Totally Worth It - Arlington Heights, IL

Although people focus on how terribly dry accutane...

Although people focus on how terribly dry accutane makes your skin, I have only one month left of accutane and have not had a zit in two months. The only side effects I had were dry skin which I used Cetaphil lotion on and my lips were dry and swollen which I used Aquaphor and prescription samples on

Thanks so much for letting us know that your skin has cleared, and that the dryness hasn't been that bad for you. Have you noticed any other side effects, or has it been pretty easy all around? Also would love to know what dose you are on.

I am on the 40 mg. Overall, the side effects were not bad at all except for the dryness. My family said they thought I was a little crabbier than usual, but nothing horribly dramatic. I never felt depressed or anything. Plus I'm a teenage girl so it was not an uncommon behavior haha.

Haha, yes, you definitely get a pass on the crabbiness then! Actually, I think you can sometimes assign that behavior to us girls in general, teenage or...welll, not-so-teenage. ;) I know I'm a crab sometimes still!!

Glazer Dermatology