I Have my Body Back! - Arlington Heights, IL

I waited nearly a year after my surgery to post...

I waited nearly a year after my surgery to post this review. I wanted to make sure that I could give a thoughtful review; not a spontaneous review.

Dr. Otto Placik was my surgeon and I was so shy about even consulting a surgeon. I have 3 children and am in my late 30s. I wanted to get back the breast volume I had and maybe a little more. I started out with a 32B and ended up with a 32DD.

We used 375 high profile. I got an absolutely perfect result. My breasts are symmetrical and the nipples are even. I was fairly symmetrical beforehand though.

I felt very comfortable with the doctor and the staff. I had consulted a few other surgeons but just didn't feel right. This doctor makes sure you have realistic expectations and are educated about breast augmentation. I had to watch a video about breast augmentation. I had done research beforehand but I liked that I got insight into his approach to augmentation before I met him. My consultation included him taking many measurements and then I tried a few sizers to get an idea of size. His nurse Sheri was awesome. I was extremely nervous about what my breast would look like afterwards. Sheri actually showed me hers. I felt much better after seeing someone else's result. The whole team was wonderful. Dr. Placik has a surgical suite in his office, which is right in the hospital. That made me feel a little safer just in case something were to happen.

After my procedure, I even had the cell phone of the surgical nurse besides just the answering service. I had an issue with pain relief after being home a few hours. Dr. Placik took care of it immediately by issuing a different prescription. I was swollen quite a bit at first and the swelling reduced the most in the first several weeks. Six months after, I think my swelling was completely gone. I've gone through a bathing suit season without having to worry that my falsies will fall out! Bathing suit shopping is fun now. An important thing to think about regarding sizing is that you want to be able to find bras in your size. With my size, I can't find bras at discount or even most department stores. Sometimes Victoria's Secret doesn't have my size. Frederick's has most of the hard to find sizes in sexy and in more modest styles.

Thanks Angie. Swimsuit shopping was fun for a change.

Love hearing year-post-op stories. It gives the whole journey so much more context. Thank you heaps for posting here. I'm glad you're happy and have had fun swim suit shopping!

Chicago Plastic Surgeon

The whole team was wonderful. I think that I got a perfect result. The staff made me feel good about my decision and answered all my questions. I liked that I had access to my surgical nurse via cell phone. The staff also talked to my husband when he had some questions about my recovery. Dr. Placik's fee is a little higher than many of his peers but it is absolutely worth it. I found Dr. Placik really down-to-earth and easy to talk to. You can tell that he and his whole staff love what they do and really want their patients to have a pleasant experience and fantastic result. If I ever decide to have another cosmetic procedure, I will be calling Dr. Placik.