Wow, Small Arms! - Kansas City (Overland)

I have been heavy all of my adult life. In 2001 at...

I have been heavy all of my adult life. In 2001 at the age of 37 I had gastric bypass and lost 140 pounds. My arms got droopier with each pound lost. I have maintained 110 pound weight loss and still have been so ashamed of my arms. This summer I was mowing, near dusk, and was in a tank top and felt like there were spotlights on me shouting to the world to look at my gross arms. I decided that night that at 46 I have a whole life of tank tops, sleeveless dresses and cap sleeves that I would be missing if I didn't just do it.

I met with Dr. D in July and saw some of his before and after photo's and went home and discussed it with my husband. We decided that I "had" to do it. I am two weeks post-op today and although the scars are still red and new I'm thrilled with the results. When I went back to the doctor 24 hours after surgery and they removed the bandages I cried.

My arms were "beautiful" to me. Last night I had the ace bandage off and was rubbing my foot, my husband was across the room looking at me and he said, "Hon I can't believe how small your arms look now and I know that makes you feel good." Painful? Compared to other surgeries? I've had 2 c-sections and a panneculectomy and this was in the middle. I think c-section is worst and I had no problems after the panny, I think the difference is that we don't realize how we use our arms. I'm seriously considering a thigh lift if 2012.

Kansas City Plastic Surgeon

Very professional! I had my surgery Labor Day weekend and he even gave me his cell phone number to call him on Monday to give him an update on my progress!

Thank you for sharing your experience.  Great to hear both positive outcomes and a recommendation of a plastic surgeon (our audience loves personal testimonials!).