Can't Wait for Itty Bitties! - Atlanta, GA

I began developing at 9 years old. My boobs have...

I began developing at 9 years old. My boobs have always been big and the girls in my family used to tell my that I'm lucky and that I was "blessed." I thought so too. I'm 28 years old and started my career about 3 years ago. Ever since then, I have noticed more and more back aches. Now I have this chronic shoulder pain. My posture sucks and I always have aches in the muscles between my shoulder blades. I was clueless as to what was causing all this and then one day, not too long ago, a lightbulb went off and I realized it was....my boobs!

I'm a 36 DDD. My boobs are big and they sag. I've done a ton of research on BR since deciding to get one about a month ago. My sternum to nipple measurement is 31 cm. I am looking forward to small and perky boobs.

I live in Atlanta and have United Healthcare Choice Plus. I have done a bunch of research on plastic surgeons in the area and have decided to have consultations with two-one that is covered by my insurance and one that isn't, but has a great reputation. I picked my surgeons based on their online before and after pictures and ratings they have gotten on different websites. I find that most PS have had a few bad reviews. My PS that is covered by insurance has gotten good and bad reviews. His pictures online are great.

I'm looking for a small C/large B size. I am also going to get liposuction on the sides-I want to make sure I have good definition and natural looking results.

I scheduled my consultations for January, after all the holiday stress. I'm looking forward to it, but I'm definitely worried about what could go wrong.

If anyone happens to know of a plastic surgeon that does great breast reductions in the Atlanta area, please let me know. Thanks!

Hello all! The past couple of months have been...

Hello all! The past couple of months have been incredibly busy for me at work, making it hard to focus on the consultations; therefore, I decided to postpone the consultation. I rescheduled one with the doctor that takes my insurance. That appointment will be on March 6th.

I have been reading what you ladies have had to say over the past few months. I'm ecstatic for the women that have gone through with the procedure and have had the results they were looking for. It gives me hope during the times when I am second guessing my decision to have this done.

So, I'm still playing the waiting game, at least for another 3 weeks.

Will keep you ladies updated. I hope everyone (and their boobs!) have a great day!

Hi all! Finally had my consult for the breast...

Hi all! Finally had my consult for the breast reduction. The surgeon is looking to remove roughly 750 gm from the left breast, and about 500 gm from the right breast. He is recommending the Lejour method, where there is only the vertical scar and no horizontal scar in the crease. He estimated my bra size to be a G, and wants to take me down to a D in order to make my breasts fit with my body type. He recommends me not going to the Large B/small C cup I was requesting, saying it would be too small for me. After he left the room, his assistant also spoke with me, and recommended staying at a D.

He also said that the resulting shape is better with the Lejour method, saying that breasts are more likely to take on a "boxy" shape with the traditional Wise method. He says the shape that would look best on me is a full, round shape, with a sloping nipple. He says that I'm not at the size where I would require the Wise method and that I'm at a current size that would do well with the Lejour method.

He will be putting in my papers to get insurance approval, but I definitely get the feeling he didn't want me to rely on insurance to tell me what size to be. I do feel he wants the best looking result, whether insurance pays or not. And, to tell you the truth, I got a pretty decent quote for the breast reduction, as well as lipo to my axilla, back, flank, and hips. It will be very doable for me to get financing and make affordable monthly payments.

So, as of now, they are going to go ahead and submit the paperwork to insurance, while I decide how much say I want the insurance companies to have over my breasts.

Anybody here have experience with the Lejour incisions??? If so, I would love to hear about it, please message me or leave a post. I look forward to hearing from you!

So I have been researching and researching. I've...

So I have been researching and researching. I've been looking at the standard "T" incisions and comparing them to the Lejour (the method my PS is recommending.) I'm seeing great results with both methods. My PS said there is a chance of "boxy" boobs with the standard T incisions, but through my research, it looks like both methods have a chance of that occurring. The scars are definitely favorable with the Lejour, as there is no incision in the inframammary crease. PS said the inframammary crease is the incision that is most at risk for keloids and hypertrophic scarring. And I have also noticed that the Lejour can more consistently give the shape I have been looking for. But it is a newer method, and I'm wondering how much of a learning curve is associated with the procedure.

I have my consult with the second PS coming up in about a week and a half. This appointment is with a surgeon that does NOT participate with insurance, but she has a huge amount of experience and research on breast reconstruction. I'm looking forward to what she has to say. It will be interesting to see if she recommends the same techniques as the first surgeon.

The PS that participates with my insurance has sent off the paperwork, so we''ll see if I'm approved. For me, the shape and size is more important than getting it covered by insurance, as I do not have kids and minimal monthly expenses.

