Asclera for Spider Veins - Seattle

Had Asclera injections to address the broken...

had Asclera injections to address the broken veins, capillaries, and spider veins behind my knee, in my shin area, and all around the foot and ankle. Pretty bad looking.  During the treatment I watched as the doctor injected the sclerosing agent (which he almost injected without telling me what was going in my leg!). He explained it was asclera and he's been using it instead of a sodium solution that caused previous patients intense burning pain when injected.

The jabs hurt around the ankle, but you could see the vein simply vanish when he injected the solution. After an hour of injections I was done. In retrospect, 1 hour of constant jabbing isn't recommended unless you've dosed up on some advil.

I'm about 3 weeks post-treatment. Really happy with the results. Minimal "staining". My only frustration is that I still have small broken areas that he said were too small for the injection. Once I go for the last followup visit the doctor will provide me with before and after photos. I'll post them then.

Bellevue General Surgeon