Beware of Athenix in Irvine..... - Irvine, CA

So here is the story.....I wanted my bra fat, rib...

So here is the story.....I wanted my bra fat, rib cage, lower back, flanks and hips done, then the doctor talks me into getting my stomach done, which was not that bad, but why not, right? The one thing they DO NOT TELL YOU is that by law they will only be taking out 7 pounds (that we never get to see proof of). So think about it, the more areas you do, and remember...you have a left and right side, you are dividing that up. So the more areas done, the least amount taken out in each area. They don't tell you this. All they could have said is "Why not split the operations up so that you get better results!" So.....My bra is exactly the same, looks even worse! So embarrassing! My stomach, no fat whatsoever taken out, yet I have this large embarrassing lump, I want my old stomach back! It was fine, that's why I was't going to do it in the first place. The lower back and rib cage could have been so much better, Its ever so slight for the money. The hips, they went down, not as much as I thought, but they are improved, my flanks, needed more, I can see the dent where it pops out, looks funny! So I waited until my 5 month mark so that they would do revisions. Dr. Barnett said I had lost 7 pounds so there was no way she could blame the extra fat that was still there on me. She went on to check out each area and agreed with everything! She says she will make it right and would not want me to be unhappy! (Not true) She says, I would like you to wait until the 8 month mark! Ahhh...Okay...So I come back, even more upset because nothing has changed. And I don't see why she even though it would. They could not wait for me to weight myself I gained 5 pounds, which we all know can be gained in two days, water, salts, (My sons wedding was the Sunday before) etc. Everything fits the same! So the doctor acts like this is my first time in for revisions and says it must be because I gained weight. Are you kidding me? She made me wait! She says that that I have to have the 5 pounds off to get approval for the revisions. Yes, I was there at the 5 month mark, worked my butt off to get that 7 pounds off. It did not just fall off due to the lipo, trust me! They barely took any out and did way too many areas! So I will go back next week and I will let you all know how it turns out. Do they make it right, or do they give my the run around and blame it on me? I see now why they wanted me to wait almost a full year for revisions, most likely they are banking on the weight gain. 5 months....they knew what was up. I had such high hopes and they were deceiving. And think about it everyone....if they only take a small amount of each area, then you have fat cells still there so its all going to come back due to the improper, incomplete job. Do not go to Athenix in Irvine until I report back to you letting you know they did the right thing and do the revisions. Check back April 5th! And sorry, but I am too embarrassed to post pictures because I look like I need lipo all over!

My appointment was moved up

My appointment was moved up to the April 24th, so I will be back to let everyone know what the outcome is. Do they make it right or do they make excuses? Something went wrong that day, maybe the solution did not dislove my fat the way it should have, needed more, or longer to break down. I don't know....Over $8000.00....so I am taking this very serious.

Update on my April 24th appointment...

I am HAPPY to say that the doctor is making everything right and doing revisions on August 5th. I have too many family obligations to get it done any earlier. So my faith is restored in Athenix and Dr. Barnett. No charge!

Surgery Date

Surgery date is August 5th. I will let everyone know how it goes. I hear revisions are harder to do due to scar tissue. Ugh!
Dr. Barnett

I am having a problem with her right now. Check back after my next appointment to see if the doctor and Athenix is approving the revisions. I went to her with my revision requests at 5 months and she agreed that I had too much fat still left in all areas! She asked if I would wait until 8 months, which I really did not want to do since it was obvious nothing was going to change. She also said I had 7 pounds off so she could not blame it on me and that she would make it right. I come back after my sons wedding the Sunday before and I am up 5 pounds. She blames the whole thing on my weight gain. Can you believe that? Like I was never there at my 5 month marking asking for revisions. Then she asks if it is my hormones. Ummm...What a ridiculous question when 12 weeks earlier she admitted that a better job could be done. As if I am starting all over with her. As if this is my first time back! What happened to the doctor I saw 12 weeks prior who said she could see all the fat and that she would make it right. They are banking on you gaining weight! Never was I told in the beginning that the max in 7 pounds that they can take out so having under arms, lower back, flanks, hips, stomach and rib cage may be a bit too much since they can not go over 7 pounds of fat. I would have been more than happy to get the full story and get a really good job on my hips and flanks, then come back for my arm pits and lower back, etc. Just tell the truth! Check back with me April 5th to see if she makes this right. I have a lot more to say here.....but I will keep it at this just this for now.

Glad to hear it! Let us know how it goes :)
I hope this is made right for you- so disappointing to hear these kind of results and people being mislead. Sorry to hear that, I hope you have better news soon.
Sorry to hear about that! Of the second go-round doesn't work maybe another doctor is in order
This is terrible. So sorry it happened to you. Definitely post an update. Hope it all works out for you.
Thanks for sharing on RealSelf!  I didn't know that about the 7 pounds regulation.  So if you lose the 5 pounds will they do the revision?  Let us know how your next appointment goes, hopefully you get some better news.
They said if I loose the 5 pounds then they send it in for review with a person higher up. So they still give you the run around. At Athenix, Its not like going to a doctor that owns her or his own practice who makes the final decision. I will report back tomorrow. And just to let everyone know....use Care Credit or any credit card when doing surgery like this so you can open a dispute incase they do not make it right.
Definitely let us know what happens at your appointment!