for me to have the courage for the second surgery, I'm both nervous and excited!
Good to hear you are having the op on April 10th. It also took me years to make the decision. This forum helps me a lot. Please keep us posted.
zooster who are you having do your revision? I need help in finding a surgeon.
Hi Valerie91288. Dr. Kofi Boahene is my revision surgeon. I posted a review hear, you can check my profile to see it. My revision is next Tuesday.
Thank you.
Good luck with your revision.
Thank you!