Surgery set for July 18th!!!- Atlanta, GA

I've always had large breasts. I'm...

I've always had large breasts. I'm currently a 34G, I'm 5'1.5" and very active. Im tired of the back, neck, shoulder pain, indentations, expensive bras, needing safety pins to keep my button down shirts in place where it gaps from my large breasts, body image issues and everything else that comes with having large breasts. I was approved by my insurance company a few years ago but I chickened out, lol. I'm waiting on insurance approval now. So.. as I start my journey how many PS did you guys see before deciding on one and what else should I be doing in preparation. What if I think their too small, ( i think a B cup is too small). Lol, I'm already nervous and I haven't even gotten the OK from Cigna.

Still waiting on insurance approval..I'm driving...

Still waiting on insurance approval..I'm driving myself crazy trying to find everything possible I need to know. Lol, I'm on this site EVERY day.

Hello all!!! So after a month I finally heard back...

Hello all!!! So after a month I finally heard back from PS....MY BREAST REDUCTION HAS BEEN APPROVED!!!! :)
I have scheduled another appt with PS bcz I am strongly considering a tummy tuck also. I work out and eat properly (90% of the time) and my abs are my sore spot. I'm planning on a July date for surgery, I have to wait on my mom to have some free time. I'm planning on taking about a month off from work if I combine procedures. I cant tell you enough how helpful this website has been. i tell everyone about it. So that's my update for now. I'll keep you guys posted. I've started collecting supplies to help me through recovery :).Positive thoughts and a great, speedy recovery for everyone!! Peace.

JULY 18TH SURGERY DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had another...

JULY 18TH SURGERY DATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Had another consultation with ps today just to make sure we are on the same page. He thinks I'll end up a C cup. I am hoping for a D but we'll see. I just dont want to be too small for my frame since I have broad shoulders. Made a payment and my mom is making reservations to be here by the 13th! I'm surrpised I'm not as excited as I thought I'd be but I imagine as D Day gets closer I will.

Hello All!! And so the count down has begun.....

Hello All!! And so the count down has begun.. Surgery is scheduled for July 18th. I have my preop tomorrow and i have to say I had a mild panic attack a few hours ago. My mom is here, Ive cleaned, grocery shopped and set up my post op area. I have decided to add a tummy tuck to my breast reduction and will be doing a review there for anyone interested. Lol, I have already started giving away my current bras and realize I have almost nothing left. Im still nervous about being too small but Im taking Kates new boobs advice..

Hey all, I'm sorry i havent been posting as I...

Hey all, I'm sorry i havent been posting as I should. Im still in some pain esp. my back. I think my boobs are too small and I still havent seen what my stomach looks like. finally had a BM after 5 days, basically having a pity party right now. All i want to do is sleep. No appetite today....later all

Today is definitely better than yesterday. Slept thru the night on a better sofa and what a difference! I'll post pics soon cuz I know you guys are wanting to see. Thank you sooo much for the support!
Sending you lots of good energy! Our new bodies definitely take some getting used to. Listen to what your friends and family say to you. And most importantly, be kind to yourself through your your healing process. You are so strong to have gotten to this point! Cheers!
Hang in there: better times are ahead! Yesterday was my pity party: I was convinced I looked flat and fat..thought I'd be the only BR patient to end up in an A cup! Today I went for my post-op and the PS thinks I'll be a C cup. Sure enough, I got home and tried on a size C sports bra & it fits fine. I think we lose perspective on what a normal size is. You're going to look fantastic, & hopefully every day you'll be feeling better too.
I'm sorry you aren't feeling well, try taking miralax every morning. I took it in my coffee every morning and had no trouble with constipation, plus I was drinking a ton of water which was a huge change for me. I just forced water and that seemed to be what I needed. I have been having pain in my suture areas, but I think healing for this surgery is very long to feel yourself. Try not to worry about your size right now, they will continue to change for a while and you just need to process the huge change. I really believe you will be happy after it's all said and done. I'm here if you need anything! Keep your head up!
I'm excited for you, you are going to do fabulous. I'm sure you are already recovering well as we speak!!!
Ha! Yes, Nurse Rachett! Everything is all ready for tomorrow. Nail polish off, jewellry gone, low sodium crackers and cough drops near the door so I don't forget. I even have two bags of candy for the pre-op and PACU nurses cuz you know how we LOVE to eat, lol. Positve thoughts to all!!!
Awe that's so sweet of you, I had an awesome pre op and recovery nurse but my nurse on the floor sucked. They will be thrilled with their gift. You have to forgive me I lost my mind for a bit and thought today was the 18th lol. This is what happens when I'm off from work! I'll be praying for you tonight and tomorrow, it's great you are getting it over first thing! Have your anesthesiologist pre med you mine gave me versed and I was laughing on the way to the OR.
anesthesiologist pre med you, mine gave me vers
ed an
Sorry for the extra duplicate text at the end my phone was acting up and I couldn't delete.

