Unexpected Emotions - Asheville, NC

Hi everyone. I'm two weeks postop from having a...

Hi everyone. I'm two weeks postop from having a breast reduction. I went from a 34DD to a large B, small C. I was so looking forward to the surgery and just shrugged off the information I was given regarding the emotional roller coaster that could follow. I definitely went through a couple of meltdowns, questioning my decision and feeling like a boy. I was focused on everyone else's breasts and thinking that mine were inadequate.

Please understand this may happen and that it is normal as you are facing a body image change. The breasts may appear smaller than you think they should, may look assymetrical and may look misshapen. Trust me when I say that time will improve all these things. I did question my decision afterwards but I can say that just two weeks out, I am very happy that I did it. I can wear tops that I could have never worn before and the neck and shoulder pain I was experiencing have pretty much disappeared. I just wanted to share this information because I feel that this issue is probably not discussed preoperatively as much as it should be. Hang in there and know that things just keep getting better and better!

Who was your surgeon in Asheville?
I am glad you posted because I keep looking at mine and think they are crooked, our too small, or not as pretty as some of the other photos.
I have thought those same thoughts. Just try and be patient and know that things do get better. I still think that my right breast is larger but as my PS nurse stated, "Remember, they are sisters, not identical twins." :)
Thank you for sharing this. It's so helpful to be able to read all these insights from people who have gone through the process.
Your welcome. I felt it was important to reach out and let others know because I was really blind sided by all of this. I hope you are doing well.
I've been the same way...still feel flat-chested. But I'm confident that, with time, I'll love my new breasts ;)
Hi Sunnylou432. Thank you for your comment. When did you have your surgery?
My surgery was performed on August 15th. Everyday is different honestly. Sometimes I look at them and go, "Wow! These look awesome!" and sometimes I want to cry. I've read many reviews that say similar things. I also have to remember not to hunch over anymore! I'm so used to doing that.
I know exactly what you mean. Isn't it funny how we wanted this for so long and now that we have it there are all these emotions? It is a body image issue regardless of the physical problems they were causing. Trust me, in a week you are going to be feeling so much better and that emotional roller coaster you are on is going to slow down and you're going to be so happy with your choice and it is only going to get better! Hang in there!
I already feel much better. I took some new pictures (which are up on my review) the other day and I feel like they look MUCH better. Yay :D
I'm so glad you are feeling better. You're just going to be happier and happier as time goes by!

Thanks, Cpiprn for sharing  your story! I think it is so important for the ladies to know that it is a big emotional adjustment for so many, and I appreciate you relating your perspective! Glad you have come through this and are experiencing the pleasures of your decision!
Hi Iowa71 - Thank you for your comment. Things are getting better every day!

I am so thankful to hear that :-D
I
So happy you Are happy , I went through the same thoughts . I am 5 week out and every day gets better .... Xx
Hi Symone - You're right - every day does get better. I'm 3 wks out tomorrow and am much happier about the shape and volume.