Lumineers Fall Off Fairly Regularly - Arizona

My Lumineers look good but I probably have to...

My Lumineers look good but I probably have to return to the dentist about once every 2 months because one has fallen off. I just got back from the dentist after he replaced a repaired Lumineer (it had cracked and fallen off). My dentist had sent it back to the manufacturer to have it repaired. That very same Lumineer came off again only about 1 hour after I got home. Granted, I have 18 Lumineers, so the odds are greater that one will come off. However, if I had to do it all over again, I would have gone the permanent veneer route instead. It's very inconvenient having to go to the dentist office so often.

Yes they're glued on with some kind of superglue and cured with some kind of light. And they fall off. If you don't mind not biting on or into stuff with the teeth in question, maybe it will be OK but you have to be careful and that takes some of the fun out of eating. Plus it looks ridiculous to whomever you're eating with. I'm not talking saltwater taffy here, I mean the last one of mine that fell off (next tooth over from front incisors) was when I bit into a piece of crisp toast.

Robert is right. There are many things that can affect the outcome of a Lumineers case, including the type of bonding agent and cements used (doctor may have used products other than what are recommended because they are less expensive, or they may have been expired), the light used to cure them (many doctors use inexpensive, under-powered hand-held curing lights for crowns and veneers, resulting in pop-offs). The best thing to do is find a doctor who specializes in cosmetic dentistry and Lumineers, as they are more likely to use the recommended materials and equipment, and have taken recommended training courses on Lumineers placement and finishing.
I'm sure there is only one brand of cement Lumineers will allow the dentist to use.