IBTC here I come!

I am so excited and nervous about my upcoming...

I am so excited and nervous about my upcoming breast reduction!! I'm about a DD (that's a guesstimate - I just buy whatever "fits" - and my surgeon anticipates removing 400 grams from one breast and 350 grams from the other. Has anyone else had similar amounts removed? I don't know what to expect! Thanks!!

It just got real!

I just called ARMC and got my arrival time! No turning back now! Thanks to you guys, I've calmed down and started getting excited! Today, on my lunch break, I bought everything I need for after care. I'm going home tonight to pack my bag and upload some before pictures. I know I will never be able to get to sleep tonight - I'm too pumped! So glad I'm staying overnight at the hospital!!!

I did it!

Well, it's a done deal! I'm in my private observation room now. Pain is moderate on my horizontal incisions, but I have absolutely none on my vertical incisions or around my nipple. I'm still wearing the leg squeezers, so my blood clot anxiety is next to none. The only thing I'm worried about now is whether or not I'm going to be able to fall asleep! Dr. Gumucio will be here in the am to take my drains out, and then I will finally be able to see myself without the gauze dressings and surgical bra! I can't WAIT! If I unzip the bra and turn sideways I can see that they're much smaller. They also seem firmer to the touch and I don't have "butt cleavage" anymore. ????????

Heading home!

Just getting my last round of antibiotics through the IV and then Ill sign my discharge papers. Dr. Gumucio came by first thing this morning and removed my drains. Thanks to Kimmers25 I took a pain pill about an hour prior so it didn't hurt much at all. Dr. G stated that he removed 500 grams from one breast and 350 from the other. I think they look fantastic!!!

1st Day pics at home

A little overwhelming to see it up close!

1st day pics at home (con't)

1 week post-op

It's crazy to look at last weeks pictures! Almost all of that bruising is gone. My vertical scars are so thin and pale that you can barely see them. I am feeling sorer and heavier now that I did last week, and I'm getting "lightning bolt" pains every once in a while. All are manageable with occasional OTC pain medication. Getting the nipple stitches out tomorrow morning - eek!!! I will post updated pictures after the stitches are out.
Athens Plastic Surgeon

I love, love, love Dr. Gumucio! He came highly recommended from several women in my area who have seen him for varying reasons, and i can completely understand why. He is awesome! He takes his time with you and answers all questions thoroughly. I never had to wait, either. even on the day of the procedure he was running ahead of schedule. He has a great sense of humor and is very friendly, caring, knowledgeable and professional. I will see him exclusively for any/all future cosmetic or PS needs. Ginger, his nurse, is awesome, too! The office staff is also very kind and professional. No complaints!!!

Glad you made it to the smaller side. They look awesome! Hope that you continue to heal well.
Congrats. They look good :)
Sorry, I forgot to ask. Could you tell me what size you are now?
I tried on my friends bra and fit a D perfectly. I think I'll be a C when the swelling goes down :-)
You really look good. Congratulations.

Welcome to the community!!   I will be thinking about you this week.