and Tip Work- Was It Worth It?

Like any other asian girl, i was born with a very...

Like any other asian girl, i was born with a very flat nose and wide nostrils and i have always been self conscious about it.
i remember an incident where my mum were reminiscing and told me a story where i asked her to buy me a new nose in the market, i was just 4 years old.
However not being self loved or anything, but its safe to say i was not ugly and attractive and i just wanted to enhance my beauty (oh boy was i wrong).
Anyhow times past and i finally got the courage to actually do it after 20 years later, with little information about the recovery process, complication of rhinoplasty and risk due to my greedy impulse to look better. Adding on the fact that 3 of my other friends who did their nose done recovered beautifully in such a short time, approx one month, didn't help either that this is such a risk to take.

21 November 2012.
Did it. Bleed heavily during operation. I recall the surgeon said "i was bleeding like a pig". I was under local anaesthesia therefore i was aware of everything, i couldn't feel a thing but i was just so nervous and my heart was beating so fast, which also probably affect my heavy bleeding during operation (raise blood pressure perhaps? I don't know). It was almost 3 hr surgery. Dr's colleague documented the whole step every time (taking pictures of the whole step, etc). I remember the nurse saying when i was finish "your nose is one of the nicest nose we have done before and i don't normally say that", boost my reassurance straight up.

Went back to the hotel after couldn't do anything due to the anaesthesia sickness, my hand was shaking. All i did was browse the internet, which i later found out that it is advised that i should not drink or smoke at least 2 weeks prior to surgery (my surgeon did not warn me this AT ALL), well that explained the excess bleeding.

The next two days was the worst, i couldn't breathe because of the nasal packing and my face swelled up really really bad, like abnormally. Face, cheek , eyes, and ears look so deformed, i almost went through a depression (maybe because i did not elevate during the first two days when sleeping and yes the surgeon didn't tell me too, I KNOW!)
The following morning i went to the dr's office to take out my nasal packing, he decided to take off my tape also. When i saw myself all i could see is instant horror, i look like a pig, literally. Couldn't help but do nothing and cry when i got back home. From that day on until today (3rd January 2013), i stayed home and have not left my house since. I was so embarrassed to go outside because of the swelling, although it doesn't look horrendous or anything like the first time i saw it, it was nothing near to pretty or normal. The bridge is too high and my tip is still swollen like a ball with hanging columella (never had it) and i also feel that my tip is too far away from my face now (nothing like my nose before), the change was not subtle but dramatic. Even at home, i put tape around it because i'm afraid of my parents judgement, especially dad he did not approve of the operation at first and i just didn't want him to jump into more conclusion that this whole operation is a bad idea when he sees me looking so disfigured and swollen like this.

Emailed the dr and like he and everyone say to me "relax relax and i'm just swollen". So yes i am just here now at six weeks post operation trying to be calm about it and be positive that hopefully everything will work out and not form excessive scar tissue or anything like that. Just that if i knew what i know now is i wish i knew how mentally and physically exhausting rhinoplasty can be. It affected me so much that every morning i would wake up from a mini panic attack, i also cry occasionally but i always tell myself that i should not jump into conclusion too early because i am not anywhere near the result (finger crossed) and i am not even 2 months post op yet.

I'm sorry you're going through this difficult time in your recovery. I hope your swelling subsides soon (it does sound like you might be a big sweller) and that you find peace with, or even love, your results. Please keep us posted.

I do not know what else to say but having...

I do not know what else to say but having rhinoplasty is the worst decision ever in my life. Unless you really need it, please stay away with it or pick a really good surgeon. A well known surgeon does not mean they are good. Go to a surgeon who only specialise in rhinoplasty and none other.

Very well known doesnt mean they are good