My First Fraxel Treatment Was AMAZING - Ashburn, VA

Pros: Skin improvements Cons:none Advice:book your...

Pros: Skin improvements Cons:none Advice:book your appointment on a Wednesday so you have all weekend to recover from peeling.

I can only speak for myself on what happened at Dr.Mountcastle's office:

1. I took celebrex (pain relief pill) with some water right before I had a generous amounts of numbing cream applied all over my face

2. I waited for about an hour-periodically I had to wipe some excess numbing cream that dripped from my chin-very normal though

3. After waiting for about an hour-the numbing cream was taken off thouroughly -protective laser goggles were given and my fraxel treatment began

4. Fraxel treatment started on my forehead (pain level 4.5)then temple area(not as painful-level 2)

5. then cheeks - nose (not painful)

6. finally upper lip and chin (pain level 5)

The whole process for my entire face took about 30 minutes -

The cool air that blows as the fraxel is in use does help a lot with decreasing the pain !!

I was given breaks when it started to hurt a little and the staff would calm my skin by just using the cryo machine to blow cold air on me.

Lastly- applying the ice patches on my skin for 10 min every hr for the first 24 hrs was extremely soothing on my skin

***I think the above process really helped to decrease the pain level- hopefully that will help someone else interested in having fraxel done ****

Pleased to hear what a great experience you had!

Many people comment on how painful Fraxel is. Did you find it pretty uncomfortable while it was being performed?

Ashburn General Surgeon

My whole experience was fantastic! I heard about Fraxel 1550 and had it done here. The results are night and day. Fraxel sells itself, but most of all the quality of care and attentiveness was fantastic! I can't wait to have my next Fraxel in 3 months!!