That's it for now. Will continue to google boobies like a teenage boy =)

Still doing Internet searches for plastic surgeons...

Still doing Internet searches for plastic surgeons. Came across one with pics of some of the most gorgeous post op results. Don't think he participates with my insurance, as he is not listed in my insurance carrier's directory. But his results and experience and reviews are amazing. He has a bunch of pictures and the breasts turn out just how I have been wanting. Calling today to make the appt.

I got news from my insurance company and I have...

I got news from my insurance company and I have NOT been approved for coverage. I've decided that I will not pursue getting insurance approval. It's kind of a pain, and I'm not interested in having anyone decide how much tissue to remove besides myself.

Sooo...I have a consult with Dr. N, a plastic surgeon in Atlanta with some of the best post op pics I've seen. Looks like he does a lot of short scar techniques. After doing a ton of research on the vertical incision BR, I've decided that it is the way I want to go. Looks like I will be having roughly 500-750 grams removed from each breast, and this technique is supposed to be good for removals of less than 750 gm. There will only be the scar going around my nipple and down to the crease.

So that's it. My consult is on Tuesday. I'm hoping things go well, and that I feel comfortable with the surgeon and the technique he will be using. I'm ready to book the surgery and get it done. I'm hoping to get it done the first week of June. That's the only time I will be able to take two weeks off.

Will update after my consult!

Surgery is scheduled! After going to two...

Surgery is scheduled! After going to two consultations and endless research, I have picked a doctor and scheduled my surgery. It's set for June 8th, with my pre-op scheduled for May 24th. I have requested my days off at work, and now all I have to do is wait and keep myself healthy. My PS wants me to start taking iron, which I am, along with prenatal multivitamins. I'm eating very healthy, and making sure to get in lots of protein. I'm making lists of things to buy for the recovery period.

It's been an interesting and, at times, intimidating process. But I'm ready. I'm scared I'll get a bad result, but I'm hopeful and I trust my surgeon to gives gorgeous boobs. I'm doing my part to stay healthy...and calm.

I picked my surgeon because his foremost concern was to give me beautiful breasts, with minimal incisions, and he was confident we could do that. I'm going with the doc that is doing the Lejour method, and I'm excited because the shape that comes from the Lejour is so pretty. His prices are very reasonable for me, compared with the other consult who was charging me a price that was WAY out of my league. I could buy a brand new Toyota for the price he quoted me. And he was talking about doing different incision types on each boob! No thanks!

As far as financing goes, I was NOT approved for insurance. Carecredit approved me for $5800 and the rest will come out of pocket.

Hello Pearls, I'm glad u were able to find a surgeon you liked...I am currently 9 days post op and so far I have no Regrets...Good Lick with everything :-)
***luck**
Thanks! So helpful!

Here is a link to some helpful information on the Lejour Vs Hall Findlay Breast Reduction: How Do These Techniques Differ?

Proceed when you are 100% ready:)  No rush here.

Hi there, thanks for checking in! I had a few things come up so I had to postpone my consultations. I rescheduled them for February and I'll be sure to update then.
Pearls, Have u been to any of the consultations yet? If so, how did it go?
You are so welcome. Still trying to get used to looking down. Sooo different. It gets better everyday. Good Luck and keep in touch.
I'm soooo happy to hear that because one of my consultations is with Dr. Davoudi! Thank you for posting your comment, it eases a lot of my anxiety!
Please research your doctor completely. I am now 4 weeks post op. I had BC/BS insurance and was approved in three days for Dr. Davoudi in Duluth. His office and staff have been so comforting and supportive. That all becomes very important in this process. Good luck to you.
Hi! Good luck! I was wondering if you could PM me the name of the PS who does take insurance? I am on the hunt for one with good before and afters and having a hard time :/
I won't know anything until I meet with the PS in January. I'm not even completely sure I will be covered. But I will be sure to keep posting as I learn more.
Hello Pearls77, I live in the Macon, Ga area and also have UHC choice Plus coverage that starts 2012. I plan to start my breast reduction Journey once my coverage starts in 2012. Good Luck with your consultation and keep us posted. Have u already gathered info for the insurance company once u pick your plastic surgeon? If so can U give me some tips on what I will need.

Welcome to RealSelf:)  I am happy you found us and posted your journey.

I am glad to  hear that you are doing some good research for a doctor.  It's important to have 2-3 consults and make sure that you are totally comfortable with the surgeon.  Here is a link to the Atlanta Surgeons who participate on RealSelf.  You will find other patient reviews as well.  Do let us know if you have questions about anything.