And bribery like that ensures you the best care EVER!
I'll definitely be asking for everythingtey can give me, I'm taking some valium in a minute and calling it a night. They gave me this anti septic srcub I have to use after my shower tonight and no lotion afterwards, so I'll be showing up ashy first thing in the morning. Thank you so much for keeping me calm.
You know it!!
Hope you are doing well, I am thinking of you! Hopefully you are feeling good enough to eat some lunch!
Hey guys!! Well, I finally made it to the other side and what an experience this has been. I'm feeling better day by day, my lower back hurts the most. Bf, mom and daughter has been super supportive. Ill post more later. I cried to my friends that my boobs look small, they laughed and said, I'm just not use to being normal.

Glad you are making progress. I think your friends are right. Our big boob brains take awhile to adjust to the reality of what we now see. I'm sure you are going to realize soon enough that they really aren't that little at all, they are just the shape and position they are meant to be!
I felt the same way at first, but each day I felt better about how they looked. I am certain I made the right decision, and I an confident you did too! So just try your best to relax and heal, that I have trouble with lol! Glad you made it without complications!

Good luck tomorrow!
Thank you!
I see your surgery is very soon, just wanted to wish you luck and prayers for a speedy recovery and the results you desire! I am Post op day 7 today and doing pretty well. If I can help in any way, please let me know!
Thank you so much!! I appreciate all the support I can get. I had a mild panic attack last night, tomorrow I have a meeting at work and I'll be relaxing for the rest of the day. Happy healing to you!!
What's crazy is I never had a panic attack in my life and I think it was post op day 4, I kept worrying about all the complications that could happen after surgery and was convinced I wasn't breathing right and was going to die...it was crazy!!! I had to get up, throw cold water on face and go outside. It made me feel better to look up that panic attacks can't actually kill you LOL. I thought I was going crazy, my husband didn't know what to do because I've never been like that. Being a nurse makes it worse, because I know what to look for and signs/symptoms which my mind is nice enough to try and create for me. Ugh, I'm finally over that. This was my first surgery and for me the general anesthesia really messed with me a lot afterwards, so if you've never had it before...just know it's normal for you to feel strange for a while afterwards.
Lol! I know exactly what you mean.. I'm a nurse also and my mind has been going crazy with all the "what-if's". I even had a dream I had a full meal after they told me to be NPO and bcz I knew they would delay surgery if they found out I kept it to myself and of course I aspirated on the OR table, lol. The mind is a terrible thing to have right now haha
Yeah I know, I thought I'd be worse before the procedure but ended up being worse after go figure! I was certain I was going to get a PE or something, it's crazy! I never was so worried about things, until I got into nursing. Ugh I was npo all day, because they changed my surgery to the afternoon, didn't end up going to OR until 2:30 I was hungry lol! So you better stay NPO ha ha!
Iam definitely staying NPO. Surgery is 730 am, slim chance of getting delayed lol. Ill update as soon as I can.

Don't mean to jump into your conversation, but as a nurse too I find that I'm either a hypochondriac about things that are trivial, or I blow off things that should be addressed. I made one of my boys go around with a broken thumb for three weeks because I thought he should just shake it off because he just jammed it. Imagine my surprise when 8 months later we were having surgery on it because it didn't heal correctly!
I have found I'm the same way too, more minor things I read into more and something major I don't want to deal with. I am also always trying to get my family members to comply like they are pts lol! My mom calls me nurse rachett lol!