African American Revision Rhinoplasty - Atlanta, GA

I had a rhinplasty performed by a doctor in San...

I had a rhinplasty performed by a doctor in San Antonio TX. He had great credentials and reviews. However, he was not experienced in African American Rhinoplasty. The first year my nose was alot bigger, but as time progressed my nostrils began to retract and my nose began to look even more pointed. He also left a dip in the bridge, which gave me the appearance of a caucasian nose. I also had some breathing problems that could be fixed by any ear, nose ,and throat doctor.

Please, please, please seek a facial surgeon that is also a certified ENT. I narrowed my search and consulted with 3 doctors in the Atlanta area and I could tell that the first doctor was only out to get my money. I had an idea of what needed to be done but my methods were all wrong. I decided to choose the doctor that gave me realistic expectations and did not just go along with every idea I had in mind. Be sure to have the doctor show you some of their work. Be sure that they have experience with African American noses and revision surgery. Revision surgery can be very difficult and scary, but finding an experienced physician can give you a sense of peace. I chose this doctor for several reasons, but I really liked his one year guarantee.

Many African Americans, including myself, do not allow their pictures to be published so I was not able to get much help that way, this is why I felt that it was very important to write this post.

Atlanta Facial Plastic Surgeon

The staff is wonderful and they respect your privacy. When I came in to get my splint removed, I chuckled at the rate of speed they used to get me to the back. Dr. Maloney is also very patient and he will let you know his limitations and expectations up front. Dr. Maloney does not pressure you and is very warm and welcoming. It was hard choosing a doctor because the first guy took away my identity and I wanted to get some of it back, which is not an easy task. I had my surgery performed less than a week ago. My nose is still swollen, but I am very pleased with the decision I made and I know that the results will be phenominal.

I'm glad you were able to get a revision and that you're happy with those results. I agree that doing your homework is very important.

Thank you for sharing your story on RealSelf!