Unexpected, Great Results - Athens, Greece

After reading all the reviews on this site I was...

After reading all the reviews on this site I was scared to death of the upcoming treatment I had scheduled. I am 42 and decided to do the treatment for large although not too dark Melasma spots and for sun damage and "Marionette Lines". I wanted the "mild" laser treatment as I was petrified of complications.

My physician (a plastic surgeon) said that 1 "mild" Co2 laser treatment would probably not be enough to rid myself of the melasma blotches. After the treatment, for about 3 days, I looked like I had fallen out the back of a speeding truck and skidded down the road on my face. I was so paranoid the little black spots from where the laser burned into my skin would never go away. However, it is now 5 days since the treatment, no more black spots, only one small patch of still flaking skin, a little redness ... and much to our surprise.. the blotches are 98% GONE. I have noticed a big improvement on the Marionette Lines and my general skin tone has improved vastly. I was NOT expecting such wonderful results.

Would I do this again?,,,, YES. Did it hurt?... I can say it did initially but it was not unbearable. Did it take 2 days to recover?... NO WAY... although my doctor had told me to plan on about a week. I have read of the people who have had complications and I believe the qualifications and the experience of the physician is perhaps is extremely important. My doctor was excellent.

Despina Delidimitri

She did a great job and made sure I knew it would take more than 2 days to recover.

Hi I had co2 fraxel and it's day two my face looks terrible with black patches were the co2 was used , I am vert terrified can u tell me if it's normal and will it go away
Hi Megan! I do not believe I did anything more or less than anyone else in this forum. My doctor instructed me for the first 3 days to gently rub my face with a wet cotton ball to get off burnt skin and morning/night to apply the cream Cicalfate by Avene (a gentle moisturizing repair cream used after dermatological procedures). However, later, I felt I wanted something more so at night I would slather on Vaseline. Perhaps one thing I did differently was that I did not totally emerge my face into water nor scrub until the fourth day. On that day, I applied a mild lathering cleanser and with a light scrub sponge, exfoliated. Of course, after doing that much of the "dead" skin was gone. Afterwards,I applied Estee Lauder's "Night Repair" (VERY pricey but works well) as well as my usual rich Night Cream. I would do this procedure 3 times a day...and am still doing so, Normally, I have very dry skin. Yesterday, I had to go to my dentist and she noticed right off "something" had changed and she commented on how my skin tone was even and how my face looked so bright. I told her about the treatment and she then asked for my doctor's information so she could go to LOL. Maybe people should start off with the mildest Co2 treatment and THEN build up as I have read many reviews where people who have done this found that during their second more "intense" Co2 treatment, their skin actually healed more quickly, I am not a doctor so of course I do not know.... but am just relating my own experience (of which I was completely paranoid of) and my thoughts. I am leaving Greece soon so I don;t know when I will schedule my second, and this time more "intense" Co2 treatment... but I am estimating to return in October and have it done.

That is great you have seen such good results, and that your recovery was quicker than expected. Do you have anything that you attribute it to, such as any special aftercare you would recommend others to do?