31/m Breast Reduction and Lipo. Overall Quite Pleased. - Atlanta, GA

I had liposuction and breast reduction with Dr...

I had liposuction and breast reduction with Dr Jeffords earlier this summer. It was actually my third major plastic surgery operation after losing 100 lbs: I'd previously had a breast reduction and body lift surgery, both several years earlier.

My original breast reduction did not go so well. It was with a doctor in Florida who apparently wasn't particularly experienced with male breast reduction surgery. The first surgeon left lots of residual tissue and didn't advise me that I should wait until I'm done with weight loss before the surgery, so the "leftover" tissue sagged in the months that followed. Flash forward several years (and one agonizing body lift), I found myself reasonably fit, but still disappointed in my leftover breasts. I'd heard of Dr Jeffords in Atlanta and that he was one of the more experienced surgeons when it comes to dealing with male breasts. On a whim I decided to schedule a consultation.

I met him a few days later, and Dr Jeffords spent lots of time showing me examples of the work he'd done before. Overall I was impressed, and eager to have a flat chest for a change. I was also impressed by the cost; my original breast reduction surgery was several thousand more, even though it was way back in 2008. Dr Jeffords' fee is reasonable and fair. Dr Jeffords and his staff are all nice, friendly folks. They've all been surprisingly helpful and warm. Dr Jeffords really seems to take pride in making people look good, which I took as a good sign.

After the surgery, the recovery wasn't bad at all. I wasn't in much pain, and was able to return to my work-from-home job the next day. The worst part of the recovery was having the drains removed (which honestly wasn't that bad - just unpleasant). It's been about five weeks since the operation and I'm quite pleased with the results. There is still some swelling, but it's softening up, and I'm still wearing the compression garment so I'm hoping the majority will dissipate over the next few months. I know that the swelling is mostly my body's responsibility - not the surgeon, and everyone heals differently. But even with the bit of swelling that's left (5 weeks after the operation) I look a lot better than I did before.

Dr J managed to clean up most of what the previous surgeon left over. He also trimmed up my abdomen and love handles (which wasn't a part of my original plan, but I decided to have him do them as well since the additional cost didn't add that much in the grand scheme of the operation).

I look much better - family tells me I look trimmer, and I'm excited to finally wear t-shirts and polos without wondering how my man-boobs look. Overall I'm quite pleased with the results and with Dr Jeffords. I'm looking forward to the confidence boost to come over the next few decades as a result of finally correcting a cosmetic issue that had been bothering me my whole life.
Smyrna Plastic Surgeon