Personal Goal Met! 100% Satisfied! - Atherton, CA

I got a chin implant done with Dr. Mehta, and...

I got a chin implant done with Dr. Mehta, and couldn't have been more pleased.

Pros:
Achieved desired aesthetic result
Easy recovery
Very little pain/bruising

Cons:
Lots of swelling the day after surgery
Some numbness in chin region

My motivation: I had always been unhappy with the way my facial proportions looked. First I blamed it on my teeth, but orthodontists confirmed that my bite was correct, I just had an underdeveloped chin/jaw. Then I thought my nose was too big. Finally, I decided to see what my possibilities were with chin augmentation. When I saw the before and afters at Dr. Mehta's office, I know that the procedure would fix what was making me displeased.

Personal goal: To make my face appear more proportionate and mature.

Outcome: The chin implant totally evened out my face, and best of all, it looks NATURAL. No one could tell I got it done, but everyone keeps telling me I've grown up and asking if I got a hair cut. The procedure was very easy and the recovery was quick. I went on a trip a couple of weeks after the procedure. Even with the plane ride and hot temperatures, I had no swelling. The numbness I experienced after the procedure went away completely in a matter of weeks.

This procedure has helped me feel more confident and much happier about being in pictures!

What I wish I knew beforehand: Although you may feel up to going out and doing things within a few days, you may not want to due to the swelling. In the first few days it is very noticeable (similar to when you get your wisdom teeth removed). I also never imagined I'd be "one of those people with numbness". Well, I was. I was so worried when my numbness wasn't gone in a few days. I was afraid it would last for months, or even the rest of my life. But sure enough, just a couple weeks ago, I noticed my chin tingling. I touched it, and sure enough, all feeling was back. Now I completely forget that I even got the procedure done. It feels so normal.

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Dr. Mehta is absolutely amazing. He made me feel so comfortable and I knew I was in very capable hands. He was phenomenal. How I chose Dr. Mehta: I set up consultations with multiple plastic surgeons that I found on RealSelf, Yelp, etc. I scheduled free consults before any paid consults. That way, if I found a surgeon I was happy with early on, I wouldn't have to pay any fees. After meeting with a few options, I was stuck between Dr. Mehta and Duet Plastic Surgery. Both were extremely kind and well educated. I was so stuck between the two that I decided the tie breaker would be price. Dr. Mehta ended up being less expensive, and he was willing to get me in for surgery in a very tight time frame. I made the decision and never looked back. He was absolutely fabulous and I have no regrets.

Thanks for writing such a helpful review, Alexandra! I'm glad you had such a positive experience. Do you think you'll post photos? I'd love to see your final results.