Approaching 65 and Needed a Refresh! - Asheville, NC

As I approached the big 65, I did a lot of...

As I approached the big 65, I did a lot of research on area doctors and decided to consult with Dr. Harley even though his office was one-and-a-half hours away. His reviews were very positive, and one of the main factors was that I would not be put under with an anesthesia. I had consulted with another doctor a year earlier who stated the procedure usually took six hours and that he was very particular. That was not something I wanted to have any part of.

Upon meeting Dr. Harley and his office manager, Juanita, I felt very comfortable and completely aware of the details of the two-hour procedure, what to expect from the results of the surgery, and was very pleased with the at-home feel of the office and no-pressure consultation. I called back to few time to ask more questions as I thought of them and my questions were very graciously answered.

I decided to get a lower facelift, neck lift, and lower eye lift. I had looked at some of the results pictures online and didn't want to have that fake look that so often accompanies facelifts. Dr. Harley's work looked very natural and beautiful.

Upon entering the office on surgery day, I was warmly welcomed, given a "cocktail" with the medications that would get me to sleep, and woke up two hours later awake but a little drowsy and went to the hotel so that I could return early the next morning for a check up.

My swelling and bruising was extremely minimal (due to my following the instructions to prevent such) and I was able to go out in public in two weeks and to resume my normal activities without anyone knowing I had had surgery. I was thrilled with my younger looking face - the jowls were gone, neck was firmer and more youthful, and eyes no longer had bags under them. People notice and comment on how good I'm looking but have no clue I've had surgery. I would say I look at least 10-15 years younger and I love the way I look.

I would recommend Dr. Harley to anyone who wants a safe and wonderful experience. Dr. Harley is very positive, competent, and has a very enjoyable "bedside" manner. Now, almost three months later, I wonder why I put it off so long. I have a new lease on life and feel much more confident about my appearance. Thank you, Dr. Harley!

Before and After Photos

Asheville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Five stars plus for Dr. Harley and his staff!

You look great! I am also a Dr. Harley graduate and a big fan. I was lucky to live here in Asheville because I did not do a lot of research before booking my lift. I mainly had heard locally that he was a good plastic surgeon and liked him very much during my consultation. I instantly had confidence in him and found comfort in the way he does the procedure without a general. I found this site only a couple of weeks before the procedure, but was happy to see I had made a good decision.
Another Dr Harley success story!! What a beautiful result. I'm so happy for you. Thank you for posting your results!
You look fresh and elegant will also choose Dr Harley for a upper eye lift and facelift. thank you for sharing your lovely results
What a great result, I've been contemplating a FL & NL for awhile and am getting close to making a decision. It is refreshing to read about someone's surgery that went well. No jowls how wonderful!
Thank you for sharing! You look several years younger and so refreshed!!
Forgot to say my surgery is Aug 21 in my response to you below.
We're the same age and I am having chin lift, chin implant, and quite a few other things. Like yourself, I wonder why I haven't done this before??? My diminutive retracted chin has bothered me ever since I was able to notice it. Thanks for the wonderful review. You TRULY look at least 10 yrs younger. Remarkable. My dgtr is a surgeon (trauma) and just started after residency/fellowship in Asheville....I'll tell her about Dr Harley -- you never know, she's only been working a couple of weeks there but she might already have run into him if he ever works at Mission Memorial Hosp. Good luck for continued good health and GREAT results!!
I'm wondering about how your incisions are looking. Are they completely invisible already?
Congrats! You Look Great and refreshed. Much younger now :) Your ps did a great job Best Wishes.
You look amazing and so natural looking
You look fabulous, forgot to say!
What kind of incisions/scars were involved? Could almost just see them in the last pic ;) Thanks!
Yes thank you for sharing your experience and I must say, amazing results achieved with the neck and jowls. Well done!! What instructions specifically did you follow to minimize the swelling and bruising? Also, I'd be interested to know the surgery was done by Lipo or otherwise. Hoping your nerves will juice up soon.
Thank you so much for sharing! You look absolutely lovely. So, no lingering numbness or pain?
just a little bit of numbness in front of my ears that is going away a little bit every day. If I tap on the area with my fingers, the area tingles, so that nerves are just getting their juice back.
You really do look 15 years younger! Congratulations on your great results. It sounds like the healing process went smoothly for you. The jowls and neck are so improved-just what a gal would want! All the best!