It Was NOT Worth the Pain and I Look Worse Now Than Before

I ended up with "post treatment hyperpigmentation"...

I ended up with "post treatment hyperpigmentation" under both eyes and now need further treatments, bleaching creams, etc. to get rid of the dark brown and redish scarring under my eys.

I am 50 and had some fairly deep wrinkles under the eyes and thin skin, but pretty clear, smooth skin other than that. The wrinkles have been reduced by about 50% at this time, the thin skin is already returning (maybe about 30% better than before).

The pain of this treatment was so incredible, even with double the amount of medications AND "nerve blocks" I could not stand it. I am sooo upset at the appearance of my face right now and it has been 35 days since my treatment. My wrinkles were nothing compared to this. The technician is trying to help me with other treatments and believes it can be reversed but after 35 days I have my doubts.

I do not recommend this procedure to anyone unless you have NOTHING to loose. Wrinkles are not as bad as dark brown burns (hyperpigmentation) under your eyes. I wish I had left well enough alone.

My providers office is usually very good but I think this laser and treatment is too new.

Hi Jenny,

So sorry to hear about your negative experience. Am also in Arizona, got the Total FX about a week ago and am totally not impressed also.

I have been to one seemingly reputable clinic. But now am finding out, they probably are just after the money.

Not only was it atrociously painful, like you said, but now that the swelling has gone down and redness is gone too, I see the lines and wrinkles are all there - intact, exactly the same as before with not one iota of change!!!

I am so very upset. Before the procedure, I told the doctor very clearly that many people who had the procedure comment that they see no result because the setting is too low, and this is exactly what she did - give me a very low setting!!!

And then, she completely skipped my eyes - which were the one area I insisted upon, that and my forehead!!! She offered to do them; but this means that in a couple weeks, I have to go again through the whole ordeal!!!

Then I discovered that this doctor - a NMD, has had a disciplinary action by the medical board against her. She seems pretty negligent.

So am wondering who did you go to, it may be the same doctor... The doctors's name is Leslie Marcum...
I did Total FX two weeks ago. I do not recommend this procedure. They tell you that the redness is gone in one week. It is NOT true. My face is still quite red and I have brown pigmentation around my mouth and my chin. This is extremely stressful.