Excited but Scared...- Atlanta, GA

Hi I am scheduled to have my nose done in about a...

Hi I am scheduled to have my nose done in about a month, I can't even begin to describe how nervous I am and have even been rethinking this decision. my family thinks I'm crazy for considering it in the first place but its something I've wanted ever since high school. My biggest fear is that my expectations might be too high and I won't be happy with the results but I'm paying all this money so expectations should be high right??

I'm so glad you're here and that you started your story on RealSelf! Yes, you should have high expectations, but make sure you're expecting improvement but not perfection. I truly hope this is a positive journey for you and that it's smooth sailing.

Here's a list of supplies you might need as you heal.

Please keep us updated on your progress. Less than a month to go!

Preop pics

Congrats on making your decision! Don't worry about how other people feel about it. But do make sure you have the right expectations about the surgery and cast removal. It takes time to see your early results (at least a month). If you go on in mentally prepared for this, your post-op experience will be a much happier one
Does he accept payments or paid in full at the time of surgery?
It has to be paid in full at the time of surgery...I paid half of his fee when I first booked my date and the other half a few weeks ago. They prefer u to pay his total fee when you book your appt though

Preop pics

Ok so idk what happened to my preop pics but here are a few...I'm having surgery in exactly a week and am still soooo nervous.
Good luck!
AWW..yeah Iam also looking for a doctor. I live in ATL as well, so maybe I ll go to a consultation as well. I think your very pretty but I can see how a little nose job can really ENHANCE your beauty bc Im in the same boat. I love my features but I think a nose job will boost my confidence, so dont be nervous. Think about all the millions of people that also got a nose job and was happy with the results. Question; did you pay in full or installments?

Day after..

so far I'm feeling good..it looks worse than it is, I have just about everything on my face-cast, tape, drip pad..but I'm not having any pain and so glad I finally got this done! My WHOLE face is swollen even my lips but I know all that will eventually go down. I go back to the dr on Monday so hopefully he removes the cast then.

Day after pic

You are pretty. I hope your nose turns out well.
Glad you're feeling ok. What exactly did he do?

Cast off

Today I went to go get my cast taken off!! So far I'm very happy with my results, he said I still have a lot of swelling and alot of it will go down within the next couple of weeks. Right now my nose is taped til Thursday..so glad I got all that stuff taken off!!
I'm like 2 hours from Atlanta.im researching soul food restaurants.is busy bees or gladis knight better? Also how is your nose
I have no idea lol never been to either one of em but I hear a lot about Gladys knights restaurant..it's doing a lot better girl thanks
When do you finally see your nose and do it feel different or smaller

Tape off!!

Today I got the tape taken off my nose..it's REALLY swollen. Everyone says it looks the same just the skin looks more smooth but I can tell a difference. I look so awkward right now, but it still looks better than my old nose did..I know it takes patience so I will be patiently waiting for the swelling to go down. The left side of my face is still more swollen than the right side so face looks kinda crooked.
OMG it looks so good. I'm so sad I had to reschedule bc I was called into work :-(. So now I go see him the first week of Jan. I'll def keep you updated. Can you take a profile pic, and a nostril pic when yo get some time. Thanks luv! xoxo
Thx girl!! I just need to get past this stage and ill be good..ill post a couple pics :-)
Oh yea that sucks I was there earlier and thought about how ur consultation went lol but at least u don't have to wait long

Nostrils and side

So I dolled myself up alil lol I think I'll like the result once everything heals and swelling goes down :-)

Day 10

I'm amazed at how my nose is changing daily, I can already see a difference than how it looked yesterday. Swelling is down alittle but still a working progress, I'm so glad I found this site because I know I wouldn't of been prepared for this process had I not read about other peoples experience. It's getting better by the day.
Wow I really like dr zaworksi reviews and Susan seems so nice and got back to me immediately. I would love to get surgery over spring break and I was wondering how you felt after 7 days and the amount of swelling you had.
Looks really good
OMG so beautiful

Looking better

Swelling has gone down a lot in a week!! I'm loving my nose more and more by the day, and everyone says it looks just like my old nose but smaller, people who don't know about it haven't mentioned anything about me looking different which is good..its crazy how changing one little thing gave me so much more confidence in myself!!!
Glad u had great turn out but I can't see any of your pix from my iPhone :-(
Thx guys for all the support and positive feedback!!
You look amazing. Did he use cartilage from your ear by any chance? Also do you think it elongates your face? I plan to see HDR zaworksi or dr whiteman who did nene's nose job.
Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

So far the staff has been really nice and reassuring, I've heard only good things about Dr. Z so that helps ease my nerves.