Strattice After Having Implants for 38 Years - Arizona

I've had implants for 38 years now. Probably had...

I've had implants for 38 years now. Probably had 10 re-do's due to capsulation.
Finally went 2 years ago and had strattice put in. They finally sit lower like they
should and he lowered nipples to be even. I've always had trouble with the left
breast sitting too high and it still has a tendency of being a bit too high, but something I can live with. It's been a battle but at 65 I'm sure glad I did it 38 years ago. I was pretty flat. I think women don't realize that problems can arise and do arise but hopefully can be fixed.....they keep coming up with new ways of doing operations all the time. I've always had silicone. But what you want to accomplish in the long run is to make them look natural and as you grow older they will look better and more sexy.

about 10 months.....but they move when I walk now....I guess that's a plus!!!!
probably 8 to 10 months.....but they move when I walk...that's a plus!!!!!
It's gonna be 7 weeks on tues. They don't move at all....they still don't feel like they are part of me. Feel like implants squished under my chest. Left is soft right is a bit firmer. Really massaging. Waiting....waiting.... They don't look natural. Feel like maybe he too too much skin???? Maybe they have no where to go....:/
Yep 56 here. Have had silicone implants since I was 22-23ish. They were overs. 10 yrs later went from about 250 to 350. Changed du to cc. 10 year later changed out left one only (that was a mistake) 10 year later changed both (2012). Right one never really softened redid right one 2013. Still cc. Just had revision July 1st. Changed from overs to unders, capsulectomy, alloderm, and left side lift. I kept telling to remember my age , I would like these to be the last pair and I want them to look natural but sexy......ummm, jury is still out. How are you doing so far? Can u post pics? Thank you
Can you please list your doctor? Thanks.
Dr. Cohen in Scottsdale Arizona
Question for you, how much strattice is used? In other words does it surround the breast implant, or only covers some tissue? On one of my surgeries strattice was used on the tissue on the outer edge of the implant, sort of under the arm along the rib cage, to help support the implant due to laxity from previous surgeries and a stretching from a large hematoma from artery rupture. Similar to a bandaid on each side, maybe smaller. Please advise
Around nipples and under each boob.
I understand it's usually a rectangular piece where they feel your tissue is thin and implant needs the most support....?
Your story is just what this 55 year old needed to read. At 21 I had my first implants, subglandular saline, which were perfect until I ruptured one in a snowboarding fall 16 years later. 18 years after that rupture I've had over a dozen surgeries to address problems from the replacements. it's reassuring to know others have had years of problems and multiple surgeries trying to come up with a solution. Textured implants that contracted, saline again that contracted, capsule removal then recurrence, silicone subglandular that contracted, capsule removal again, and another recurrence, total removal and 1 year of trying to adjust to being totally flat, then a submuscular silicone replacement that not only contracted but the muscle distortion with even slight upper body activity looked so abnormal I felt subconscious being intimate with my husband. I'm now at a slightly larger subglandular silicone implant that has contracted 2 months after surgery. I'm encouraged now. Thank you again.
Oh baby, I thought I had gone through a lot. Geez when I was sooo young thought once and done......not so much, especially when you are prone to cc. I could deal with the every ten year cc. But these last three surgeries have taken a toll. Oh and the cost....I have a small fortune under this surgical bra!!! Good luck honey. Let us know what you decide. But if we have put them under the muscle, used alloderm, used sientra and lift on one side if I cc again, what then??? I really hope not to go there. Back when I first started I called them pancakes with cherries I don't know if psychologically I can have them removed permanently. Sucks
Thank you for your review! Its hard  finding reviews for CC with strattice. I am about to get my revision by the end of the year and its costing me $8K for one boob- so I am trying to find assurance from others with the same issue and the same fix. Thanks again!
8k one boob. Sounds about right. I paid 12k 2 boobs, change to unders, silicone and one side lift, each procedure cha Ching ha Ching!

Thank you for being willing to share and congrats on being RealSelf's very first strattice review! :)

What was the recovery for strattice like?

I couldn't do anything but walk for 3 months. You have to let the strattice attached itself properly before you screw it up. I'm extremely active so they had to almost tie me down. It's been 2 years now.....pain is no different than regular breast aug but at first it feels pretty tight to reach for anything. All in all in about a month you feel like it's doing it's job.
It's so hard to find anyone sharing their experience after they had strattice put in, so thank you for sharing your story. I'm scheduled to have strattice put in during my revision surgery for rippling of the implants in 3 weeks. I'm somewhat nervous as I'm not sure exactly what to expect. When you say you couldn't do anything but walk for 3 months, did that include even light housework? Also, you say you've had the strattice for 2 years now, would you say the strattice is working just as well today as when you first had it put in? Anything you're willing to tell me about the strattice would be much appreciated!
You won't even know it's in there to begin with....I'm extremely active and athletic and so the doctor said take it really easy for 3 months so that the strattice can attach itself properly. I had to laugh, it's like holding down a type A personality is easy?!!!! As far as the two years, I would say it is good so far, but who knows!!? I don't feel it and neither does my husband and my boobs have never been so pliable...loose. Yea!! I hope they stay that way but time will tell. Don't stress on it cause if you have problems sometimes you need to trust science to help. I did very light housework in the beginning...you must be careful as to not stretch it or tear it until it heals. No different than a scar. Have fun in life.
I'm so glad to hear that you're happy with the strattice. You're the first person I've found to say so. I'm also glad to hear that neither you nor your husband can feel it (one of my concerns), and that you didn't even know it's there to begin with. You are right that sometimes we need to just go for it instead of keep stressing about it. Again, I'm so glad you posted as you did. You are such a positive person. Thanks again!
Want those squishy boobs. How long did it take for them to be squishy?