Finally Scheduled Tummy Tuck for March 13, 2012 - Arkansas

I am the mother of two beautiful children (ages 10...

I am the mother of two beautiful children (ages 10 and 5), both of whom were delivered by C-section. I am only 5'0 tall and gained 40+ pounds with both pregnancies. Although I lost the weight after each pregnancy, the sagging skin and stretch marks remain.

I am very active and have maintained a regular work-out schedule for several years, but no amount of sit-ups or crunchs or weight-loss of any kind have been successful at improving my abdominal region. I scheduled a consultation for a tummy tuck with a plastic surgeon (not the one that I have chosen to use) a couple of years ago and the surgeon indicated that a TT was the only option for getting rid of the excess skin. However, I just didn't feel the time was right for me to schedule the procedure, as my daughter was still so small and I knew I would have too much "mommy guilt" about not being able to hold her and pick her up (not to mention I just didn't feel like the surgeon was the one for me.)

Fast forward two years and I am now ready to undergo the procedure. I am tired of thinking about it everyday of my life and being bothered by the hanging skin everytime I sit down or bend over! I scheduled a consultation with a female plastic surgeon in December and left the consultation knowing the time and the surgeron were right this time. I went ahead and scheduled the procedure (TT with muscle repair) for late January, but ended up rescheduling for March so that I could have 2 weeks off of work for recovery versus just the 1 week I would have been able to take in January. I have been reading the reviews on Real Self almost daily and it has been so informative and comforting to read about all the details of recovery, as it gives me a good idea of what I should expect along the way. I am so excited about the oppurtunity to finally "fix" the one part of my body that is beyond my control to improve!

Congratulations!! March is right around the corner.

I am glad to hear you now have more than just one week off to recover.  It's so important to not rush this process.  You will be glad to have the two full weeks off when you do this.

Thank you for sharing your journey and I look forward to following your posts.