My First Fraxel Treatment Was AMAZING - Ashburn, VA

Pros: Skin improvements Cons:none Advice:book your...

Pros: Skin improvements Cons:none Advice:book your appointment on a Wednesday so you have all weekend to recover from peeling.

Ashburn General Surgeon

My whole experience was fantastic! I heard about Fraxel 1550 and had it done here. The results are night and day. Fraxel sells itself, but most of all the quality of care and attentiveness was fantastic! I can't wait to have my next Fraxel in 3 months!!

I can only speak for myself on what happened at Dr.Mountcastle's office:

1. I took celebrex (pain relief pill) with some water right before I had a generous amounts of numbing cream applied all over my face

2. I waited for about an hour-periodically I had to wipe some excess numbing cream that dripped from my chin-very normal though

3. After waiting for about an hour-the numbing cream was taken off thouroughly -protective laser goggles were given and my fraxel treatment began

4. Fraxel treatment started on my forehead (pain level 4.5)then temple area(not as painful-level 2)

5. then cheeks - nose (not painful)

6. finally upper lip and chin (pain level 5)

The whole process for my entire face took about 30 minutes -

The cool air that blows as the fraxel is in use does help a lot with decreasing the pain !!

I was given breaks when it started to hurt a little and the staff would calm my skin by just using the cryo machine to blow cold air on me.

Lastly- applying the ice patches on my skin for 10 min every hr for the first 24 hrs was extremely soothing on my skin

***I think the above process really helped to decrease the pain level- hopefully that will help someone else interested in having fraxel done ****

Pleased to hear what a great experience you had!

Many people comment on how painful Fraxel is. Did you find it pretty uncomfortable while it was being performed?