Love the Results - Asheville, NC

I looked at the reviews on this site and got...

I looked at the reviews on this site and got really scared and kept putting off getting Dysport. I'm 44 and I don't have many wrinkles yet. My 11's weren't that bad, but I hate looking serious or angry when I'm not. I talked to my doctor about my fears and she admitted that the risk of eyelid-droop are real and that she's seen it happen, but that it's relatively rare and usually lasts for only 2-3 weeks since those muscles aren't directly targeted. I also know that most reviews tend to be negative because fewer satisfied people are likely to go to the trouble of posting a review.

I decided to bite the bullet and go for it. I had worked myself up to the point of expecting an eye droop, but I knew that if I didn't do it I'd always wonder about it and wish for my 11s to disappear.

I received 60 units of Dysport in my glabellar region. It wasn't at all painful and I had no bruising. The muscles started weakening within about 24 hours and over the next 10 days it became increasingly more difficult to furrow my brow. I'm now 3 weeks in and I can still furrow just a little bit if I try very hard. I don't have a frozen look at all and can still move my eyebrows. I feel like it took 10 years off my face, although no one else seems to have noticed.

The only negative side-effect for me was sinus/eye pain in my right eye about 7 days after injections. This lasted for 2 days and I seriously expected my right eye to begin drooping, but it didn't. I can't raise my right eyebrow quite as high as my left and my doctor thinks it probably diffused a bit more on that side. It's not really a problem though because I have to make an effort to raise my brows as high as possible for this to be at all noticable. When In tried to show my husband, he couldn't tell what I was taking about.
Overall, I love the results and can't imagine going without it now.
I'll probably try Botox next time just for comparison.

I think you make a good point about the possibility that more dissatisfied people will write reviews than satisfied ones, so thank you very much for coming back to let us know that things went well for you!

It sounds like your injector was very realistic with you about the risks, which is great.

I've only done Botox myself, and have considered trying Dysport just to see if I can tell a difference, so I will be interested to hear if you do switch it up next time.